Saints Fans Sunderland Trip

HSS

10 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

HT in the EFL Checkatrade Trophy (the English equivalent of our Challenge Cup)...

Sunderland 0 Newcastle U21 0.

Newcastle have sold out their 2800 allocation for tonights game.

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Poetic Licence Bar at Roker hotel not a bad shout, plenty of room, bus can park outside then take you to ground. And its on the seafront. Seen a few bus loads of visiting fans there. Give them a bell.

Just looked that up, seems ideal

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Just looked that up, seems ideal

Great pub, nice people, been in a few times when two or three away coaches rolled up and never any issue. About a 15 minute walk to the ground, or hop on your bus if you've got a parking space sorted at the stadium.

you might have it sorted, but just fyi there are a number of home support coaches that park in the stadium car park from surrounding old mining villages and towns. They always let them away first! Might be worth talking to the Sunderland slo to see if he can get you in.

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Great pub, nice people, been in a few times when two or three away coaches rolled up and never any issue. About a 15 minute walk to the ground, or hop on your bus if you've got a parking space sorted at the stadium.

you might have it sorted, but just fyi there are a number of home support coaches that park in the stadium car park from surrounding old mining villages and towns. They always let them away first! Might be worth talking to the Sunderland slo to see if he can get you in.

I'll pass this on, cheers

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

I'll pass this on, cheers

If you fancy busier pubs in the town, then get a parking space sorted at the stadium.

if you want cheap beer in very basic settings (think church hall with sky tv) then the Navy club is on the Stadium doorstep. As are The Collery & The Wheatsheaf. Both these pubs will be stowed on a matchday.

the Hilton hotel on the stadium, allows punters into its bar on matchdays, and does some pies etc, but it aint pub prices. Does have sky though, and 20 yards to the turnstiles. 

Let me know if you need any detail on stuff.

Interesting trip. I'm sure Fraser B has a Sunderland connection. What are the thoughts of those going down Saturday?
A)Hoping Sunderland win.
B)Hoping Luton win.
C)Not bothered, just going for a day out and because of the Jack Ross connection.

D) Bumping into Stu Dick and ruining the whole trip.

17 hours ago, john scott said:

Interesting trip. I'm sure Fraser B has a Sunderland connection. What are the thoughts of those going down Saturday?

A)Hoping Sunderland win.

B)Hoping Luton win.

C)Not bothered, just going for a day out and because of the Jack Ross connection.

I'd say C, hoping for a 4-4 draw, not got any real like/dislike for either team

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

I'd say C, hoping for a 4-4 draw, not got any real like/dislike for either team

Dont leave it last minute to get in the stadium like our place. The queues are feckin huge as up to 40,000 all try sup up, and head over from town at 2.30. Although not pub price, you can get a few beers in the ground :cheers enjoy.