Welcome Greg Tansey

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I think in this day and age at a club at our level the onus will be on the players to have adequate medical insurance. Doubt many clubs on our sort of budget will have group coverage for a squad of 20+ players. 

Dont know about the saints, but even playing amateur football in Germany i was insured for breakages etc. And if you wanted a pre existing condition covered you had to top that up yourself.

58 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

He comes across as a sound lad

Wish him all the best in the future

He does, but I am sure McInnes  said that when he signed for the Dons, he hid an injury during the fitness test and it only showed up after he had played some games for them. .Let face it, we all do that to get a better paid job and I wish him well for the future. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Not quite..!
any insurer will say "yip! We can insure you for that, and the premium will be £........"
one of my dogs got a leg injury, so the insurer just upped the premium by a fiver a month to manage their risk. It would appear the club didnt insure Tansey, and perhaps don't  routinely do that for any player? Be silly not to do it if they re-sign McAllister!

My post wasn't about our premiums or level of cover, it was regarding advice from our insurer regarding getting involved in a condition potentially arising from a previous operation that the player may well be going down the litigation route.
Other than this, I can't really see anything in my previous post that you quoted connected to your post.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Interesting - looks like Greg Tansey May be signing for my local team Warrington Town - if so he would be playing alongside Dave Raven and Steve Jennings as Warrington take a step closer to the football league 👍

4683D48D-5BF2-4C7A-9068-563F2F8B8063.jpeg

I hope his health holds. 

• 4 weeks later...