January Arrivals

div

13 hours ago, Kemp said:

Lets get back on topic though. Tony F confirmed yesterday we are still in the hunt for Lewis Morgan and that we should know by Monday where he has decided to go.

That’s the problem, as much as I like the guy it’s come from the mouth of Tony F. So probably no chance.

I would absolutely love for Morgan to sign tomorrow and me to look like a complete bellend after this post. Make it happen Tony!

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The science to back that up can be found by reading Grundig et al., J. Psych. Pse. Sci. Bull., 1934, 223-232.

There is also a very good book about the psychology of those that like to show off on forums.

It's by Oaksoft et al., Psychology of a Bawbag, 2019, 154 - 857.

21 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That’s the problem, as much as I like the guy it’s come from the mouth of Tony F. So probably no chance.

I would absolutely love for Morgan to sign tomorrow and me to look like a complete bellend after this post. Make it happen Tony!

Tony is a master of the art of misdirection. 

14 minutes ago, Hendo said:

There is also a very good book about the psychology of those that like to show off on forums.

It's by Oaksoft et al., Psychology of a Bawbag, 2019, 154 - 857.

A book which starts at page 154 ?

PS, if only you were the first to think of putting in a bogus journal. I could weep for you.

Edited by oaksoft

Well Saturday just served to show you what it is to be a Saint's supporter! :blink:

Terrible performance in the first half with my favourite player completely out of touch and giving the ball away at every turn (probably not for the first time this season, has he struggled to win the fans' hearts).

The new players were a mixed bag. Lyons looked ok until his two aberrations (especially the 2nd yellow), Tansey looked as though he needed a few more weeks and games to re-gain his confidence, Popescu looked the part for just about the whole game as did Hladky who couldn't really be blamed for either of their goals. 

However the game changer was when OK made two good substitutions. When Cooke came on for Flynn I had my doubts as Flynn was playing reasonably well at that point and I couldn't quite see the logic of that change, but I was wrong. Cooke became the target for high balls and he won more than he lost plus he showed the natural predatory skills of a good striker by being sharp and following in on Jackson's shot that was fumbled by their keeper to score the first goal.

The second change made the real difference with McAllister replacing Tansey who hadn't really made that significant an impact, but McAllister began attacking their defence and running at them with the ability to glide past their players and set up the 2nd and scored a great goal for the third. I saw a bit of Morgan in him, but with probably a greater ability to go past players.

So overall, I gave a 6.5 out of 10 for the collective new signings, but a 8 out of 10 for the substitutions! :D

13 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Well Saturday just served to show you what it is to be a Saint's supporter! :blink:

Terrible performance in the first half with my favourite player completely out of touch and giving the ball away at every turn (probably not for the first time this season, has he struggled to win the fans' hearts).

The new players were a mixed bag. Lyons looked ok until his two aberrations (especially the 2nd yellow), Tansey looked as though he needed a few more weeks and games to re-gain his confidence, Popescu looked the part for just about the whole game as did Hladky who couldn't really be blamed for either of their goals. 

However the game changer was when OK made two good substitutions. When Cooke came on for Flynn I had my doubts as Flynn was playing reasonably well at that point and I couldn't quite see the logic of that change, but I was wrong. Cooke became the target for high balls and he won more than he lost plus he showed the natural predatory skills of a good striker by being sharp and following in on Jackson's shot that was fumbled by their keeper to score the first goal.

The second change made the real difference with McAllister replacing Tansey who hadn't really made that significant an impact, but McAllister began attacking their defence and running at them with the ability to glide past their players and set up the 2nd and scored a great goal for the third. I saw a bit of Morgan in him, but with probably a greater ability to go past players.

So overall, I gave a 6.5 out of 10 for the collective new signings, but a 8 out of 10 for the substitutions! :D

Disagree. He had one good run at the byline but apart from that, was the obvious sacrifice at that point.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Disagree. He had one good run at the byline but apart from that, was the obvious sacrifice at that point.

Compared to a number of other players on the park at that moment, I thought he was playing "reasonably"! Nothing better than "reasonably", but certainly better than a few others!!!

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm with 59er. Flynn had done well and was unlucky to be the one sacrificed. The fact that he was the one who came off though gives an idea as to the manager's general opinion of him.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Tansey couldnt be arsed to put a tackle in for their first goal. Was he knackered after 20 mins?

Oh you have no proper answers after the reply to your previous NONSENSE - 

So Go for another NEGATIVE KICK AT SOMETHING.   :boo:

It is common knowledge that Tansey has not played much for over the last year and more. So how does he get match fit - DOH, He gets 55 minutes against a team in a lower division in the cup - so is that bad management from Oran then? 

OF SPACE WASTE - rearrange  and see what you can come up with ?    :fire

34 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Oh you have no proper answers after the reply to your previous NONSENSE - 

So Go for another NEGATIVE KICK AT SOMETHING.   :boo:

It is common knowledge that Tansey has not played much for over the last year and more. So how does he get match fit - DOH, He gets 55 minutes against a team in a lower division in the cup - so is that bad management from Oran then? 

OF SPACE WASTE - rearrange  and see what you can come up with ?    :fire

Well said! It seems to me we could do with a "Miserable as Sin" Bin now. No prizes for the first few names either. Depressing stuff.

8 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Despite TF saying we were very much in the mix, Looks like Morgy won't be coming back to Saints this month. Hull, Hibs & Aberdeen all in for him. 

Not unexpected to be honest. I said in an earlier post that TF is a master of misdirection. I hope he is also a magician. 

7 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Asked about Morgan’s situation yesterday, Rodgers said: “We’ve spoken about the idea of going on loan but he has a number of possibilities.

“He loved his time at St Mirren but if he moves out then it will be somewhere different.”

No way will he becoming back too progress he needs to be in a team not fighting relegation and near the top of a league. Personal view of course.

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:57 PM, FTOF said:

You can see after their second goal by Tansey's reaction, that he knows he should have prevented Cawley from getting a shot in.

His first game for a while. Closing down runners has been a weakness for this season and last. We got away with it last season. We're not getting away with it this one. I'd expect Tansey to be fitter next time out. All players make mistakes.

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No way will he becoming back too progress he needs to be in a team not fighting relegation and near the top of a league. Personal view of course.

More specifically he needs to be in an attacking team. Celtic will always tend to dominate matches, so ideally they need to witness him in a team who will get plenty of the ball and who tend to be on the attack more often than not. Which is definitely not us.