Cammy Smith

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Fair enough. Seems he has been ground down by dealing with that f**kwit Stubbs and his morale hasn't lifted since then. A bit of a shame really.

Laughing my arse off at that one.... he was f**king crocked! And had an op! When fit ORAN wouldnt play him. He is only at a,part time club because we are paying his wages. He is a notoriously lazy fecker

I didn’t mention anything about replacements.

So, just like Hambud, your reply is irrelevant!

You mentioned Stubbs was right to get shot of cammy I mentioned why he wasn’t right to get shot of him.

Is that easier to understand I’ve explained in the previous reply why he wouldn’t have been right to got shot of cammy due to his recruitment record for us.

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah everyone forgets the league cup games. How dare he draw with Killie away, then horse Dumbarton 6-0 ffs. What a piss poor return in his first six games, drew three, won two, lost one

Fitzy must be right enough, maybe he wasn't sacked because of results? Lol

You are so funny. Would that be the Dumbarton that are currently in a relegation dog fight to avoid dropping to the 4th tier? 

So basically all you’ve got is that from 5 league cup games he managed to scab a 0-0 with Killie? Whilst failing to beat two pub teams and getting horsed off Aberdeen. 

Cammy had much more time, and his lack of genuine pace and strength did not hinder him in the championship hence why he was such a valuable asset in that environment.  Unfortunately he didn’t have the time nor the pace and strength to make an impact in the top league.  Less face it if he did he would not have been allowed to leave Aberdeen for free.

6 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Cammy had much more time, and his lack of genuine pace and strength did not hinder him in the championship hence why he was such a valuable asset in that environment.  Unfortunately he didn’t have the time nor the pace and strength to make an impact in the top league.  Less face it if he did he would not have been allowed to leave Aberdeen for free.

The fact we got some money for him is a pleasant bonus

37 minutes ago, Kemp said:

In time we will see Cammy Smith is clearly good enough for the top league. He will go on to have a great career at this level. We have been very lucky to have a player of his work rate and ability over the last couple of seasons. 

Ability maybe. 

His workrate ceased in July 2018.

Totally irrelevant if he even gets a contract for an English Premier League Club in the future. 

Because in his last 6 months with us, he was in the huff and never tried a leg. 

Most of the other players in our team, maybe weren't successful but seemed to give 100% effort. 

Smith was a disgrace. 

How much did we sell him for then? I've not been online much the last week and see this claim floating about but nothing to back it up.
If Kearney is incapable of getting the best out of our player of the season, gives him away to a team we could face in the playoff, reconstructs the whole squad in the transfer window and then gets relegated then I would imagine, yes, he will be shown the door.
I have a lot of sympathy for OK's position and I don't think many managers would find clearing up Stubbs mess easy. Releasing Eckersley and Smith though suggests he can't get the best out of players who were good enough to win the Championship and should be good enough to compete in the Premier League.
He has put his head on the chopping block now, no doubt about it. 

How much did we get for him ? How the f**k should I know ?
I love the fact that you seem to be struggling with the concept of an undisclosed fee .
The Saints OS , all of the main press sources and the united manager confirmed it was an undisclosed fee.
He was the player of LAST season , that’s gone , behind us , a different league !
He has had opportunities this season and failed to take them .
To reiterate , I like Cammy and appreciate what he done for us in the Championship but best for player and club to move on.
Yet still you say we “gave him away “
History will tell you that football is littered with players who could not make the step up , regardless of where that step is up to. The fact he was a star in the Championship is no guarantee of anything in the premiership.
Stelios was good enough to win the championship and was a cult hero , doesn’t mean he’s good enough to cut it any higher .

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

How much did we sell him for then? I've not been online much the last week and see this claim floating about but nothing to back it up.

If Kearney is incapable of getting the best out of our player of the season, gives him away to a team we could face in the playoff, reconstructs the whole squad in the transfer window and then gets relegated then I would imagine, yes, he will be shown the door.

I have a lot of sympathy for OK's position and I don't think many managers would find clearing up Stubbs mess easy. Releasing Eckersley and Smith though suggests he can't get the best out of players who were good enough to win the Championship and should be good enough to compete in the Premier League.

He has put his head on the chopping block now, no doubt about it. 

The manager has seen a squad bereft of quality, and has acted to make sweeping changes. The fact that fan favourites have been shown the door should have no bearing on his position - he makes the decision on who to keep or punt based on what he has seen, and what he has seen has clearly not been good enough from the vast majority of the squad he inherited.

