St.Ricky

Welcome Mihai Popescu

2 hours ago, munoz said:

The big man has been outstanding since arriving and seems to be enjoying things (bar the rain)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/mihai-popescu-tips-wins-come-14088641

Buddy, I take a totally different view. He said the rain was amazing. I think he loved it. And that it a great window into his attitude to life.  Oran seems to be recruiting strong minded life loving characters.

22 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Buddy, I take a totally different view. He said the rain was amazing. I think he loved it. And that it a great window into his attitude to life.  Oran seems to be recruiting strong minded life loving characters.

It's just a translation error. He is trying to get across how hard that rain was coming down rather than pass judgment on whether he liked it or not.

His attitude is great though.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Best signing of the window

He wins everything in the air and covers so much ground.....................

We stay up- it will be down to our new signings, just need the Duck to start laying

I think the improvement in our performances shows that there are a number of challengers for the best signing in the window - I believe that it is best to judge at the end of the season - who knows who will stay fit etc. Popescu is top notch though I agree. The big deal though is he and Baird play really well together too.

Think you are being a wee bit hard on the Duck  -  I know some believe he was expected to be better than he has shown so far, but I had a wee look at the 6 games he has played in for us since he arrived:-

He has played for 46 minutes in 1 game; about 60 minutes in 3 others, 69 minutes in 1 other and only played the full 90 in 1.

He has scored 2 goals in 6 games - I take from these things that (a) He is not fully fit yet for 90 minutes, (b) 1 in 3 strike rate when he is still getting up to speed is not too shabby.

:bounce2

8 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would like us to try and get Popescu signed up for next season, agreeing a fifty percent sell on fee might help us get a deal . Superb player , who I have no doubt will go on to better things

We already have the option to buy at the end of the season, no idea if a price has already been set, its in his signing news

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2483-mihai-popescu-joins-saints-on-loan-until-the-end-of-the-season

5 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

We already have the option to buy at the end of the season, no idea if a price has already been set, its in his signing news

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2483-mihai-popescu-joins-saints-on-loan-until-the-end-of-the-season

Hoping we can make it happen asap , he,s a very good players .

Amen to that brother he is very good , one of the best defenders I have seen at the buds so far comfortable defending and going forward, we have had lots of good defenders but less comfortable on the ball

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would like us to try and get Popescu signed up for next season, agreeing a fifty percent sell on fee might help us get a deal . Superb player , who I have no doubt will go on to better things

Messi is a superb player..Popescu is average defender...

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's just a translation error. He is trying to get across how hard that rain was coming down rather than pass judgment on whether he liked it or not.

His attitude is great though.

Yeah, you can be amazed by something without loving it. 

+1 for loving his attitude, though.

I hope we stay up and keep him - but even if one or both of those things don't happen, it shows the club has an eye for a player once again.