Sign in to follow this  
div

January Arrivals

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Ibrox = Big Ugly Building and so is Grayskull 

BBC Weather girl (Kirsty McCabe) warned Rangers fans on way to Ibrox in 2006 of an impending storm at Castle GraySkull. 

Grayskull is Ibrox. Confirmed by BBC so its a fact 

Oops made a mess of that edit. What fecking button did I press there

Edited by East Lothian Saint
big thumbs

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Can I just say that the footage of DN reminds me more than a little of Barry lavety's style, which is all good by me

Brick wall, charge through, score goal, finish match, wave to crowd, eat pies.  :P

2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Correct. 

Some are mistaking negativity for realism. Some are making out these signings can’t possibly go wrong because the recruitment team have watched them. 

Lording the signing of any old striker over the people questioning our dealings this window like some kind of victory is laughable and makes them seem more like loons than those who are concerned about our strategy.

I hope it turns out to be a stroke of genius, but i’ll reserve my praise until May without being called a knickerwetter thanks.

dae you never get fed up ya greetin faced bassa B)

Agree with W6saint, he is being realistic.

However, we’ve  got to hope (and maybe cross fingers) that the 10 guys we’ve brought in can make a difference.  But it’s going to take time for them to gel, for a few of them to get match fit, and for all of them to get used to what we call football in Scotland.   It’s not going to happen overnight..  

I’ve long thought that the current BoD were out of their depth, that their recruitment of people like Tony F and Gus M was misguided... and with Alan Stubbs sheer lunacy..  but they’ve backed the manager this window, and they deserve absolute credit for that.   So all we can do now is keep supporting them on the park, keep trying to be an “extra man” and keep our fingers crossed that we can turn around what has been an absolutely horrible season so far.  

So good luck to everyone that has come in this window, and everyone who managed to survive the cull..  fresh start..  and a wee bit of good luck might make all the difference over the next few months..  

Oran Kearney confirms in his interview on the official site that “ it was something like 16 or 17 out in total”.

Having signed 8 players before last night, that means that LPM was correct in the ratio of in/out being 50% at that point in time.

I look forward to Brazil claiming that Oran is just spinning and a troll!

A different route this time round as opposed to previous transfer windows.

We have the pieces of the new jigsaw, let’s hope it looks good when it’s put together.

A few weeks down the line we will start to get a picture of what’s to come this season.

I’m looking forward to it.

Naturally, they can click into place tomorrow and take an unexpected 3 points if they wish

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Oran Kearney confirms in his interview on the official site that “ it was something like 16 or 17 out in total”.

Having signed 8 players before last night, that means that LPM was correct in the ratio of in/out being 50% at that point in time.

I look forward to Brazil claiming that Oran is just spinning and a troll! emoji1.png

:lol:

So desperate it’s unbelievable! 

What a loser. 

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We get our money in 3 installments for John McGinn's transfer

The usual presumptions by many fans.  I do not think the BOD have frittered lots away. Considering the Stubbs debacle, I think they have turned things around very well indeed.

I suspect they have managed things much better than we think - time will tell though.  :spud5

Compensation for JR and James

Compensation for Brian Rice, Ross Stewart and Smith

Extra money from cup run

Less people on the wage bill now - may not have lowered the wage bill, but may also not have increased it either. Even the 2 out on loan are partly getting paid elsewhere

2 more tranches of the McGinn money to come. (I don't know if this is true, but some more to come I believe)  

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

dae you never get fed up ya greetin faced bassa B)

That’s a bit uncalled for, i’m a greetin faced bassa but i’m certainly in good company on here for the crown of the most greetinist faced bassa:rolleyes:

Edited by W6Saint

17 hours ago, Robbie said:

Agree with W6saint, he is being realistic.

However, we’ve  got to hope (and maybe cross fingers) that the 10 guys we’ve brought in can make a difference.  But it’s going to take time for them to gel, for a few of them to get match fit, and for all of them to get used to what we call football in Scotland.   It’s not going to happen overnight..  

I’ve long thought that the current BoD were out of their depth, that their recruitment of people like Tony F and Gus M was misguided... and with Alan Stubbs sheer lunacy..  but they’ve backed the manager this window, and they deserve absolute credit for that.   So all we can do now is keep supporting them on the park, keep trying to be an “extra man” and keep our fingers crossed that we can turn around what has been an absolutely horrible season so far.  

So good luck to everyone that has come in this window, and everyone who managed to survive the cull..  fresh start..  and a wee bit of good luck might make all the difference over the next few months..  

Just a fairly trivial point but Tony was appointed by the previous board not the current one.

21 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I look forward to Brazil claiming that Oran is just spinning and a troll! emoji1.png

LPM did not put a time limit at the point you claim it was half - it was the transfers in and out he was claiming 2 or 3 in which moved to 4 or 5 and that would be 50% of who went out.   He was miles out on all 3 counts. 1) No. in  2) No. out and 3) percentage 10/15 =  67 % and are we finished ? (cause we signed 4 more in the last post transfer window...)

16 left - 1 was not even in the 1st team squad - so 15

10 in   not 50% in anyone's ARITHMETIC   - you are a twat - just like him . . . . :fire   :guinness

I've has a few drinks but I have toned it down . . . 

Popescu is the only one of the new arrivals who would get a game for any other team in the league. Good job shipping out the deadwood, shame the signings don’t look a whole lot better.
Hladky?

11 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Popescu is the only one of the new arrivals who would get a game for any other team in the league. Good job shipping out the deadwood, shame the signings don’t look a whole lot better.

Hladky has been very good as well. Glimpses from a number of the other signings, who will hopefully improve with games.

Hladky has been very good as well. Glimpses from a number of the other signings, who will hopefully improve with games.

Think it really shows the state we are in when in the 5 games Hladky has played we have shipped 15 goals.

Yet he’s been quite good!