Sign in to follow this  
div

January Arrivals

43 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Do we think it would be good to take Lewis Morgan back on loan?  There’s a few articles in the press but I’m not so sure about it.  I think last season we might have been over-dependent on him and it might be better for Oran to build a more balanced team. 

Think January isn't the time to worry about over reliance on a player. This window is relatively slim pickings as we can see by the underwhelming quality of signings by our rivals so far.

Morgan would be a massive foot up on Hamilton and Dundee and we need to get the very best in place that we can to ensure staying up. 

51 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Do we think it would be good to take Lewis Morgan back on loan?  There’s a few articles in the press but I’m not so sure about it.  I think last season we might have been over-dependent on him and it might be better for Oran to build a more balanced team. 

I’d take him back. This season is now about survival and we need any asset possible to help us achieve this. Worry about proper squad building in the summer. Right now the priority is getting a squad together who can outdo Hamilton and Dundee.

44 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Which you've inferred from his posts, and are trying to alter.

You're really not the sharpest, are you?

I don't know if you are aware that emotion and words are two different things but I'll leave you to it.

57 minutes ago, Hambud said:
1 hour ago, Paisleyporridge said:
I’m only a ball boy. Who would shout at a ball boy?!

Depends....how good a ball boy are you?

Pretty good. But am open to instruction to delay return of ball in event of winning position v Hamilton or Dundee ....

33 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Pretty good. But am open to instruction to delay return of ball in event of winning position v Hamilton or Dundee ....

Sit on it. :wink:

58 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Dundee is the only team in the UK that doesn't contain any letters of the word Football....

Steve Wright was telling me that just the other day.

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

I'm guessing no news is bad news as far as the Slovaks are concerned then?

That’s my take on it too, but others saying apparently not. If there’s still no positive news by cob tomorrow I’d say the deals dead, but until then I’ll remain cautiously optimistic....

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

That’s my take on it too, but others saying apparently not. If there’s still no positive news by cob tomorrow I’d say the deals dead, but until then I’ll remain cautiously optimistic....

Not seeing anyone saying any different now. There was maybe a bit too much excitement based on some youtube highlights.

2 minutes ago, pod said:

So no news is good news.  For whatever reason.  :rolleyes:

It's good news if Kearney punted them.

It's bad news if the trials being leaked has allowed a rival to sign them.

I look forward to hearing both stories confirmed at the same time by those in the know.

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Div saying on Twitter Slovac's have not been at the training ground all week. We must be looking else where. 

No..! That can't be the case as a whole barrel load of ITK experts were on here a couple of days ago insisting this was wrong.

2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Not feeling at all optimistic this morning. In fact, having read some of the recent comments this looks like it's totally dead. Move along, nothing to see here

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Div saying on Twitter Slovac's have not been at the training ground all week. We must be looking else where. 

They have been hiding them from Div. So as not to give to much away. :whistle

1 hour ago, pod said:

They have been hiding them from Div. So as not to give to much away. :whistle

All very possible, but I don't think so somehow!

If, as has been suggested in the papers, that Ibrahim Meite is now on trial from Cardiff then I'd think we can assume that interest in Malec is over.

Who knows what's happened there. Could have been fitness, might have been finances, might have got a better offer elsewhere, might not have impressed in training.

None of us know, we're only guessing.

I can't really get too agitated about not signing a player I've never seen play other than on YouTube.