Welcome Greg Tansey

17 minutes ago, DLBud said:

No doubt the usual suspects and conspiracy theorists will be along to criticise the decision to let him go and provide their own “insight” into the situation.emoji849.png

I am sure that at least one poster’ll blame GLS...

I’m sorry GT has gone.  Thought he was a class act.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

I am sure that at least one poster’ll blame GLS...

I’m sorry GT has gone.  Thought he was a class act.

He could have been a class act had he been fit . . . it is a shame and a gamble that did not come off for us...

No hard feelings, just hope it did not cost us much and we fill his slot with someone even better...

I doubt there's much more to this than meets the eye. The club, or whoever is looking after the club's interest in this matter, obviously feel Tansey was still too much of a risk given his latest condition. 

I hope Greg gets himself fit and finds another club to ply his trade. As has been said, a fit, focussed Tansey would be an asset to most teams in or around us.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What actually happened was he shagged three of his teammates missus, another teammate’s maw, and then declared to the dressing room “This team is nothing without Josh Heaton”

That was quite believable until you added that last bit.🙄

Reminiscent of the Rocco Quinn mutual consent a couple of years ago. He had a chronic hamstring injury and, in his last few games for us, could only manage an hour on the park. We were his last club, retiring at the age of 30.

Will have to see if Tansey can continue his career. It's a real shame and goes beyond football. In an article I read a few months back it said he was suing the clinic that botched the operation which has led to his problems.

The top one is much more fun.......................:rolleyes:
Why the feck would people think this stuff up and then post it on social media, absolute fcukwits. 
Why should any player have to pay for corrective surgery...

Surely that should be covered by NHS or the clubs private health insurance?

We have a responsibility to care for our employees.

That's awful for the lad.

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

I agree but I'm not getting involved, Baz will be along soon to tell you that your negative and should be ashamed of yourself. :P

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Agree. Doesn't reflect well on the club. 

Just my opinion but it's Probably the insurence only covers a certain amount and first surgery will have used that up and club were probably unwilling to take the chance on paying for another one incase that never worked either just a thought might be talking utter shite though. 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree. Doesn't reflect well on the club. 

We don't know, but typically these things never properly fix themselves to the extent that he might ever play at this level again - even with several ops. 

So presumable the medical advice the club would take would suggest that it is a no win situation for them and if Tansey is highly unlikely to get fit, then he can go NHS or private if he so choses.. Over the years many pro's with pelvic bother retire early... add in his bone infection and that can be similar in itself - it's a double whammy... 

Sorry for the lad, but he has earned well for years, at Aberdeen, before that  and even from us . . . hope he has not squandered it all

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

We don't know, but typically these things never properly fix themselves to the extent that he might ever play at this level again - even with several ops. 

So presumable the medical advice the club would take would suggest that it is a no win situation for them and if Tansey is highly unlikely to get fit, then he can go NHS or private if he so choses.. Over the years many pro's with pelvic bother retire early... add in his bone infection and that can be similar in itself - it's a double whammy... 

Sorry for the lad, but he has earned well for years, at Aberdeen, before that  and even from us . . . hope he has not squandered it all

Fair argument Sweeper. 

29 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I seem to remember a thread a few year's ago where one our former forum poster's was having a go at the club for not having private insurance. It turned out that outside of the larger clubs in the top league, the majority of clubs, including ourselves, didn't have private health insurance as it was way too costly. It was cheaper to pay for operations as they arose.

It must be a dreadful situation for the player to be in.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I seem to remember a thread a few year's ago where one our former forum poster's was having a go at the club for not having private insurance. It turned out that outside of the larger clubs in the top league, the majority of clubs, including ourselves, didn't have private health insurance as it was way too costly. It was cheaper to pay for operations as they arose.

It must be a dreadful situation for the player to be in.

It's ok, he's rich according to sweep. :lol: