January Arrivals

div

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aside from the riveting debate on 'is eight about half of fifteen?" Some of you guys either:

A - mentally dont get it, and therfor should be treated appropriately (as in that is a personal struggle in your life)

B - dont care, bit like Brexiteers who say "great lets have no deal, country can suffer for a while"

C - are hell bent on running round the forum to abuse and insult any poster who in your eyes deserves "tae get it". Bit like the kids in school surrounding someone and yelling to induce an epilectic episode for sick amusement.

Div, called keys yesterday following a quite incredible accusation, and asked people to basically get a grip! Try and treat each other with respect on issues surrounding our club we might not all agree with each other, all the time on. Some of you just seem to be whoosed by that. He means YOU..! And me, I've listened.

why dont you meet up with whoever it is you feel compelled to troll, talk to them face to face. Have a real conversation. I have suggested, and are still happy to meet up with anyone on this forum who feels the need to troll me incessantly, to talk, hear there story, and tell them mine.

in the real world, (which isnt the microcosm of fifty aulfd blokes on here) i know its unlikely even one person will step up, and take the invite, but for my part its there. PM me, my name is Tony (that will probably give one or two a happy ending). We will never always agree on things, but respect for peacefully held opions costs nowt.

ps. Banter when you are ACTUALLY debating stuff is always good, 

Just felt the need to comment on one of the more sensible posts from the Lord;

A - absolutely spot on

B-  Got to disagree here I'm afraid, I entirely take your point re the 'don't cares'; but feel it's unfair to imply the Brexiteers (as you label them) do not actually care with regard to what happens in the country, I mean would be a bit like 'well the lifeboat is sinking but I can't be bother to bail it out ' silly analogy I know but it kind of makes my point. I as you are no doubt aware; voted to leave and leave means leave, no partial attachments, no customs deal and absolutely NO commitment to any financial responsibility towards the EEC an no agreement to abide by THEIR rules and regulations, I think you take my drift which is ............  separate, not attached to, away from etc etc.  This does NOT mean I am averse to new deals being set up, that would be fine, ut at the moment it seems far more likely to me that the EEC community is on the verge of imploding and I would be glad to distanced from it when that happens.

C- Yes there are those who do that and really other than responding (which is not always the wisest course) even though they are irritating, it is a Forum and they are entitled to a 'point of view', no matter how obscure.

Agree with rest, particularly with last comment; it really helps occasionally not to get too caught up in the 'point' simply to win a prize, humour is always good.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Any news from ASDA?

No Deal on Berxit will put 20p on the price of a tin of beans as an example from BBC news. Cost of living will go through the roof. Mean time a possible striker is negotiating he can afford to put food on the table for his family :P

23 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thanks for confirming i was indeed correct and it will be half of what was expected i.e. Like for like numbers. It truly dies deserve an airing!

You clearly said numbers lower than what we have brought in. It was never in doubt we would sign fewer than left... because OK said as much in at least half a dozen interviews :rolleyes:

you were wrong as usual but we know it’s not in your nature to man up and admit it. 

56 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I hate to say it but have you never heard 'ma ba ma rules'.  Might I suggest (to TPAFKA; that is) that your easiest solution to being sure your posts get posted is to put up your own site, spend the time; effort and money, and then it's yur ba; yur rules.  B)

May I suggest you mind yer ain business!! :P

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Indeed, therefore he didn't need to let them go before he signed them!

LPM is talking about players let go to make way for the new arrivals.

Samson & Coulson should be on the outs list.

So, close to half. LPM is correct IMO.

Since OK came to the club 

in: 13 

Out: 16 

81% 

in january 

in: 8 

Out: 12

66% 

Not close to half anyway you spin it.

25 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What was he wrong about?

Do you mean in addition to the being wrong about half in half out? Looking for a list? Oh he also initially said 'there will be less than half coming in than going out' by the way. 

• he said there's no way we will be a turnover of 15 or more players in and out 
  • exact words on another post '10 leaving is pure fantasy' 
  • Maximum of three players in that will go into first team, 
  • 'Anton is off'
  • 'recruiting much less than we are losing'
  • Cooke is officially leaving the club

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, I am sure there are  more on this subject alone. Across the whole forum, he has been wrong more times than some of our regular members have posted. 

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Saying we'd only recruit up to 3-4 players.

Now please GTF and leave the rest of us in peace to discuss the actual topic.

Div also said that we'd only recruit 3 to 4 players at the same time as LPM. They both said that to recruit more players then more would need to leave.

Why the need to be abusive?

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Div also said that we'd only recruit 3 to 4 players at the same time as LPM. They both said that to recruit more players then more would need to leave.

Why the need to be abusive?

So because someone else said it... it means he's not wrong? :huh:

You asked a simple question, got a simple answer.