Welcome Mihai Popescu

This would be a great signing. A talented and composed centre half who would be a terrific asset to the team and loved by the vast majority of the support.

I believe he was on about £1700 or so a week and was close to signing for St Mirren in the summer. We were going to pay 70% of this but at last minute Bucharest changed goalposts and wanted us to pay 100% as he was in last year of his contract and that just wasn't going happen.

Would genuinely love to get him back on a permanent deal for say 2 and half years as at a great age and if he does well he could get himself a big move for a reasonable fee in a year or so if he does well to England.

Fingers crossed we see big Popescu back doing some of his magic on Gilmour Street with the Bankhouse boys this summer.

1 hour ago, Mr Zo said:

This would be a great signing. A talented and composed centre half who would be a terrific asset to the team and loved by the vast majority of the support.

I believe he was on about £1700 or so a week and was close to signing for St Mirren in the summer. We were going to pay 70% of this but at last minute Bucharest changed goalposts and wanted us to pay 100% as he was in last year of his contract and that just wasn't going happen.

Would genuinely love to get him back on a permanent deal for say 2 and half years as at a great age and if he does well he could get himself a big move for a reasonable fee in a year or so if he does well to England.

Fingers crossed we see big Popescu back doing some of his magic on Gilmour Street with the Bankhouse boys this summer.

The guy Rosu was the journalist who broke Popescu was coming last January.

I think he was on €4000 per month and we covered his full wage last season if I remember the report correctly.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat. Knows the club, but more importantly knows his position.

Fingers crossed.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat. Knows the club, but more importantly knows his position.

Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

C'mon ffs its agent talk. Wht the hell would he come here if he has better offers?
He'll be angling for a new/better contract where he is.

Great you have so much inside information on this - we must all believe you know more but have not dripped it all out yet. 😁

No doubt though the agent, his club and the player are looking at what they can get.

Whether we are part of the discussions or not, we will soon know, but we clearly need a couple of fit CB's brought in...

23 hours ago, lovestlegend said:

Felt he started well in his loan spell but faded badly. Was a liability in the first leg at Tannadice.

Kearney played him on the left of a back three which was a mistake, but United were not good enough to really expose the way we were set up. The good games outweighed any poor games by a mile....

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
have you been on the sauce this early LPM?

No no... just suffering from premature predictive text. How it changed "that" to "fantastic" though is a mystery

It didn't. May I suggest it was "can't"? My prediction.

Edited by stlucifer