Saints Fans Sunderland Trip

HSS

17 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

You do realise this is the other football thread Ricky? If you are as disinterested in other football particularly where that played south of the border is concerned then might I suggest that in order to enjoy your family life and other interests, you cease from responding to threads you claim to have no interest in?

I've expressed an opinion. End of.

Hope anyone who does go enjoy themselves. That's their choice and right. 

Very good point Callum ?  What do you think?
ME - I think JR was a great player for us and as a manger he did really fab too.... he left and we got compensation.. we move on... but I have no ill feelings towards him or Morgan or anyone who tries to better themselves.
It is actually nice if JR does well - so long as it is not against us...
So I am happy Sunderland won today - they are up there and really need to get promoted - for their sake and for Jacks - good luck also to Morgan - he left came back for 6 months and got us decent money when he could have only been out for himself . . .  
They remain part of the Saint Mirren story forever  . . . .   :spud7

I take an interest in most Saints players and managers who have moved on.
Some to track their progress and be happy for them and some , like Stubbs, Gary Harkins, most of Stubbs signings etc I look out for in the hope that they crash and burn . Childish I know but that’s the way it is.
For JR , Morgan etc I thank them for the good times they brought our club and will continue to wish them well and continued success.
STR professes to have no interest whatsoever in them yet he continued to post about them , strange.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I take an interest in most Saints players and managers who have moved on.
Some to track their progress and be happy for them and some , like Stubbs, Gary Harkins, most of Stubbs signings etc I look out for in the hope that they crash and burn . Childish I know but that’s the way it is.
For JR , Morgan etc I thank them for the good times they brought our club and will continue to wish them well and continued success.
STR professes to have no interest whatsoever in them yet he continued to post about them , strange.

Not strange at all in context. 

I take the world as I find it,  not as I'd like it to be. 

Strange that you are taking so much time on this when I have said that I like what he did.  But.. He is past history. 

Again... You are free to think differently but seem to find it hard to extend that courtesy to myself. 

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Lewis Morgan is,  to me,  a different case.  He could just have left.  He didn't. He was, arguably,  as important as JR in our triumph in the Championship.  He showed more loyalty than is normal in football.  I will follow his career with interest.  I hope that his loan move to Sunderland benefits the lad.

Not sure how much loyalty Lewis showed. It was stated that the board always said to him to give us this one season, next summer he would be out of contract, and he could move as he wished.

Negotiations with Celtic also stated that they could have him now, but on one condition - we have him back on loan to finish the season. That wasn’t Lewis going to Celtic and saying that - it was those negotiating on our side.

True loyalty would have been to sign the last contract extension he was offered. Would I expect him, or anyone else if his quality to have agreed to it? I highly doubt it. That’s the way football works, it’s not a personal slant on Lewis.

I don’t doubt his commitment to our cause, he was excellent and never stopped showing that commitment. But to say he was “loyal” is a step too far IMO. How many players out there in the past decade could you really say were “loyal”, who could have played for better teams but declined to?

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not sure how much loyalty Lewis showed. It was stated that the board always said to him to give us this one season, next summer he would be out of contract, and he could move as he wished.

Negotiations with Celtic also stated that they could have him now, but on one condition - we have him back on loan to finish the season. That wasn’t Lewis going to Celtic and saying that - it was those negotiating on our side.

True loyalty would have been to sign the last contract extension he was offered. Would I expect him, or anyone else if his quality to have agreed to it? I highly doubt it. That’s the way football works, it’s not a personal slant on Lewis.

I don’t doubt his commitment to our cause, he was excellent and never stopped showing that commitment. But to say he was “loyal” is a step too far IMO. How many players out there in the past decade could you really say were “loyal”, who could have played for better teams but declined to?

Good points CS

I think JR did a good bit of the influencing of  Morgan to stay for the last 6 months too . 

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Not strange at all in context. 

I take the world as I find it,  not as I'd like it to be. 

Strange that you are taking so much time on this when I have said that I like what he did.  But.. He is past history. 

Again... You are free to think differently but seem to find it hard to extend that courtesy to myself. 

Im taking time with it because it interests me. I have never said you cant have an opinion on it but you said you werent interested.... END OF !!!

And yet , still you add to the topic .

As i said, Strange.