Saints Fans Sunderland Trip

HSS

What do the CWSC team at Sunderland know, that the rest of us dont? They were leading a sing song by the bar at half time, singing all the classics, with wee changes to suit like "Jack Ross's Red & White Army"... then they sang "" We're On Our Way" but changed the "To" destination to what I assumed they thought the Sunderland fans would appreciate.

"We're on our way..

we're on our way

to the CHAMPIONSHIP..... we're on our way!

maybe the change was to accomodate both our teams chances this season???

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Why so much hatred between Sunderland and Newcastle ? 

Friendly rivalry is fair enough, but why hatred ? 

And where do Middlesborough fit in to all this animosity ? 

Hard to explain shull.  It's certainly OTT but it's  just there. I think Boro fans see it more of a derby v Newcastle/Sunderland  than fans of either club. That 30/40..ish mile gap means it's  a bit more watered down.

Edited by john scott

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, renfrew bud said:

So much for Jack saying in Clyde SSB interview on YouTube that Lewis WOULDN’T be coming in January window. 

0E1C4021-1B6D-4BBA-9BC8-23D01C75F681.jpeg

Because he wasnt on camera in that interview i think he was probably mouthing "oh aye he is"

as i understand it Brenda has always wanted him to go to Sunderland (or a club fighting for a title/promotion). Aberdeen lucked out because, yes Morgan going there could have helped derail sevco, but obviously it would bring a.n. Other into the title fight. 

Sunderland baulked at what celtic wanted to make it happen. Apparently celtic have amended their demands appropriately.

Morgan will only get, and keep a starting position if he hits the ground running. He is the key to unlock their series of draws, but they have other quality guys there. Remember when he had dips in form with us? He needs four months of really good form, which i tink he is mature enough to maintain now. Expect him to start from the bench on Saturday, or maybe play first hour.

7 hours ago, renfrew bud said:

So much for Jack saying in Clyde SSB interview on YouTube that Lewis WOULDN’T be coming in January window. 

0E1C4021-1B6D-4BBA-9BC8-23D01C75F681.jpeg

Don't tell me that you believed him.

I was a fan of Jack Ross as Manager.

I wasn't, am not,am unlikely to be a fan of the man.

Just my view. 

33 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
Disinterested in Jack Ross. Old news

That was a quick change of heart

Not at at all TP.  I thought he was a great manager for us.  I wish him well.  But.. I have little interest in what he does now. 

My interest lies in St Mirren in the here and now. 

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Not at at all TP.  I thought he was a great manager for us.  I wish him well.  But.. I have little interest in what he does now. 

have to say I'm with Ricky and hve been since the skullduggery began...............move on....... JR was great with us but truth is we find ourselves in the situation we are in mainly in part to the goings on with his moving on at a critical time............so aye good luck to JR but more good wishes to OUR gaffer Oran K.

Only ever be one team/club in my heart (unless you count Scotland as well :D)

SMFC77 Forever C'mon yeeeeeeeeee SAINTSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Agree with this too. He’s a talented manager/‘politician’ and a savvy businessman, not a St Mirren fan. Like 99% of managers he’s out for himself and his family, but that coincides with his teams being successful. He is also aware of the importance of building a good bond with the fans, which he did brilliantly at St Mirren. The fans acting as the 12th man, backing the team was an important aspect of the team’s performances on the way to safety and ultimately promotion. We were lucky to have Jack when we did, but I think he’ll always be an ambitious manager who’ll look down any avenue to progress his career, even to the detriment of the clubs he’s leaving, which is the way football works. I’ll still be forever grateful for the job he did with us though and hope that Oran can achieve similar relative success.

Yet you still manage to post an opinion on him. This is the other football thread , it’s a topic about a former manager and a former player . If you are only interested in St.mIrren here and now, why post ?

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yet you still manage to post an opinion on him. This is the other football thread , it’s a topic about a former manager and a former player . If you are only interested in St.mIrren here and now, why post ?

Very good point Callum ?  What do you think?

ME - I think JR was a great player for us and as a manger he did really fab too.... he left and we got compensation.. we move on... but I have no ill feelings towards him or Morgan or anyone who tries to better themselves.

It is actually nice if JR does well - so long as it is not against us...

