Cammy Smith

Decent enough player, who I liked and would have kept as an option on the bench, but at the end of the season he is free to go, so a nominal fee and his wage, will allow us to get a decent player in, who can fit into a system that the manager wants to play, so I'm reasonably okay with the deal. Also pleased we never sold him to a rival. 

8 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I am absolutely raging at this decision to transfer Cammy to Utd.Our official Player of the Year last season.A 24 year talented player who made nearly eighty appearances for the Dons before we were lucky enough to have him at Saints.Our loss is most certainly Utd’s gain.OK says Cammy wants to play football and he cannot guarantee him game time.What absolute bollocks.We should be building a team around him.I am really really annoyed at this transfer which could have been avoided.I just say this why is Flynn still with us and Cammy gone?

You have made some bold statements. Season ticket returned? 

5 hours ago, shull said:

Our departing hero being fondly remembered on Twitter as Pele. 

Hearts are breaking. 

That's nice  :byebye :heart

5 hours ago, shull said:

July 2018 to December 2018 

HAS BEEN OBLITERATED FROM FECKING HISTORY. 

Never had the same tears and heavy loving emotion when Gow left and he contributed the same in his final six months. 

:lol:

5 hours ago, shull said:

Never sold to a rival because Elvis is correct. 

We are going straight down. 

Aw feck 

:byebye

Is this the new bait your using these days shull..

The old Celtic/Sevco and ticket prices tactics no getting the bites they used too..

I'm sure you'll get some unsuspecting fishes have a nibble at it soon enough...

I didn’t say he was.

As he only got 4 games though, we’ll never know!

But he was right on Cammy Smith!
I never said that you said he was (this could go on a while).

However given he couldn't keep his team, his bosses or his customer base happy during the changes then we do know, he couldn't manage the change.

48 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Is this the new bait your using these days shull..

The old Celtic/Sevco and ticket prices tactics no getting the bites they used too..

I'm sure you'll get some unsuspecting fishes have a nibble at it soon enough...

Huge bite and not just for my 3 posts above.

Another massive bite regarding Celtic/Sevco2012 and ticket prices.

You fell for the whole fecking lot. :lol:

Thanks, are you doogjemima in disguise ? :lol:

I never said that you said he was (this could go on a while).

So your reply to my point was irrelevant then!

However given he couldn't keep his team, his bosses or his customer base happy during the changes then we do know, he couldn't manage the change.

As OK has got rid of the team that he couldn’t keep happy, we now know that Stubbs was right and the bosses and customer base were wrong!

As OK has got rid of the team that he couldn’t keep happy, we now know that Stubbs was right and the bosses and customer base were wrong!

It was relevant it was putting your post into context.

As I said in an earlier post he probably was right....but he couldn't manage the change (Oh forgot that bits irrelevant).

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Huge bite and not just for my 3 posts above.

Another massive bite regarding Celtic/Sevco2012 and ticket prices.

You fell for the whole fecking lot. :lol:

Thanks, are you doogjemima in disguise ? :lol:

Unlucky shull pal, but sorry no bites from me, just thought I would call out on your desperate need for some kickbacks..

Anyone with half a brain can read you like a book..

But luckily for you there still the odd dumbshit who'll fall for it..

And anyway that's not to say your not one of the best posters on here, your quite a funny guy at times and your wee 

historic picture threads are quality, so more of the good stuff and less of the pish.....:thumbs2

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Excellent Championship player but he has shown nothing either with us or Aberdeen to prove he can take the step up to the Premier League. 

Might as well have kept him on then. Because that's where we will be playing again next season. 

1 minute ago, scrappy coco said:

Unlucky shull pal, but sorry no bites from me, just thought I would call out on your desperate need for some kickbacks..

Anyone with half a brain can read you like a book..

But luckily for you there still the odd dumbshit who'll fall for it..

And anyway that's not to say your not one of the best posters on here, your quite a funny guy at times and your wee 

historic picture threads are quality, so more of the good stuff and less of the pish.....:thumbs2

Not desperate, but it passes the the boring time between hires during the day..

