Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
div

January Arrivals

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

He was found guilty by social media trial on this forum a few months back.

The Sheriff Court made a statement at the time that the argument made on here by one of the posters "No smoke without fire" was, and I am quoting directly, "pure f**king amazin like" and fined him immediately.

That was my recollection of events.

Nah, not quite. The 'smoke without fire' remark was a clarification on a previous post because someone had misunderstood it. The original post was making a general point in discussion, and was not about Jai directly. 

I know your comprehension (and, clearly, your memory) isn't the greatest though so I can see why you're confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Magic Monkey said:

Nah, not quite. The 'smoke without fire' remark was a clarification on a previous post because someone had misunderstood it. The original post was making a general point in discussion, and was not about Jai directly. 

I know your comprehension (and, clearly, your memory) isn't the greatest though so I can see why you're confused.

Aye wriggle away all you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jonjo said:
22 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
:offtopic  Think this is meant in the St. Mirren  v Alloa Thread  

So we are hoping that a player who has struggled for playing time at u23 level and a part time player from Ireland are going to be our creative players god help us

I think the lesson today is that you need to exercise a bit more patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I genuinely believe there are a small handful of St. Mirren fans who are so intent on trying to prove other posters wrong and themselves correct, that they take some sort of strange satisfaction in seeing certain managers (and indeed players) fail.

Perhaps not happiness as such but a strange form of gloating nonetheless.

That type of guy has always been about though. Before the internet and cctv , they would get a punch in the mouth or a kick in the haw maws and that was the end of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billyg said:

That type of guy has always been about though. Before the internet and cctv , they would get a punch in the mouth or a kick in the haw maws and that was the end of it.

And no doubt you want us all to know that you were the very man to deliver it.

Yeah we get it Billy. You are all man. A man's man. Man about town. Manly Man. Tough man. Hard man.

Probably a bit repressed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

 

Well definitely not from me, hope that wasn’t what FTOF was getting at because it’s certainly not the case and i’m horrified that anybody would genuinely want us to lose just to be proved correct.

It wasn't you I was getting at.

Although you occasionally post erroneously :P, you don't seem to fall into the totally unhinged category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Surprised BoomBoomYards hasn't been on to regale all of us with tales that Jai Quitongo is a free agent again.

 

Is this post aimed at me?  If so I think you have the wrong poster in mind. :D

Don't remember ever making a post about Quitongo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

And no doubt you want us all to know that you were the very man to deliver it.

Yeah we get it Billy. You are all man. A man's man. Man about town. Manly Man. Tough man. Hard man.

Probably a bit repressed too.

Not at all Oakstur. Although I might make an exception if you make yourself known ! :) Fanny !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And no doubt you want us all to know that you were the very man to deliver it.
Yeah we get it Billy. You are all man. A man's man. Man about town. Manly Man. Tough man. Hard man.
Probably a bit repressed too.
You hard oaky haha bellend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great entertainment from the bickering on this thread for once :lol:

Lets get back on topic though. Tony F confirmed yesterday we are still in the hunt for Lewis Morgan and that we should know by Monday where he has decided to go.

Yesterday showed the dire need for some new faces we still have, particularly at left back, out wide, and up-front. Anyone heard of much more in the pipeline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Great entertainment from the bickering on this thread for once :lol:

Lets get back on topic though. Tony F confirmed yesterday we are still in the hunt for Lewis Morgan and that we should know by Monday where he has decided to go.

Yesterday showed the dire need for some new faces we still have, particularly at left back, out wide, and up-front. Anyone heard of much more in the pipeline?

Agree on the positions we need filled but was more concerned with our failure to track runners from midfield. Tactical error from JG saw them sit back in the second half. In 3 games I have watched Alloa play this is the first in which they didn't push up or score in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree on the positions we need filled but was more concerned with our failure to track runners from midfield. Tactical error from JG saw them sit back in the second half. In 3 games I have watched Alloa play this is the first in which they didn't push up or score in the second half.

1

Yep, 100%. Tansey and McGinn provided no protection for the defence and the full backs were constantly over run as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the fanciful notion in my head that might be good for saints and for the player if we could get him back on loan, I started reading forums and watching footage on the Derby website looking for some info on Kyle.  To say he performed impressively in both domestic and continental U23 games would be an accurate assessment.  He also played a good number of games and it seems the fans were getting a good feeling about him.  

You would think that some of the negative commentators on this thread would have done similar research and agreed to at least reserve judgement before slating the decision to bring Kyle in.  After all, he did well for us and was snapped up as a prospect at a young age so we do have a baseline for him.

 

But then, some people are just very judgemental and like a moan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yep, 100%. Tansey and McGinn provided no protection for the defence and the full backs were constantly over run as well.

You can see after their second goal by Tansey's reaction, that he knows he should have prevented Cawley from getting a shot in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So 2-3 expected this week, hopefully a left back, winger and a forward. For all that Ethan has performed well, I think we need a more experienced head in there.

Interesting that one prominent poster claimed we’d only sign 3 or 4 players and that Cooke was away. A pretty poor WUM...:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

 


You know, it has been scientifically proven that a person cannot punch themselves on the face hard enough to inflict significant pain .
Go on , try it if you don’t believe me .

 

F**k, that was sore.  Image result for black eyed smiley

Edited by pod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...