So I am happy Sunderland won today - they are up there and really need to get promoted - for their sake and for Jacks - good luck also to Morgan - he left came back for 6 months and got us decent money when he could have only been out for himself . . .  

They remain part of the Saint Mirren story forever  . . . .   :spud7

16 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Very good point Callum ?  What do you think?

ME - I think JR was a great player for us and as a manger he did really fab too.... he left and we got compensation.. we move on... but I have no ill feelings towards him or Morgan or anyone who tries to better themselves.

It is actually nice if JR does well - so long as it is not against us...

So I am happy Sunderland won today - they are up there and really need to get promoted - for their sake and for Jacks - good luck also to Morgan - he left came back for 6 months and got us decent money when he could have only been out for himself . . .  

They remain part of the Saint Mirren story forever  . . . .   :spud7

Why people are so drawn to JR defeats me.  I liked him as a player and he did a great job as manager but an even better job of looking after Jack Ross.  I attach  no blame to him for that.  Had he failed then he  would have suffered the usual fate.  He didn't and skillfully played the fiełd in getting a move to what is a much bigger club but in the process,  left us in disarray. We were merely collateral damage.  Despite his behaviour at the end,  I wish him well for the future but won't be using my time up looking for Sunderland 's resułts.  Why we spend time on English Football,  I just don't know. 

Lewis Morgan is,  to me,  a different case.  He could just have left.  He didn't. He was, arguably,  as important as JR in our triumph in the Championship.  He showed more loyalty than is normal in football.  I will follow his career with interest.  I hope that his loan move to Sunderland benefits the lad.

Others will clearly take differing views.  They,  like me,  are entitled to their views.  I won't be making a trip to Sunderland. 

I might go to Celtic Park to watch Morgan play in Europe if he returns to Celtic. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Why people are so drawn to JR defeats me.  I liked him as a player and he did a great job as manager but an even better job of looking after Jack Ross.  I attach  no blame to him for that.  Had he failed then he  would have suffered the usual fate.  He didn't and skillfully played the fiełd in getting a move to what is a much bigger club but in the process,  left us in disarray. We were merely collateral damage.  Despite his behaviour at the end,  I wish him well for the future but won't be using my time up looking for Sunderland 's resułts.  Why we spend time on English Football,  I just don't know. 

Lewis Morgan is,  to me,  a different case.  He could just have left.  He didn't. He was, arguably,  as important as JR in our triumph in the Championship.  He showed more loyalty than is normal in football.  I will follow his career with interest.  I hope that his loan move to Sunderland benefits the lad.

Others will clearly take differing views.  They,  like me,  are entitled to their views.  I won't be making a trip to Sunderland. 

I might go to Celtic Park to watch Morgan play in Europe if he returns to Celtic. 

You clearly blame JR for leaving us in disarray - Employees leave their employer every day.  Good employers cope fine - we did not - that cannot really be JR's problem.

The year HE led us to winning the Championship he gave us his wages back and the wages of his assistant in compensation. The damage was caused after he left... :spud5

So he was poached - it was no secret it would happen and it did.... how did we handle it?  :moony2

Lot sof different ways to view the same things . . . .   I respect you thoughts though . . .:)

22 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You clearly blame JR for leaving us in disarray - Employees leave their employer every day.  Good employers cope fine - we did not - that cannot really be JR's problem.

The year HE led us to winning the Championship he gave us his wages back and the wages of his assistant in compensation. The damage was caused after he left... :spud5

So he was poached - it was no secret it would happen and it did.... how did we handle it?  :moony2

Lot sof different ways to view the same things . . . .   I respect you thoughts though . . .:)

No.. I didn't and don't blame JR for bettering himself.  I said so in my post.  Good luck to him.. Let him get on with it.  He is now history,  a good part,  that's that. 

You are right.. shit happens.. doesn't mean that I have to like it or follow the smell to Sunderland. 

Compensation was paid.  As it should.  Just as importantly valuable time was lost in preparing for the step up. 

JR is hard headed,  clear eyed and ruthless.  He is excellent at PR.  All great qualities for a modern manager. 

You do realise this is the other football thread Ricky? If you are as disinterested in other football particularly where that played south of the border is concerned then might I suggest that in order to enjoy your family life and other interests, you cease from responding to threads you claim to have no interest in?