Welcome Mihai Popescu

We were lucky to get Popescu in the first place due to the turmoil his club were in, although it was good business to land him. Can only assume it’s budget that’s the stumbling block; he’s been great for us and I’m sure we were desperate to keep him. Hopefully we can go down the same route that landed Muzek , Popescu and Hladky to uncover some more gems this season. Unfortunately the standard of technical ability of our average Scottish players isn’t great, although there are always exceptions. Hladky looks more comfortable with his ball at his feet than some of our homegrown outfield players. Our business when we got shot of Stubbs was excellent, so although it looks like we’ve lost Mihai, I’m reasonably optimistic.

56 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Can't really blame Popescu for wanting to move on, he's given us the chance to sign him - arrived keen to sign but we've not taken him up. Clearly budget must be an issue. Sad to see him go but these things happen. 

It hasn't been clarified that we are not pursuing a transfer. The newspapers are assuming due to his social media post that he was off for good. His loan deal ended on 30th June. He couldn't fly out with the squad to Spain as he is still contracted to Dinamo. We wouldn't have brought him back for the remainder of his loan deal if we didn't feel we were in a position to sign him. It's all about timings in my opinion. Wouldn't surprise me if we see Mihai back in a couple of weeks.

18 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

It hasn't been clarified that we are not pursuing a transfer. The newspapers are assuming due to his social media post that he was off for good. His loan deal ended on 30th June. He couldn't fly out with the squad to Spain as he is still contracted to Dinamo. We wouldn't have brought him back for the remainder of his loan deal if we didn't feel we were in a position to sign him. It's all about timings in my opinion. Wouldn't surprise me if we see Mihai back in a couple of weeks.

The person who brought him back is no longer at the club 

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

The Saints fan in the know wrote bigger fish are interested in Popescu. That does not surprise me. 

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's what he indicated FFS! :hammer

You are a dummy aren't you. I know, I was adding more information to his argument...

Try not commenting on everybody's posts - we will all be a whole lot happier . . .  :ninja

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

You are a dummy aren't you. I know, I was adding more information to his argument...

Try not commenting on everybody's posts - we will all be a whole lot happier . . .  :ninja

Pipe down, it's been a great spell recently when you've been ridiculed all over the forum. :lol:

Maybe away and play with all your imaginary friends............................and that includes god.  :hammer

Jog on........................:double

Just now, faraway saint said:

Pipe down, it's been a great spell recently when you've been ridiculed all over the forum. :lol:

Maybe away and play with all your imaginary friends............................and that includes god.  :hammer

Jog on........................:double

Aye happier for you to bore us with unrelenting drivel and nips at as many people as you can... my life is good, but I suspect yours does not have much positive in it whatsoever!

Jog on - aye you think you are in charge - what a twat you are !  :moony2

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Aye happier for you to bore us with unrelenting drivel and nips at as many people as you can... my life is good, but I suspect yours does not have much positive in it whatsoever!

Jog on - aye you think you are in charge - what a twat you are !  :moony2

Call me...................we can talk this over. :lol:

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Going to buy a good book, maybe go on holiday. Help out in the local smoke house. Anything till you have anything meaningful to write on the subject of the forum. St Mirren football club.

^^^^^^^ Like this? 

Here's something meaningful..................get your wife to check your posts before you post, it could save you looking like a twat. 🤡

12 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Maybe Oran’s leaving never had a hand in this , me I don’t know either way.

Money talks as you know mate. If agents can get a pay day they will go for it. Popescu hinted he may be back for me just not with us. Should have paid some kind of fee and put on a long contract. We would make a profit in my opinion.  That makes me think we will still be a yoyo club. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Money talks as you know mate. If agents can get a pay day they will go for it. Popescu hinted he may be back for me just not with us. Should have paid some kind of fee and put on a long contract. We would make a profit in my opinion.  That makes me think we will still be a yoyo club. 

We won’t be too keen to spend money on transfers after Stubbs screwed us with Heaton , Agree with Popescu we could have made a profit on but will we take that chance?