Welcome Mihai Popescu

43 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Unfortunately, it looks like you are only trying to amass a big number of posts my friend and a number of them are unnecessary and just pack out threads.

I am not trying to have a go at you - there are plenty on here who do I know.  :spud7

No offence intended but what it looks like bothers me not one bit.  Each to their own.  You do it your way.  Others do it their way.  Both are absolutely fine with me. 

Edited by St.Ricky

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

No offence intended but what it looks like bothers me not one bit.  Each to their own.  You do it your way.  Others do it their way.  Both are absolutely fine with me. 

Ricky, he's trying to help you here by explaining one of the things you do to piss people off.

He's telling you because you don't seem to know.

If you don't actually CARE that you piss people off then that's not a healthy position to be in.

I, for example, know exactly why I piss some people off but it's usually entirely the effect I was aiming for with specific individuals. I tend not to want to piss off entire swathes of the posters on here. There would really be no point in that.

I think you should listen to sweeper on this one but it's your choice.

Edited by oaksoft

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I, for example, know exactly why I piss some people off but it's usually entirely the effect I was aiming for with specific individuals. I tend not to want to piss off entire swathes of the posters on here. There would really be no point in that.

That could be his point. He's trying (and succeeding) to better you, which you acknowledge and competing at a higher level than one or two other posters. :)

13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

NAW - he was great on Saturday and as usual, while others come and go - He is still here.

Is he not the longest continuous serving player still with us? Despite all the managerial changes, the new guys keep playing him . . . They cannot all be wrong :guinness

It is a midfielder he is talking about.. and it is obvious . 

The Alloa strikers were turning him inside pretty much all game. He's played much better than he did on Saturday that's for sure. Would be bringing Ferdinand in tonight for sure. 

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The Alloa strikers were turning him inside pretty much all game. He's played much better than he did on Saturday that's for sure. Would be bringing Ferdinand in tonight for sure. 

I was wondering what game Sweeper was watching to suggest Baird had a great game. It was painful to watch at times, the part-time Alloa players were a class above. There were points he was backing off so much I assumed he was on his way to sit with Panda Club and leave Alloa to get on with running up the score. His distribution and general contribution on the ball was even worse.

Popescu also got done a couple of times. A Romanian journalist had posted on twitter he was poor in one on one situations, and this does look to be the case.

Anton should certainly be back in the team. He is slow but seems to be the only defender we have capable of taking the ball off the opposition strikers.

28 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Whisper it, but a certain Stephen McGinn can often be seen running at half pace towards our goal, just slightly behind play. :whistle

He was very guilty of this in our cup game against Aberdeen when JR was still manager, couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

20 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He was very guilty of this in our cup game against Aberdeen when JR was still manager, couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

He is featured as my favourite player, but that was on the back of the past season and a half when I thought he had held the midfield together and inspired those around him.

This year he seems out of touch. Perhaps the disruption at the beginning of the season didn't help, but we are on to a new regime now and there seems to be a different person playing out there. 

Maybe he has less time on the ball, or the players he is up against are that bit faster and have a touch more ability than what he has been used to, but against a Championship side on Saturday, his first half performance was very poor. The second half was slightly better but still not brilliant. 

Others have suggested that he isn't tracking back as much as they would like to see. That kind of player is probably younger and has a 'better engine' than SM and so far I haven't seen any midfielder in B&W colours this year carry out that role effectively. Maybe they are thin on the ground!

5 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

He is featured as my favourite player, but that was on the back of the past season and a half when I thought he had held the midfield together and inspired those around him.

This year he seems out of touch. Perhaps the disruption at the beginning of the season didn't help, but we are on to a new regime now and there seems to be a different person playing out there. 

Maybe he has less time on the ball, or the players he is up against are that bit faster and have a touch more ability than what he has been used to, but against a Championship side on Saturday, his first half performance was very poor. The second half was slightly better but still not brilliant. 

Others have suggested that he isn't tracking back as much as they would like to see. That kind of player is probably younger and has a 'better engine' than SM and so far I haven't seen any midfielder in B&W colours this year carry out that role effectively. Maybe they are thin on the ground!

