Cammy Smith

Anyone that has watched us over the last two seasons will be upset to see Cammy in a Dundee United shirt.
In terms of talent, there is no way we are going to attract a better player than Cammy during this transfer window.
It sums up the recent mismanagement of the club from top to bottom that Cammy has failed this season and that we have released him to one of our rivals.
I suppose Kearney has a style of play in mind and Smith doesn't fit in. I will, of course, get behind the manager and hope the new team works out. He better have a hell of a plan though or he will be getting shown the door at the end of the season. Giving away one of your best players is a stupid bold move by any measure.

One of our rivals? Nope different league [emoji6]

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone's getting lonely

Oh the wee sad soul.

What does your post even mean ? 

I am in my car all day and love my own company. 

Punters are good when paying then leaving. 

In between hires, as long as I have free BT Wifi, I can amuse myself via this hysterical forum. 

Edited by shull

Let's try again. If Lucy can't explain it then maybe somebody else can. I made the post below. Lucy answered. I dinnae get it. Maybe he just likes to post upside down pointy things. 

40 minutes ago, shull said:

My wee pet troll must have missed the post I made a couple of hours ago to a sensible and wise Buddie. 

34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone's getting lonely

Oh the wee sad soul.

Well? 

1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

Your hoose for dinner then, I'll bring my ain chips...:D

Good, dinnae bring Lucy. 

I would rather eat on my own than listen to his shite. 

Bring me fecking chips tae and spaghetti hoops. 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

OK Shurlly

I'm suggesting that you were missing someone you call a "troll" when he doesn't troll you. Sad really.

Miss him ? 

Doesn't stalk or troll ? 

I have never replied to any of his posts for months unless they are targeting me. He is skimmed easily 

Check his past history for a few months. 

In fact, just check the last couple of days. 

He is in love. 

Still don't get your post. 

7 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

As he only got 4 games though, we’ll never know!

Are you hoping that if you say he only had 4 games 100 times (which you must've done already), that it will become true?

Or have you just said to so many times because (until now) folk are so bored with you that they cannae even be bothered picking you up on it?

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are you hoping that if you say he only had 4 games 100 times (which you must've done already), that it will become true?

Or have you just said to so many times because (until now) folk are so bored with you that they cannae even be bothered picking you up on it?

Yeah everyone forgets the league cup games. How dare he draw with Killie away, then horse Dumbarton 6-0 ffs. What a piss poor return in his first six games, drew three, won two, lost one

Fitzy must be right enough, maybe he wasn't sacked because of results? Lol

Disagree I think he is good enough if he had a decent team around. I agree with the original poster. It's a dreadful decision one we will regret I'm sure.
A player that's good enough for the top league should be capable of performing in a shite team.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What a piss poor return in his first six games, drew three, won two, lost one

Shame two of those draws were against 4th and 5th tier opposition.

Actually, it was all down to Gus. He knew we had a dodgy summer with transfer dealings, and selfishly lead Queen's Park to a draw against us, a result which certainly didn’t help Stubbs. Over time Gus convinced our board to sack Stubbs and bring him in as Technical Director. It’s all down to Gus!

5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Where to start ?
Anyone who watched us over the last two seasons would wonder what happened to Cammy Smith this season. I like Smith and wish him well but he simply has not performed when given the chance.
There is no way we will attract a better player. Let’s see if that turns out to be true. You are saying we can’t attract anyone who can do better than no goals in 19 ( albeit mostly sub) appearances ?
Mismanagement ? To get a fee , however small , for a player who could walk for nothing at the end of the season is good business, especially a player who is not part of the plans.
OK WILL be shown the door at end of the season over this ? Really ? Are you making the decisions on who stays and does now ?

Lastly , Giving away one of our best players ? As I said, I like Cammy Smith and he done a great job for us last season but best player ? Nope, not this season Most strikers are mainly judged on goals . Gave him away? , again nope, we SOLD him .

How much did we sell him for then? I've not been online much the last week and see this claim floating about but nothing to back it up.

If Kearney is incapable of getting the best out of our player of the season, gives him away to a team we could face in the playoff, reconstructs the whole squad in the transfer window and then gets relegated then I would imagine, yes, he will be shown the door.

I have a lot of sympathy for OK's position and I don't think many managers would find clearing up Stubbs mess easy. Releasing Eckersley and Smith though suggests he can't get the best out of players who were good enough to win the Championship and should be good enough to compete in the Premier League.

He has put his head on the chopping block now, no doubt about it. 

Edited by Kemp

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
5 minutes ago, FTOF said:
A player that's good enough for the top league should be capable of performing in a shite team.

So who has performed well in this shite team. By your reckoning every single player should go. Don't think your answer stacks up bud.

In time we will see Cammy Smith is clearly good enough for the top league. He will go on to have a great career at this level. We have been very lucky to have a player of his work rate and ability over the last couple of seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

How much did we sell him for then? I've not been online much the last week and see this claim floating about but nothing to back it up.

If Kearney is incapable of getting the best out of our player of the season, gives him away to a team we could face in the playoff, reconstructs the whole squad in the transfer window and then gets relegated then I would imagine, yes, he will be shown the door.

I hope a lot of sympathy for OK's position and I don't think many managers would find clearing up Stubbs mess easy. Releasing Eckersley and Smith though suggests he can't get the best out of players who were good enough to win the Championship and should be good enough to compete in the Premier League.

Eckersley wanted to go part time.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah everyone forgets the league cup games. How dare he draw with Killie away, then horse Dumbarton 6-0 ffs. What a piss poor return in his first six games, drew three, won two, lost one

Do you go to the games? The Spartans and Queens Park games must have been two of the worst performances and results in our history. 

And what exactly is your point anyway? Are you honestly trying to argue now that Stubbs didn't deserve to be sacked? You'd start a fight in an empty hoose!

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

In time we will see Cammy Smith is clearly good enough for the top league. He will go on to have a great career at this level. We have been very lucky to have a player of his work rate and ability over the last couple of seasons. 

You may be right but 2 managers didn't feel he was good enough and no other Premier club offered him a deal (AFAIK).  Only time will tell.  There is perhaps a larger step up from the Championship to Premier League and hence why OK has rid us of players simply not at the required level. 

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I have a lot of sympathy for OK's position and I don't think many managers would find clearing up Stubbs mess easy. Releasing Eckersley and Smith though suggests he can't get the best out of players who were good enough to win the Championship and should be good enough to compete in the Premier League.

Or that Oran doesn't feel that the players released can add value in the way he is having to setup the side with the overall squad we have. Certainly Cammy, and some of this is likely down to confidence, did not look the same player this season without the 3 players all moving forward at the sides or in front of him. For teams setting up in a more structured way then I would say Cammy would struggle to hold down a more central midfield role and he's wasted up front alongside someone who isn't able to generate through balls or knockdowns. 

So who has performed well in this shite team. By your reckoning every single player should go. Don't think your answer stacks up bud.

There is a few that have performed well in games most recently I think the McGinns have been great.

Where as cammy every time he’s had the opportunity has struggled at this level imo.

Maybe another year or two in the championship with one of the bigger teams will help him.

14 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Do you go to the games? The Spartans and Queens Park games must have been two of the worst performances and results in our history. 

And what exactly is your point anyway? Are you honestly trying to argue now that Stubbs didn't deserve to be sacked? You'd start a fight in an empty hoose!

First part, naw! That was Hammarby.

second part, point made that posters are super keen to be selective with small amount of results under Stubbs, and on the flip side seem to wish to ignore how poor results have been since Oran took over. So far neither have been good, despite both now having a fortune spent on budget.

but hey, you probably knew all that anyway?