Welcome Greg Tansey

• 3 months later...

42 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That is tragic for the player first and foremost.

Wish him well and hope he makes a full recovery.

Exactly this. Just as he was rediscovering good form. Speedy recovery. 

24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Infections like these can require another operation to get rid of the infection and to remove any damaged tissue.

Hopefully, if this is required, and the infection clears up, then he might be ready for the start of next season.

Thanks for that Dr FTOF. :rolleyes:

Good luck Greg.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I am afraid its game over for Greg

Bloody tragic

Nah...

Assuming the worst” seldom works out, especially when this is an athlete that you’re considering

I was stupidly certain that John Hartson was a goner when his testicular cancer spreads his brain, but he proved idiots like me utterly misguided and wrong - he’s still going strong!

a pal of mine  also had testicular cancer... then 2 cancers in his brain and 3 more in other parts of his body.  He was treated and, to my surprise, still going strong and “healthily”.  He had been a top runner.

modern medical treatments and a basically sound, strong body means more and more people now show a resilience that is happily astounding!

im kinda assuming that Greg Tansey’ll be back doing a good job for the Saints.  :)

Edited by antrin

8 minutes ago, antrin said:

Nah...

Assuming the worst” seldom works out, especially when this is an athlete that you’re considering

I was stupidly certain that John Hartson was a goner when his testicular cancer spreads his brain, but he proved idiots like me utterly misguided and wrong - he’s still going strong!

a pal of mine  also had testicular cancer... then 2 cancers in his brain and 3 more in other parts of his body.  He was treated and, to my surprise, still going strong and “healthily”.  He had been a top runner.

modern medical treatments and a basically sound, strong body means more and more people now show a resilience that is happily astounding!

im kinda assuming that Greg Tansey’ll be back doing a good job for the Saints.  :)

Not for me to officially say but Greg knows the score..............................

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

Infections like these can require another operation to get rid of the infection and to remove any damaged tissue.

Hopefully, if this is required, and the infection clears up, then he might be ready for the start of next season.

Exactly this ^^^^

Infections in some parts of the body cannot be resolved easily by common antibiotics. Bone infections need long term antibiotics to target these, but the other option is an op to clean out the infected area and then drugs etc. There is no quick fix. 

Gutted for him, and for Oran but really really hope he gets what is needed and is back fit for the new season.

A fit Tansey is a real asset - Come on Greg get a lucky break for a change! :magic

Edited by Sweeper07

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Nah...

How many thought Darren McGregor's career was over when he got that second terrible knee injury? I hope Greg makes a full recovery.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Sadly it would seem that the bacterial infection that got into the bone during surgery has indeed established itself.

Unfortunately surgical site infections (no matter the technique used) are the most common and costly of hospital infections nowadays.

A sign of the times, and further evidence that we're losing the fight against bacterial infection.

Anyway, fingers crossed that Greg's situation improves soon.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like they have operated on the previously botched Hernia again however it appears that the bone infection once present in the body is treatable but not preventable so may return. Hopefully he recovers but we need to plan accordingly. As callous as it may sound we can't afford passengers on what will be a tight squad. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Sounds like they have operated on the previously botched Hernia again however it appears that the bone infection once present in the body is treatable but not preventable so may return. Hopefully he recovers but we need to plan accordingly. As callous as it may sound we can't afford passengers on what will be a tight squad. 

Have to agree. We should keep our fingers crossed for him but not look to count him as a squad player till fully fit. 

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Have to agree. We should keep our fingers crossed for him but not look to count him as a squad player till fully fit. 

Injury-plagued St Mirren midfielder Greg Tansey is pushing to be fit for the new season after having potentially career-saving surgery on his groin. (Daily Express, print edition)

Just more corroboration he is in the frame for next season. I know he got absolute pelters from the fans in his early Games. Him and Ryan Edwards were the scapegoats for just about everything that went wrong in our early games.  

I thought he was actually coming on to a game  just before he got his famous red card and his condition was properly diagnosed preventing him from returning.  when  he gets back to full fitness I think he will be a decent addition.

Good luck Greg