Welcome Mihai Popescu

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Confirmed as 'Trailist C' tonight in the game.

Bit strange that he's listed as a trialist, given he's just 'seeing out the last week of his loan'. :lol: 

He's got to be a trialist if he isn't employed by or on loan to the club I suppose.

Edited by stlucifer

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I think he was just playing funny buggers instead of going 'aye I've signed' before anything is official.

If it was the loan, why didn't Corbu join him? :P 

His loan period has not run out,  but his registration has, so he has to play as a trialist, until he is reregistered (if indeed he is staying) 

23 hours ago, JJ McG said:

But Sweeper said Gary Mac and Popescu weren’t signing? 🙃

NAW HE DIDNAE...  He said he "guessed" that we might not manage to get both resigned...(merely expressing an opinion) ! You struggling to read these days or is is anger tinted lenses you are using?

AND for the record, I would be delighted if we did manage both . . .

NAW HE DIDNAE...  He said he "guessed" that we might not manage to get both resigned...(merely expressing an opinion) ! You struggling to read these days or is is anger tinted lenses you are using?
AND for the record, I would be delighted if we did manage both . . .

Can you point out where you said “guessed”?

I suspect either Gary MacK or Popescu won't both be here for the season, possibly neither. Popescu is the more likely though...  :ninja

16 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Can you point out where you said “guessed”?

Sweeper might not be the cleverest among us but don't be such a pedant. He "suspects" is just as good as saying, "I don't know but I think", or, "I guess".

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While I was less than convinced with his ability to pass a ball he was a solid defender.

Surprised we let him go TBH as he was clearly a favourite with the majority of the support? 

Other than the two games against Dundee Utd his passing was generally pretty good. in my opinion. He was also more than decent at bringing the ball up the park rather than just launching it Scottish style, pity to see him. Hopefully the can maybe resurrect something before the window shuts!!

Just now, WeeBud said:

Other than the two games against Dundee Utd his passing was generally pretty good. in my opinion. He was also more than decent at bringing the ball up the park rather than just launching it Scottish style, pity to see him. Hopefully the can maybe resurrect something before the window shuts!!

I disagree, I spotted this habit, misplaced passes, some time before the Dundee United games.

No matter, he's gone, still a surprise. 

Again, overall, I would prefer him to stay, he can defend, not a trait all our defenders have.