Welcome Mihai Popescu

2 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

We'll see how good him and Hladky really are on Wednesday.

And again v Hibs and again V Govan.Let's hope we feel the same way after that. 

Said already and so have other posters,  the midfield need to improve on picking up runners to provide cover. 

22 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If the midfield let Celtic through like we did Alloa on Saturday they will murder us. 

21 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

And again v Hibs and again V Govan.Let's hope we feel the same way after that. 

Said already and so have other posters,  the midfield need to improve on picking up runners to provide cover. 

I wonder who the worst culprit is?

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not keen on picking out individual players. Each can make a mistake but as a group we need to be better at picking up runners. 

It is the Captain's responsibility on the park to sort what needs sorted, and quickly . . . :thumbs2

Any good Captain knows this and does it . . .  :spud6

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not keen on picking out individual players. Each can make a mistake but as a group we need to be better at picking up runners. 

This is true but there is a certain individual that consistently lets his man go past without tracking the run, often resulting in us conceding!

Edited by Jack the lad

15 minutes ago, antrin said:

Fair comment.   :rolleyes:

Fair comment.

But. ..I use the "like" .. not just to agree but to acknowledge an argument being made even if I disagree or a point of onformatoon. Maybe not standard practice.

Edited by St.Ricky

24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Fair comment.

But. ..I use the "like" .. not just to agree but to acknowledge an argument being made even if I disagree or a point of onformatoon. Maybe not standard practice.

I thought you used them as bookmarks to remind yourself which posts you had read :P

On 1/21/2019 at 6:38 AM, Jack the lad said:

We'll see how good him and Hladky really are on Wednesday.

It’ll be more about them not making an error, or Popescu not losing his man. Celtic will have us pinned back for most of the game so they will be under immense pressure. In Hladky’s case it will be a matter of keeping the score down, not gifting away a goal and pulling off one or two saves that you’d have expected to go in. Popescu just needs to not make an individual error. 

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I thought you used them as bookmarks to remind yourself which posts you had read :P

It’ll be more about them not making an error, or Popescu not losing his man. Celtic will have us pinned back for most of the game so they will be under immense pressure. In Hladky’s case it will be a matter of keeping the score down, not gifting away a goal and pulling off one or two saves that you’d have expected to go in. Popescu just needs to not make an individual error. 

Cheeky beggar but your outline of how the match might be expected to go. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Fair comment.

Unfortunately, it looks like you are only trying to amass a big number of posts my friend and a number of them are unnecessary and just pack out threads.

I am not trying to have a go at you - there are plenty on here who do I know.  :spud7

47 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Is it Jack Baird ? 

NAW - he was great on Saturday and as usual, while others come and go - He is still here.

Is he not the longest continuous serving player still with us? Despite all the managerial changes, the new guys keep playing him . . . They cannot all be wrong :guinness

It is a midfielder he is talking about.. and it is obvious .