Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
div

January Arrivals

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Surprising how many turned out to be duds, or just withered away? Only McGinn doing anthing for us, of the othets Stelios, Todd & Davis doing ok where they are..

When a club bring in that number of players they know some of them won’t impress, that’s common sense. No way did anyone think all 10 would make an impact. It was the signing strategy for that window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Jack had one target in Jan 2017 and that was to keep us in the League. He signed the players that done that. Let's hope OK can replicate that feat.

Jack kept us in the Championship,  OKs task is to get more points than Dundee and 3 more than Accies in 17 games , with a 2 games against both of them....... its pretty simply really  :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a message through from Gus.... must be looking for the next Kenny Miller, Jermain Defoe or Andy Millen..?

Are you aged between 35 and 65 and would like to get back on the fitness trail? Now is your chance with the FREE life improving course Football Fans in Training! #BeFFIT
https://www.stmirren.com/news/community/community-news/2477-commit-to-get-ffit-in-2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If at least some of the players are, as looks likely, coming from outside the UK it makes sense to try and get them in as early as we can but as with every January transfer window it's not quite as easy as it looks to get players in.

A team might agree to loan a player out or a let a player leave for example but only if or when they have signed someone they are after first, so we end up in a chain waiting for things to happen that are outwith our control.

Similarly agents are all looking for the best deals for their players so they wait and see if they can get better offers elsewhere.

It's all part of the game and every club is playing it.

We might have to wait for certain players right up to the end of the month and that will mean going into the Cup game on 19th and the Celtic and Hibs league games at the end of the month with a squad that is still work in progress.

Rebuilding a squad in January is far from easy. We've still over 3 weeks to go. We all need to be patient, and that includes me too :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just had a message through from Gus.... must be looking for the next Kenny Miller, Jermain Defoe or Andy Millen..?

Are you aged between 35 and 65 and would like to get back on the fitness trail? Now is your chance with the FREE life improving course Football Fans in Training! #BeFFIT
https://www.stmirren.com/news/community/community-news/2477-commit-to-get-ffit-in-2019

* Feel better about yourself
* Become more active
* Lose weight & tone up
* Develop a healthier lifestyle
* Get fit & have more energy
* Improve your physical, mental & emotional wellbeing.

Don't you fit the bill. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, div said:

If at least some of the players are, as looks likely, coming from outside the UK it makes sense to try and get them in as early as we can but as with every January transfer window it's not quite as easy as it looks to get players in.

A team might agree to loan a player out or a let a player leave for example but only if or when they have signed someone they are after first, so we end up in a chain waiting for things to happen that are outwith our control.

Similarly agents are all looking for the best deals for their players so they wait and see if they can get better offers elsewhere.

It's all part of the game and every club is playing it.

We might have to wait for certain players right up to the end of the month and that will mean going into the Cup game on 19th and the Celtic and Hibs league games at the end of the month with a squad that is still work in progress.

Rebuilding a squad in January is far from easy. We've still over 3 weeks to go. We all need to be patient, and that includes me too :P

A great post with lots of insight and sense

 

However

 

No !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pod said:

* Feel better about yourself
* Become more active
* Lose weight & tone up
* Develop a healthier lifestyle
* Get fit & have more energy
* Improve your physical, mental & emotional wellbeing.

Don't you fit the bill. :wink:

Nope... I'm fitter than a racing snake. Big Anton might be interested though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, div said:

Don't think there's a manager in history who hasn't made a bad signing at some point. Even the great Sir Alex made more than a few blunders in his time.

He paid over £3m for Djemba Djemba :lol:

Lot of aspects go into a player over and above just pure ability. We've had players who were absolutely terrible with us who have left and done well elsewhere and we've also signed players who were fantastic at previous clubs who turned out to be duds for us.

Players can also struggle to settle which in turn affects their form.

It's not an exact science, although we appear to be using a more statistical approach now in our recruitment than we have done previously to hopefully try and reduce the chance of failure.

 

I always remember that Gus was uncertain about signing Andy Dorman , until Millen said , "He'll do" and how right Andy was. .even though Dorman looked shaky to begin with. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mihai Popescu confirming to Romanian press that he's joining us.

 

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-plecare-de-ultim-moment-de-la-dinamo-un-titular-semneaza-cu-o-echipa-din-scotia-prima-reactie-a-fotbalistului-556979.html

 

We are also covering his 4,000 Euro (hopefully a month) salary and have the option to purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mihai Popescu confirming to Romanian press that he's joining us.

 

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-plecare-de-ultim-moment-de-la-dinamo-un-titular-semneaza-cu-o-echipa-din-scotia-prima-reactie-a-fotbalistului-556979.html

 

We are also covering his 4,000 Euro (hopefully a month) salary and have the option to purchase.

Someone has already amended his Wiki :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mihai Popescu confirming to Romanian press that he's joining us.

 

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-plecare-de-ultim-moment-de-la-dinamo-un-titular-semneaza-cu-o-echipa-din-scotia-prima-reactie-a-fotbalistului-556979.html

 

We are also covering his 4,000 Euro (hopefully a month) salary and have the option to purchase.

At a time when Mircea Rad is working hard to consolidate his team, Dinamo's officials again choose to give up a player in the first "11 ". Defender Mihai Popescu, 25 years old, will be loaned to Scotland, to the St. Mirren Premier League, 11th of 12 teams after 21 stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mihai Popescu confirming to Romanian press that he's joining us.

 

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-plecare-de-ultim-moment-de-la-dinamo-un-titular-semneaza-cu-o-echipa-din-scotia-prima-reactie-a-fotbalistului-556979.html

 

We are also covering his 4,000 Euro (hopefully a month) salary and have the option to purchase.

I'm glad your grasp of Romanian is far better than mine. .dj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ucătorul will leave Dinamo from this winter and will evolve to St. Mirren by summer. Scots will have in June an option for the final purchase of the footballer. 
The Scottish group made a commitment to pay fundașului the salary of 4,000 euros by the summer. The two sides were understood at the verbal level, and the heads  "Dogs" now await the final response of the counterparts from St. Mirren.
 "It was a surprise for me this loan! It's going to be my first overseas adventure, and I hope to play it best. I'm sorry to leave Dinamo in the current situation, but I hope the team will climb much higher in the rankings.
I hope this loan will help me in terms of experience and get back to Dinamo and win trophies in the white-red T-shirt, "said Mihai Popescu for TV Telekom Sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most Romanian journalists seem to be a bit shocked that it's happening to be fair given that he's a first team player and not performing too badly.

 

Quote

Mircea Rednic's desperation to bring his own players to Dinamo gives birth to incredible situations. Mihai Popescu, one of the defenders of last season, was loaned to St. Mirren, at the penultimate placement in Scotland, the only advantage of the club being that the Bucharest will not pay him the salary of 4,000 euros per month!

According to gsp.ro, this is the "business" ended by Dinamovişti: the Scotans are committed to paying the defender the salary of 4,000 euros until the summer. And nothing more, that if the secret of a loan was not so well kept, so Dinamo would have been chosen with some money. They could possibly only come to the summer if the Scots would activate the definitive purchase option clause, which no one can be sure of. Besides, the Romanian defender said he hopes to return to Dinamo in the summer. "It was a surprise for me too! It will be my first adventure abroad and I hope to play as well. I'm sorry to leave Dinamo in the current situation, but I hope the team will go higher in the rankings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...