More than just the odd dumbshit on here. At least 2 on here every day doing the " follow follow "

Pish is good.

But thanks :thumbs2

I am absolutely raging at this decision to transfer Cammy to Utd.Our official Player of the Year last season.A 24 year talented player who made nearly eighty appearances for the Dons before we were lucky enough to have him at Saints.Our loss is most certainly Utd’s gain.OK says Cammy wants to play football and he cannot guarantee him game time.What absolute bollocks.We should be building a team around him.I am really really annoyed at this transfer which could have been avoided.I just say this why is Flynn still with us and Cammy gone?

Because united didn’t want Flynn ?!?!

Anyone that has watched us over the last two seasons will be upset to see Cammy in a Dundee United shirt.
In terms of talent, there is no way we are going to attract a better player than Cammy during this transfer window.
It sums up the recent mismanagement of the club from top to bottom that Cammy has failed this season and that we have released him to one of our rivals.
I suppose Kearney has a style of play in mind and Smith doesn't fit in. I will, of course, get behind the manager and hope the new team works out. He better have a hell of a plan though or he will be getting shown the door at the end of the season. Giving away one of your best players is a stupid bold move by any measure.

Where to start ?
Anyone who watched us over the last two seasons would wonder what happened to Cammy Smith this season. I like Smith and wish him well but he simply has not performed when given the chance.
There is no way we will attract a better player. Let’s see if that turns out to be true. You are saying we can’t attract anyone who can do better than no goals in 19 ( albeit mostly sub) appearances ?
Mismanagement ? To get a fee , however small , for a player who could walk for nothing at the end of the season is good business, especially a player who is not part of the plans.
OK WILL be shown the door at end of the season over this ? Really ? Are you making the decisions on who stays and does now ?

Lastly , Giving away one of our best players ? As I said, I like Cammy Smith and he done a great job for us last season but best player ? Nope, not this season Most strikers are mainly judged on goals . Gave him away? , again nope, we SOLD him .

10 hours ago, Taylor Edgar said:
10 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

calm down jesus hes not good enough for the premiership

The main problem of last year's promotion winning team was that many were good enough for the Championship but certainly not capable of stepping up to the next level.

Livingston showed us last year just how limited our squad was. Overall they were a better side than us, certainly in the games between us, though the results were slightly closer than the form on the pitch.

Almost the entire squad would have had to be overhauled which is exactly what is happening.

Allegedly AS informed the players very early on that just about all the players could send their championship medals to Lewis Morgan as he had essentially won the league for us. Perhaps, if true, it was harsh in the delivery, but maybe not too far from the truth.

I said at the time that when JR left his stock was never higher than when he won the league. He knew that this year was going to be a major challenge. The performance and result at Aberdeen gave him a clear message that the squad was not up to the Premiership standard. Perhaps his skill was being able to deliver the league winning team with the players he had. :unsure:

I am really disappointed Cammy has left. I would like to thank him for his services but understand he wants to play first team football which has been limiting for him.

However I think letting him go is a mistake and just don't get the poor attitude of some of our supporters towards him. For me he is premier league class. The problem is Cammy is a flair player and most times he played he had dross round about him - players that could not pass a ball. In the 12 points we have gained this season Cammy played in games that gave us 9 of those points. He was instrumental in the first goal of the season in the 2-1 victory against Dundee. His good play and shot at Motherwell left a tap in for Simeon for the 3 points. When Cammy and Steven McGinn came on at Dundee they played the best I have seen our midfield play this season. The fact that Magennis was also playing helped - it was back to a performance from last season. I thought he was certain to start the next game however he was dropped to the bench again. And I was astounded at the 2-2 against Hibs when Cammy was taken off and the likes of Edwards and Willock were still on the pitch.

Anyway what's done is done. With decent players around him Cammy will shine as the guy has talent. He just needs talented players to play with.

Wee torn faced Cammy who has contributed absolutely nothing to the Saints cause for 6 months, while picking up undeserved wages from the fans. 

The wailing and greeting of some has outscored those mourning the death of Diana and the retirement of Andy. 

Feck off and light a candle. :lol: :byebye