On the subject of Eckersley and Smith, one has gone to Forfar, suggesting there was very little interest in him from the league below us never mind the one we're in. The other has gone to a team in the league he excelled in, which also shows where other teams are in their opinion on the player.

I loved both players' performances for us over the 18 months from the beginning of 2017, a period which was one of our best in many years. However, we are at the highest level in this country now, and unfortunately Eckersley suffered injuries which prevented him impressing the new managers, while Cammy hasn't produced the same performances in the Premiership as he did in the Championship.

Good luck to both, but mostly, good luck to Oran Kearney and the players who will still be representing us from here on.

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Says the guy who doesn’t understand compound interest emoji23.png

Don’t you just love internet hardmen emoji23.png

I don’t understand either of those statements. 

I don’t understand the first one because after 32 years in banking, it would be a bit of a bad do if I didn’t understand compound interest. It was more that (you being you) didn’t understand that compound interest has absolutely no relevance to investment in Private Equity funds. I don’t hold that against you though. What with you being a thicky and all. But how sweet of you to continue to remember that glorious little moment when (you thought) you had appeared cleverer than me. You should have known better really. Happy for you to keep that one though because without it you wouldn’t have your one and only deflection tactic when I constantly intellectually batter you.

As for the second point, I can only assume you have led a very sheltered life if you think calling someone “a thick clot” represents being a hard man. :lol:

Now if I’d said, “Shut the f**k up you thick khunt or i’ll Boot you in the vagina”. That would’ve been me being an Internet hard man (please note hard man is two words not one)

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, FTOF said:
A player that's good enough for the top league should be capable of performing in a shite team.

So who has performed well in this shite team. By your reckoning every single player should go. Don't think your answer stacks up bud.

Daft response.

There are a few players IMO who have shown that they can cope with the top league, but I wouldn't be fussed if the rest left and were replaced.

However, Smith certainly hasn't shown anything.

I like Smith as a player and hoped that he would kick on. However, for one reason or another he didn't.

I'm sure he'll do well for united in the league below us.

We'll need to wait and see if United get promoted, whether we got rid of a player who can perform well in the top league.

That is, if he doesn't go in a cream puff...…………………………...:wink:

Edited by FTOF

Daft response.
There are a few players IMO who have shown that they can cope with the top league, but I wouldn't be fussed if the rest left and were replaced.
I like Smith as a player and hoped that he would kick on. However, for one reason or another he didn't.
We'll need to wait and see if United get promoted, whether we got rid of a player who can perform well in the top league.
Comedy gold. Bye.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
6 minutes ago, FTOF said:
Daft response.

Comedy gold. Bye.

Owned.

Bye.:byebye

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

How much did we get for him ? How the f**k should I know ?
I love the fact that you seem to be struggling with the concept of an undisclosed fee .
The Saints OS , all of the main press sources and the united manager confirmed it was an undisclosed fee.
He was the player of LAST season , that’s gone , behind us , a different league !
He has had opportunities this season and failed to take them .
To reiterate , I like Cammy and appreciate what he done for us in the Championship but best for player and club to move on.
Yet still you say we “gave him away “
History will tell you that football is littered with players who could not make the step up , regardless of where that step is up to. The fact he was a star in the Championship is no guarantee of anything in the premiership.
Stelios was good enough to win the championship and was a cult hero , doesn’t mean he’s good enough to cut it any higher .

Not sure what you are getting so f**king worked up about, I only asked you a question.

So it was an "undisclosed fee". Right, thanks for the info.

Not sure what you are getting so f**king worked up about, I only asked you a question.
So it was an "undisclosed fee". Right, thanks for the info.

Not getting worked up at all. You simply kept repeating this notion that we gave him away .
After you asked the question about how much we got for him ( again , f**k knows why you asked me !) you yet again said we gave him away .
Perhaps in time , you may come to get over your wee Cammy crush and move on, mibbee you and MCS could form a wee club and follow him around the country like some sort of disciples much like Big Peter did when Jim Blair left us for Hibs. [emoji23]

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not getting worked up at all. You simply kept repeating this notion that we gave him away .
After you asked the question about how much we got for him ( again , f**k knows why you asked me !) you yet again said we gave him away .
Perhaps in time , you may come to get over your wee Cammy crush and move on, mibbee you and MCS could form a wee club and follow him around the country like some sort of disciples much like Big Peter did when Jim Blair left us for Hibs. emoji23.png

And this is you "not getting worked up"?

Away and lie down.

I'll take careful note not to ask any St Mirren transfer related questions on this website in future. Or at least not ask utter wankers like you.