January Arrivals

div

17 hours ago, Robbie said:

Agree with W6saint, he is being realistic.

However, we’ve  got to hope (and maybe cross fingers) that the 10 guys we’ve brought in can make a difference.  But it’s going to take time for them to gel, for a few of them to get match fit, and for all of them to get used to what we call football in Scotland.   It’s not going to happen overnight..  

I’ve long thought that the current BoD were out of their depth, that their recruitment of people like Tony F and Gus M was misguided... and with Alan Stubbs sheer lunacy..  but they’ve backed the manager this window, and they deserve absolute credit for that.   So all we can do now is keep supporting them on the park, keep trying to be an “extra man” and keep our fingers crossed that we can turn around what has been an absolutely horrible season so far.  

So good luck to everyone that has come in this window, and everyone who managed to survive the cull..  fresh start..  and a wee bit of good luck might make all the difference over the next few months..  

Just a fairly trivial point but Tony was appointed by the previous board not the current one.

21 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Oran Kearney confirms in his interview on the official site that “ it was something like 16 or 17 out in total”.

Having signed 8 players before last night, that means that LPM was correct in the ratio of in/out being 50% at that point in time.

I look forward to Brazil claiming that Oran is just spinning and a troll! emoji1.png

LPM did not put a time limit at the point you claim it was half - it was the transfers in and out he was claiming 2 or 3 in which moved to 4 or 5 and that would be 50% of who went out.   He was miles out on all 3 counts. 1) No. in  2) No. out and 3) percentage 10/15 =  67 % and are we finished ? (cause we signed 4 more in the last post transfer window...)

16 left - 1 was not even in the 1st team squad - so 15

10 in   not 50% in anyone's ARITHMETIC   - you are a twat - just like him . . . . :fire   :guinness

I've has a few drinks but I have toned it down . . . 

Guest TPAFKATS
Popescu is the only one of the new arrivals who would get a game for any other team in the league. Good job shipping out the deadwood, shame the signings don’t look a whole lot better.
Hladky?

11 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Popescu is the only one of the new arrivals who would get a game for any other team in the league. Good job shipping out the deadwood, shame the signings don’t look a whole lot better.

Hladky has been very good as well. Glimpses from a number of the other signings, who will hopefully improve with games.

Hladky has been very good as well. Glimpses from a number of the other signings, who will hopefully improve with games.

Think it really shows the state we are in when in the 5 games Hladky has played we have shipped 15 goals.

Yet he’s been quite good!

[emoji28]

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Think it really shows the state we are in when in the 5 games Hladky has played we have shipped 15 goals.

Yet he’s been quite good!

emoji28.png

If it wasn't for him we would have lost more. You do understand that defenders are part of the team including protecting the goalkeeper?  Our defence has contributed to most if not all the 15 goals.  

4 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

If it wasn't for him we would have lost more. You do understand that defenders are part of the team including protecting the goalkeeper?  Our defence has contributed to most if not all the 15 goals.  

That's not the biggest problem.  The midfield have a big soft hole right across the park and don't protect the defence and don't track runners.  Tansey has been a huge disappointment. Doesn't look fit and has no confidence whatsoever as instanced by him standing in the centre circle in the last minute not knowing what to do with the ball, just rooted to the spot.

Hopefully the new right back can play a bit as we need a change in there. Paul McGinn seems to get an easy ride, but was badly at fault for the second goal and was ripped to shreds last night.

Seems to have an obsession with getting ridiculously close to his opponent and continually gets beat.

Just now, rabuddies said:

That's not the biggest problem.  The midfield have a big soft hole right across the park and don't protect the defence and don't track runners.  Tansey has been a huge disappointment. Doesn't look fit and has no confidence whatsoever as instanced by him standing in the centre circle in the last minute not knowing what to do with the ball, just rooted to the spot.

Agree mate. My post was in defence of our keeper who is being mentioned by you know who for losing 15 goals.   I am not convinced OK has got tactics right and have to question the role Gus and Jimmy are playing here? Our midfield has been a huge problem since start of the season and has not been addressed. Injuries haven't helped of course.  There is clearly a huge confidence issue but it appears some players are not sure what their role is?  Perhaps some of that is down to so many new faces still settling in? 

Yes that’s the point I was making....

Imagine how many we would have conceded if he was playing poorly.

It’s terrifying that we can have a keeper playing well and still be shipping an average of 3 goals a game.

LPM did not put a time limit at the point you claim it was half - it was the transfers in and out he was claiming 2 or 3 in which moved to 4 or 5 and that would be 50% of who went out.   He was miles out on all 3 counts. 1) No. in  2) No. out and 3) percentage 10/15 =  67 % and are we finished ? (cause we signed 4 more in the last post transfer window...)
16 left - 1 was not even in the 1st team squad - so 15
10 in   not 50% in anyone's ARITHMETIC   - you are a twat - just like him . . . . :fire   :guinness
I've has a few drinks but I have toned it down . . . 

What does this drivel even mean?

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What does this drivel even mean?

:lol:

I won't be wasting anytime explaining anything to an imbecile. You are not very bright are you?

So Shull what lies behind all these aliases - you hound people with your rubbish and then when you go to the Sin Bin you begin to ramp up the same attacks under another name?

What happened during your childhood ? You should try to resolve this - it is eating up your life . . .  :ninja    :bounce2    :guinness

20 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I won't be wasting anytime explaining anything to an imbecile. You are not very bright are you?

So Shull what lies behind all these aliases - you hound people with your rubbish and then when you go to the Sin Bin you begin to ramp up the same attacks under another name?

What happened during your childhood ? You should try to resolve this - it is eating up your life . . .  :ninja    :bounce2    :guinness

Nurse!! :lol:

Edited by Wendy Saintss