January Arrivals

div

When are Yous going to wise up it won't matter who we sign we are f**ked we are %100 going down and have been for months. I thought when Oran came in he might do a good job he has signed some good players but can't get them to play as a team and nothing has changed since Stubbs results wise I excepted relegation ages ago just hope it's not through play offs COUNTY OR DUNDEE UNITED Would hammer us as will be provin in the cup shortly. 

The much hailed Money Bollocks recruitment strategy bombed on first contact with reality. We were told that loan players were not the way to go as they have little loyalty, or investment in the club.

fast forward a whole three weeks and Gus is singing that old classice by Heart to Oran... "How Can I Get You A-Loan?'....

after two largely inept performances, and shipping six goals, ask yourself this! If a player we are in for, is part of a chain, and perhaps has options? Will he choose us over a team perhaps performing and sitting in better stead?

any fool can slash a budget ( funny how the budget slashing deniers now accept we are slashing the budget), to then be able to do more, with less is a very difficult task that requires clear, simple but effective strategies. In Oran, i have to be honest, as much as i like him and how he comes across... I haven't seen him deploy one successful strategy, save perhaps for his first game, which he now states was against a team that wont define our season!

he didnt say that in the post match interviews back then!

50 minutes ago, billyg said:

If we're truly serious about making a fist of it , we would be further down the road than where we are. It's now looking like a low risk balancing of the books pre-relegation , rather than a genuine attempt to stay up !

I know I shouldn't be, but I, m okay with this, though I would like a couple of signings who are both experienced and have a bit of pace. 

14 minutes ago, elvis said:

When are Yous going to wise up it won't matter who we sign we are f**ked we are %100 going down and have been for months. I thought when Oran came in he might do a good job he has signed some good players but can't get them to play as a team and nothing has changed since Stubbs results wise I excepted relegation ages ago just hope it's not through play offs COUNTY OR DUNDEE UNITED Would hammer us as will be provin in the cup shortly. 

You said the same last season and the season before, and the season before.....................

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The much hailed Money Bollocks recruitment strategy bombed on first contact with reality. We were told that loan players were not the way to go as they have little loyalty, or investment in the club.

OK was on a hiding to nothing.  How many decent players what to sign for a club sitting at bottom of league. 

6 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I know I shouldn't be, but I, m okay with this, though I would like a couple of signings who are both experienced and have a bit of pace. 

A couple of players who score goals for us and it will be very different. That is what we are waiting for . . . :ninja

Oran has said long term he wants to build a team of contracted players. He said unfortunately you are very limited in the January transfer window as most players go out of contract in the summer. So this window we have to look at loan deals to get the quality needed. We are not dead and down yet it is still in our own hands. 

5 minutes ago, pod said:

OK was on a hiding to nothing.  How many decent players what to sign for a club sitting at bottom of league. 

Begs the question then, why go to all the expense of sacking, then paying off a management team, paying compo for new manager and giving him loads more budget to bring in free agents, as well as hiring a load of extra backroom wallahs?

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran has said long term he wants to build a team of contracted players. He said unfortunately you are very limited in the January transfer window as most players go out of contract in the summer. So this window we have to look at loan deals to get the quality needed. We are not dead and down yet it is still in our own hands. 

This is the point many are missing. We can’t afford transfer fees for every player we want. So January is a matter of picking up released guys, or working out “deals” to help with the player’s pay off from his old club. The easiest way to get players is by loans. Should Kearney he manager in summer, he will have the best opportunity with an abundance of free agents to bring in. He doesn’t have that right now.

Kearney has also stated we have signings lined up, but we are in the hands of other clubs waiting to get someone in first. People need to stop wetting their knickers over this. See where we are when the window shuts, then see where we are after a month. We didn’t get going with JR until the 25th Feb, his new signings needed a bit of time. It’s pointing shitting yourself when the window isn’t even shut yet. Get a f**king grip.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

But its unavoidable when u do loan deals. I am not happy either but it is what it is i am afraid....

Wasting your time. Some people want players in NOW! Anyone will do, as long as they're in early. Doesn't matter if we get better players next week, they want any old shit in NOW!

Plenty on here done care what OK or anyone has said at the club they like to pick bits from things and run with them.

They would make good reporters for the sun

Unfortunately, it looks like another possible target might have been been missed - Paul Smyth off to Charlton Ath.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/paul-smyth-set-for-league-one-loan-deal-after-penning-new-qpr-contract-37743659.html

edit - that's still not confirmed

Edited by Buddie-Boy

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Wasting your time. Some people want players in NOW! Anyone will do, as long as they're in early. Doesn't matter if we get better players next week, they want any old shit in NOW!

Then the best part is we do sign some random guy who turns out to be dreadful, so they can go from “I WANT UH SIGNING!” to “FFS JUST SIGNING ANYONE!”. Apologies if we haven’t signed Messi, C.Ronaldo, De Gea and De Bruyne. Some seem to think it’s really easy to bring in good quality players at no cost.

29 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

We didn’t get going with JR until the 25th Feb, his new signings needed a bit of time.

That was at a playing standard far below where we are now. We finished that season as the form team in the league and stayed up by the skin of our teeth. What chance of finishing the form team in this division ?

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

That was at a playing standard far below where we are now. We finished that season as the form team in the league and stayed up by the skin of our teeth. What chance of finishing the form team in this division ?

Add to that people tend to airbrush over it was JR who took us on a hellish run to the bottom of the championship we clung onto! It seems with Oran, for at least the first part its history repeating itself.

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

There’s truth in that, but IF we can get going we can win any fixture outside of trips to the bigotdomes, which if I’m right then we won’t encounter again this season once the Sevco fixture is done in the near future. We’ve had the odd random result (home to Green Bigots, away to Hibs, beating Hearts at home) and with a better team we could do more of that. The difference between JR’s season and this season is that the JR team were miles adrift - we are still in close proximity with Dundee and Accies. Outperform those two and it’s safety, JR’s squad needed top of the league form due to the massive gap that had opened.

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yep. The gap between the top and the bottom of the Championship is far, far narrower than in the Prem.