I think it’s down to be on the front foot more on the Championship, meaning we could push higher up the park. He also had more mobility with someone like Kyle next to him, but doesn’t quite have that this year.

He’s not a Goody type midfielder where he’s sitting in and covering space when full backs push forward, and I don’t think it’s in his nature.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Ricky, he's trying to help you here by explaining one of the things you do to piss people off.

He's telling you because you don't seem to know.

If you don't actually CARE that you piss people off then that's not a healthy position to be in.

I think you should listen to sweeper on this one but it's your choice.

Thanks Oaky. I understood what Sweeper was saying. My reply was to say,essentially, each to their own. 

What both Sweeper and yourself are saying is that I am not playing by the "normal rules" on the Forum. 

I've already acknowledged that. I seldom take offence. I seldom enter into name calling of any sort. I don't troll people but I do say when I disagree. 

I enjoy people having alternative views from mine and I add "likes " to these as well as to people whose views I share. 

I start Match day Threads. I start threads on areas of interest to me and am glad to see that more folks are now doing the same. The Forum is, Trolling apart, in a healthier state than for some time. Great.

I do like going to games. I personally don't see the enjoyment to be has in watching football on TV from England or elsewhere but hey others do.

Am I stupid? 

That's for others to judge. 

Some will think yes and some no.

Do I try to wind people up indisciminately?  

No.

But..I do say it as I see it, aware that it might be unpopular or expressed in a different way. The forum suggests that it should be free to enable people to express opinions as posters see fit. The reality I may be challenging is whether or not members actually believe and practice that.

Heck..I even ask posters if they have recovered from a spell in hospital. Even if I did get pelters in return. 

Heck..I even give away tickets to others on the forum who might be able to use them when 1 or more of my group can't. 

Hey...I even share some personal anecdotes. Not the manly thing to do on the forum perhaps. I must admit that I have been greatly amused when some suggest Walter Mitty.  I'd like to see more people sharing their experiences as any I have met off line have travelled widely and met many interesting people and encountered many different situations. Great.

So am I a Rebel on The Forum?

Maybes Aye,Maybes Naw

Edited by St.Ricky

12 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Good post. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks Oaky. I understood what Sweeper was saying. My reply was to say,essentially, each to their own. 

What both Sweeper and yourself are saying is that I am not playing by the "normal rules" on the Forum. 

I've already acknowledged that. I seldom take offence. I seldom enter into name calling of any sort. I don't troll people but I do say when I disagree. 

I enjoy people having alternative views from mine and I add "likes " to these as well as to people whose views I share. 

I start Match day Threads. I start threads on areas of interest to me and am glad to see that more folks are now doing the same. The Forum is, Trolling apart, in a healthier state than for some time. Great.

I do like going to games. I personally don't see the enjoyment to be has in watching football on TV from England or elsewhere but hey others do.

Am I stupid? 

No.

But..I do say it as I see it, aware that it might be unpopular or expressed in a different way. The forum suggests that it should be free to enable people to express opinions as posters see fit. The reality I may be challenging is whether or not members actually believe and practice that.

Heck..I even ask posters if they have recovered from a spell in hospital. Even if I did get pelters in return. 

Heck..I even give away tickets to others on the forum who might be able to use them when 1 or more of my group can't. 

Hey...I even share some personal anecdotes. Not the manly thing to do on the forum perhaps. I must admit that I have been greatly amused when some suggest Walter Mitty.  I'd like to see more people sharing their experiences as any I have met off line have travelled widely and met many interesting people and encountered many different situations. Great.

Maybes Aye,Maybes Naw

Ricky, keep posting as you do. If people are pissed off they can ignore you, or set your posts to ignore, or even use their powers of resistance to avoid getting into dialogue with you.

Speaking honestly, it can be a bit annoying when you start threads for little reason, but you don't do it half as often as others, and you often have interesting things to say among a fair amount of waffle. Most of us are the same.

