Cammy Smith

I am absolutely raging at this decision to transfer Cammy to Utd.Our official Player of the Year last season.A 24 year talented player who made nearly eighty appearances for the Dons before we were lucky enough to have him at Saints.Our loss is most certainly Utd’s gain.OK says Cammy wants to play football and he cannot guarantee him game time.What absolute bollocks.We should be building a team around him.I am really really annoyed at this transfer which could have been avoided.I just say this why is Flynn still with us and Cammy gone?

I am absolutely raging at this decision to transfer Cammy to Utd.Our official Player of the Year last season.A 24 year talented player who made nearly eighty appearances for the Dons before we were lucky enough to have him at Saints.Our loss is most certainly Utd’s gain.OK says Cammy wants to play football and he cannot guarantee him game time.What absolute bollocks.We should be building a team around him.I am really really annoyed at this transfer which could have been avoided.I just say this why is Flynn still with us and Cammy gone?

calm down jesus hes not good enough for the premiership

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Becuse Cammy is shite, torn faced and a non trier this Season.

Say goodbye and good riddens. :byebye

6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Are you handing your season ticket back? 

7 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

The boy deserves 1st team football and he was magnificent for us last year i think its right he moves...... he didnt make the grade at Dons or us in the top league.... wish him all the best but we need better quality up top this season

6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Cammy was a great player last season.  He was part of a Championship Winning  Team.  We should be ever appreciative of his contribution.  It's no surprise that he has gone though based on his reported behaviour and his current form.  It's best for him to get a new start and good that the club got a fee for him.  I certainly wish him well but also respect the judgement of the management team. 

Anyone that has watched us over the last two seasons will be upset to see Cammy in a Dundee United shirt.

In terms of talent, there is no way we are going to attract a better player than Cammy during this transfer window.

It sums up the recent mismanagement of the club from top to bottom that Cammy has failed this season and that we have released him to one of our rivals.

I suppose Kearney has a style of play in mind and Smith doesn't fit in. I will, of course, get behind the manager and hope the new team works out. He better have a hell of a plan though or he will be getting shown the door at the end of the season. Giving away one of your best players is a stupid bold move by any measure.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Anyone that has watched us over the last two seasons will be upset to see Cammy in a Dundee United shirt.

In terms of talent, there is no way we are going to attract a better player than Cammy during this transfer window.

It sums up the recent mismanagement of the club from top to bottom that Cammy has failed this season and that we have released him to one of our rivals.

I suppose Kearney has a style of play in mind and Smith doesn't fit in. I will, of course, get behind the manager and hope the new team works out. He better have a hell of a plan though or he will be getting shown the door at the end of the season. Giving away one of your best players is a stupid bold move by any measure.

Astonishing that you don't believe we can attract a better quality player than a very good championship player. 

19 appearances, no league goals this season. One assist. 

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll find better. 

Cammy has completely failed to make the step up in quality this year pretty much the same as last year when ever we faced premiership teams.

OK has got it completely spot on imo moving him on and getting a fee for a player that would struggle to get much more game time this year going by his performances this year then move on at the end of the season for free.

Might be a great player in an attacking side winning most weeks in the championship but appeared to not have the fight in him for a relegation dog fight by taking the huff.

I agree with the comments about Cammy Smith's valuable contribution last season but (for whatever reason) his form this season has dipped and his head / heart is no longer committed to St Mirren. Sadly this situation is probably irreversible therefore the decision to let him re-start his career elsewhere is surely the right one.

Cammy is one member of the squad that has been dismal this season and that's why we are sitting second bottom in the league table. Thanks but cheerio Cammy.

Let the clear out continue.  

COYS !!!

Spoiler

Cammy was a hard worker and most fans appreciated his effort. Unfortunately he is too slow for the top league and even his biggest fans will admit his first touch is woeful. No doubt he’ll bag a lot of goals for the Arabs if played as a striker in the Championship.  That’s his level and good luck to him.