Welcome Mihai Popescu

8 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would like us to try and get Popescu signed up for next season, agreeing a fifty percent sell on fee might help us get a deal . Superb player , who I have no doubt will go on to better things

We already have the option to buy at the end of the season, no idea if a price has already been set, its in his signing news

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2483-mihai-popescu-joins-saints-on-loan-until-the-end-of-the-season

5 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

We already have the option to buy at the end of the season, no idea if a price has already been set, its in his signing news

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2483-mihai-popescu-joins-saints-on-loan-until-the-end-of-the-season

Hoping we can make it happen asap , he,s a very good players .

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would like us to try and get Popescu signed up for next season, agreeing a fifty percent sell on fee might help us get a deal . Superb player , who I have no doubt will go on to better things

Messi is a superb player..Popescu is average defender...

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's just a translation error. He is trying to get across how hard that rain was coming down rather than pass judgment on whether he liked it or not.

His attitude is great though.

Yeah, you can be amazed by something without loving it. 

+1 for loving his attitude, though.

I hope we stay up and keep him - but even if one or both of those things don't happen, it shows the club has an eye for a player once again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Popescu is not worth 350k. Yes if his passing was better but not at the moment. Very capable player but there will be lots of capable players available at a fraction of the cost. 
Agree on the valuation, however, his passing is not bad. It was terrible in all the matches after the split (don't know why) but prior to that is was good. And will be good again. Marshalled the defence well and won everything in the air. Not worth 350k to anyone, but we should be very interested at 100k.

Dinamo would surely know a club at St Mirren's level in Scotland would not spend 350k. He has been good, but not quite good enough to attract bigger clubs for him. Maybe another year loan or a transfer with a large sell on fee could be worked out.

Who would do a negotiation like this for us by the way? Gordon, Gus, or Tony Fitz? I certainly hope it is not the latter!