Stephen McGinn and Kyle Magennis are the best midfielders we have at the club by some distance. Unfortunately Stephen has had to do it on his own this season while Kyle is injured. He cannot track back in place of all 4 midfielders. Against Alloa they were ripping the pish out of our left as Flynn was nowhere to be seen.  Watch the highlights again at the chances Alloa made down the left. And watch Tansey for the two goals where he loses Trouten then Cawley for them both to score. McGinn isn't Messi however some seem to like having a pop at him. He set up two goals on Saturday - something no other midfielder does on a semi-regular basis. Are Edwards, Willock, McShane, Flynn, Hodson all better at tracking back? - I don't think so. Stephen McGinn may not be the best but he is by far the best we have.

I think Stephen McGinn plays far better when someone is there beside him to do the dirty work. Magennis does that very well, I think having Kyle McAllister nearby will be a big boost.. Not sure yet on Tansey, he let his man go against Alloa on a few occasions - hopefully just finding his feet. Would like to see Erhahon play defensive mid, feel that would release McGinn a bit and let him do the things he is good at

Edited by Doakes

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Stephen McGinn and Kyle Magennis are the best midfielders we have at the club by some distance. Unfortunately Stephen has had to do it on his own this season while Kyle is injured. He cannot track back in place of all 4 midfielders. Against Alloa they were ripping the pish out of our left as Flynn was nowhere to be seen.  Watch the highlights again at the chances Alloa made down the left. And watch Tansey for the two goals where he loses Trouten then Cawley for them both to score. McGinn isn't Messi however some seem to like having a pop at him. He set up two goals on Saturday - something no other midfielder does on a semi-regular basis. Are Edwards, Willock, McShane, Flynn, Hodson all better at tracking back? - I don't think so. Stephen McGinn may not be the best but he is by far the best we have.

I agree Sonny.  You express the position we are in very clearly.  I would only add (Thanks Sweeper) that he is Captain and should be making sure that each player is pulling their weight and carrying out their assigned roles.  If they don't or are just off form then it's up to the manager to hook the player if he thinks that is the right call. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I agree Sonny.  You express the position we are in very clearly.  I would only add (Thanks Sweeper) that he is Captain and should be making sure that each player is pulling their weight and carrying out their assigned roles.  If they don't or are just off form then it's up to the manager to hook the player if he thinks that is the right call. 

He is the Captain but the rest have not been up to the task as you can see in McGinn's frustration. Young McPherson tracks back but isn't getting game time. And OK's options have been limited by the pool he has. Let's hope that we bring in some decent players during the window - Lyons and McAllister look good  - we just need a couple more.

36 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Am I stupid? 

No.

Maybes Aye,Maybes Naw

And along with the Village Idiot, you accuse somebody of racism with no evidence whatsoever. 

That makes you a fud. 

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

I think Stephen McGinn plays far better when someone is there beside him to do the dirty work. Magennis does that very well, I think having Kyle McAllister nearby will be a big boost.. Not sure yet on Tansey, he let his man go against Alloa on a few occasions - hopefully just finding his feet. Would like to see Erhahon play defensive mid, feel that would release McGinn a bit and let him do the things he is good at

Tansey will come good, lacking match sharpness but it will come.

I think people are being harsh on S.McGinn. The last time we were in the SPL we had the likes of Hugh Murray, Gary Mason and Jim Goodwin taking up the defensive side of things. We haven’t had that since Goody left. People are looking at McGinn and the rest to do that, but that’s not their strength. We need to bring in someone who can do that side of the game, who is used it to and does it effectively.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think people are being harsh on S.McGinn. The last time we were in the SPL we had the likes of Hugh Murray, Gary Mason and Jim Goodwin taking up the defensive side of things. We haven’t had that since Goody left. People are looking at McGinn and the rest to do that, but that’s not their strength. We need to bring in someone who can do that side of the game, who is used it to and does it effectively.

I was literally about to add this as an afterthought to my initial post. 100% agree, we've been labouring without a proper DM for a few years now. You can get away with it in the Championship by being on the front foot. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

And along with the Village Idiot, you accuse somebody of racism with no evidence whatsoever. 

That makes you a fud. 

Not I Shull. I disagree with you on two things. One..the old firm and Two..The cost of football.  Apart from that I enjoy your posts. Actually, I enjoy the F Man's too when he keeps away from malingning people's mental health. Would dislike anybody doing that. The big difference is that these things are personal for you both. Not for me.