Sign in to follow this  
div

January Arrivals

And made his debut in 2014 i.e. 5 years ago so age is irrelevant to my original point.

Is very relevant since you want to count a players first team appearance from the age of 16.

Pretty sure he’s had a bad time with injuries aswell.

Anyway hope he does shit for them but I’ve been impressed whenever I have seen him play.

I think we've done pretty well this window, cover in nearly every position, just need to do a lot of work gelling the team now.

There is a narrative going round that Dundee have done best in the window, which i had bought into. However their current squad has only one left back, two fit centre halves and only three central midfielders, one of whom is Martin Woods. 

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think we've done pretty well this window, cover in nearly every position, just need to do a lot of work gelling the team now.

There is a narrative going round that Dundee have done best in the window, which i had bought into. However their current squad has only one left back, two fit centre halves and only three central midfielders, one of whom is Martin Woods. 

They've also lost Kamara right at the death to Rangers.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Before Saturday. :rolleyes:

Our management team deserve a huge round of applause for their activity in this transfer window.  I know the proof will be in the pudding but our guys have done a helluva lot of business and whatever happens they’ve really thrown the dice.  Our rivals must be feeling some trepidation ...

Well done team!! 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

They've also lost Kamara right at the death to Rangers.

I think they have done a Falkirk  - I do hope so. 

I also think Hamilton have done some strange stuff - 4 forwards and that is it I think . . .despite having the worst goals against . . .  

Happy Days  .  :D

Calm down, we don’t know if the guy is any good yet. When he bags 8 goals and keeps us up i’ll happily place a bulk order of the humblest pie.
Nothing to do with the quality of the guy. More to do with the roaring and greeting about our apparently shite signing policy and the fact that we weren't going to sign anyone on deadline day. Also, I'm very calm given the good laugh I had at the state the likes of yourself got into yesterday.

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nothing to do with the quality of the guy. More to do with the roaring and greeting about our apparently shite signing policy and the fact that we weren't going to sign anyone on deadline day. Also, I'm very calm given the good laugh I had at the state the likes of yourself got into yesterday. emoji16.png

I'll happily admit I'm usually quite positive and not at all a panic merchant but went off on one. :lol:

The mere mention of the free transfer market on deadline day when clubs around us were getting shit done had my knickers sodden. And you really don't want sodden knickers when your piss is boiling. 

Ironically I'd be OK with them now using it if they had to pad things out with another player but that's now to supplement what is a pretty rounded out squad on paper. 

There's a massive difference between using the market and relying on it. We would have been relying on it which was what worried and irked me. 

Edited by djchapsticks

41 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Of course, he’s foreign and you’ve never heard of him!

He must be rubbish then! :lol:

You must be furious! :1eye

Don't think you can ask for much more than a guy who had a very decent season at League 2 and then League 1 level football last season, getting 12 goals and 8 assists in 24 starts (and 15 sub appearances) and got a move out of it. 

It's not worked out at his new side but to be fair they are flying high in the top 6 of the Belgian league and he can't break into a side who is overperforming against their expectations . 

I'm happy with this signing. Happier than I would have been with Mcmillan who has a good scoring record in Ireland and decent in Perth but a poor injury history since being over here. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Nothing to do with the quality of the guy. More to do with the roaring and greeting about our apparently shite signing policy and the fact that we weren't going to sign anyone on deadline day. Also, I'm very calm given the good laugh I had at the state the likes of yourself got into yesterday. emoji16.png

Yeah, the absolute state some grown men got themselves in to yesterday :lol:

It's probably worth sparing a moment for Tony, Gus and Oran.

That must have been a pretty stressful end to the window for them especially.

Gordon too I imagine.

Just hope to hell Oran can get this group of players on the same page overnight.

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yeh, must be tough getting paid loads of money to do a job they love. My heart bleeds.

In order to understand, you would need to have had a stressful job which came with responsibilities at some point in your life. 

Obviously you have not reached that level yet.

26 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Online saints fans are brilliant.

9.30pm fuxake McPherson get to f**k!!

10pm we're going to win the league!!

A guy on P&B wrote a huge post about our scouting network and it’s failings.

30 mins later we sign two players.

To be fair, he did apologise :happyclapper