Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Polish Players

Recommended Posts


Celtic went down this route signing Nakamura and Due Wei and a few others which looked to be from a completely commercial point of view. Nakamura did OK but there were a few flops


Is this a joke?

Leaving aside the fact that these guys weren’t Polish, this is a ridiculous statement.

I’m assuming you are talking about Asian players?

Celtic signed Nakamura from Serie A. They paid £2.5 million for him. He played 128 times for Celtic and scored 29 goals. He won player of the year in Scotland. He did more than ok! He was hardly signed purely for commercial reasons!

Ki Sung-Yueng scored 9 goals in 66 appearances for Celtic. They paid £2 million fir him and sold him to Swansea for £6 million. He went on to play 177 games in the English Premiership for Swansea, Newcastle and Sunderland. Hardly signed purely for commercial reasons and hardly a flop.

Du Wei was signed on loan and managed 1 game before getting punted, but what other Asian flops did Celtic sign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

 


Is this a joke?

Leaving aside the fact that these guys weren’t Polish, this is a ridiculous statement.

I’m assuming you are talking about Asian players?

Celtic signed Nakamura from Serie A. They paid £2.5 million for him. He played 128 times for Celtic and scored 29 goals. He won player of the year in Scotland. He did more than ok! He was hardly signed purely for commercial reasons!

Ki Sung-Yueng scored 9 goals in 66 appearances for Celtic. They paid £2 million fir him and sold him to Swansea for £6 million. He went on to play 177 games in the English Premiership for Swansea, Newcastle and Sunderland. Hardly signed purely for commercial reasons and hardly a flop.

Du Wei was signed on loan and managed 1 game before getting punted, but what other Asian flops did Celtic sign?

 

Was there not a lad called Mizuno?

but yeah, what’s it got to do with Poland? Have we even signed a Polish player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Celtic went down this route signing Nakamura and Due Wei and a few others which looked to be from a completely commercial point of view. Nakamura did OK but there were a few flops

 

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:


Is this a joke?

Leaving aside the fact that these guys weren’t Polish, this is a ridiculous statement.

 

 

Not at all - “ridiculous”.

FMcGWL was making a perfectly logical post about signings from a commercial POV, as posited by St Ricky’s original post.

 

do keep up, Wendy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not at all - “ridiculous”.
FMcGWL was making a perfectly logical post about signings from a commercial POV, as posited by St Ricky’s original post.
 
do keep up, Wendy!


So if it wasn’t ridiculous, can you tell us the names of all these flops that Celtic signed from a “purely commercial” point of view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

From the arrivals thread, credit to stu on this one:

List of all foreign Saints players

We’ve had one Polish player, Alfons Lesz between 1947-1952.

Slightly off topic but I remember as young chap we had signed these 3 but never actually remember them playing...

 

what was the deal?

 

Certain it was coughlin that brought them in but could be wrong...

DE7EE401-AB0A-44CC-BEFA-7AB3BDE6AA80.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Celtic went down this route signing Nakamura and Due Wei and a few others which looked to be from a completely commercial point of view. Nakamura did OK but there were a few flops

 

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

 

 


So if it wasn’t ridiculous, can you tell us the names of all these flops that Celtic signed from a “purely commercial” point of view?

 

I can't enumerate Celtic players cos I don't care enough about that team.

I refer you back to the post already cited. 

FMcGWL responded to Ricky's suggestion of signing a nationality from a commercial pov. 

Which is rational, NOT ridiculous.  He acknowledged Nakamura was ok. Suggested others weren't.  You agree with that.

You manage to find Ki Sung-Yueng who sold on for an reasonable sum.  And you cite Du Wei - a relative flop - which is not disagreeing with FMcGWL's  post.

And so I still think you over reacted to his post.

 

 

Edited by antrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...