Welcome Mihai Popescu

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Money talks as you know mate. If agents can get a pay day they will go for it. Popescu hinted he may be back for me just not with us. Should have paid some kind of fee and put on a long contract. We would make a profit in my opinion.  That makes me think we will still be a yoyo club. 

BBC report stating his club wanted £350k. We simply cannot afford to pay that in this day and age.  So, it's not just 'some kind of fee' but a significant amount.

2 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

BBC report stating his club wanted £350k. We simply cannot afford to pay that in this day and age.  So, it's not just 'some kind of fee' but a significant amount.

This figure has been thrown about for ages, and the BBC have picked up on it IMO.

Nobody can be sure what the demands were, let alone the fecking BBC. 

If we had received the J McGinn cash this close season,  I'd have been tempted to invest some of it in Popescu. Unfortunately it looks like most of that is gone now and it looks like we cant spend money we simply dont have. 

I just hope we are still using the same contacts that brought us the European lads. You never know,  we might land someone similar or better. 

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

The Official Site saying that agreement had been reached for new loan but Mihai’s reps changed the demands.

As we saw recently with the young Motherwell player, things do go wrong in transfers for many reasons 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:53 PM, rabuddies said:

This may have a bit to run yet.  His club want to move him on and the agent wants a bigger cut.  End of the window might bring a change if he hasn't moved on by then.

^^^ This, I did say I was not overly convinced we would re-sign both MacK and Popescu - but I do have a feeling that this is not over yet...

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, Sweeper07 said:

I suspect either Gary MacK or Popescu won't both be here for the season, possibly neither.  :ninja

3 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

😂😂 aye so you did.

My quote is attached above - eye on YOUR FACE hufster  😎

On 7/2/2019 at 4:35 PM, Sweeper07 said:

You are a dummy aren't you. I know, I was adding more information to his argument...

Try not commenting on everybody's posts - we will all be a whole lot happier . . .  :ninja

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So having an opinion is not okay for some posters then - you are a total twat !!!!:bounce2

^^^^^ Almost in tears. :lol:

You are having a nightmare, I'm loving it. 🤡

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

He's not clever enough to be a twat.

Then again, neither are you. emoji1.png

Believe what YOU like... the Rabbit did not beat the Tortoise . . . and in reality neither evolved from the other or from a fish....   😎

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Believe what YOU like... the Rabbit did not beat the Tortoise . . . and in reality neither evolved from the other or from a fish....   😎

In reality? Reality and religion are akin to an oxymoron. And only the former can be true.

When the lawyers were sorting out Oran's "mutual consent" deal weren't we told by ITK fans that Popescu had already signed? Now that Mihai has left it's strange the club have made a statement saying they were going to sign Popescu but the player or his representatives were pushing for more money. Perhaps that's a cover for we never had the £150k -£350k in the first place?!

As far as I'm aware we rarely comment on why loan deals aren't made permanent.

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

When the lawyers were sorting out Oran's "mutual consent" deal weren't we told by ITK fans that Popescu had already signed? Now that Mihai has left it's strange the club have made a statement saying they were going to sign Popescu but the player or his representatives were pushing for more money. Perhaps that's a cover for we never had the £150k -£350k in the first place?!

As far as I'm aware we rarely comment on why loan deals aren't made permanent.

It was another loan deal not a permanent signing