Sign in to follow this  
herman_munster

Indians in Space

3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Big tackity boots ! No one likes a taste of their own medicine. .

I don't care how anyone wishes to dress it up , having a space programme when your people don't have proper sanitation is , ludicrous. That goes for spending billions to defend a people who are already dying in their droves from poverty too. Defending them from what ? 

He just does not get it that should not come as a surprise given his stance on UK poverty. Maggie would be very proud of him. 

33 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He just does not get it that should not come as a surprise given his stance on UK poverty. Maggie would be very proud of him. 

Every time I see a wee notification that you have responded to a topic I have to check it's not Christmas Day again. The gift that keeps giving. :lol:

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Unless you are an Indian citizen I would suggest you need to take a nice warm cup of calm the f**k down.

Jeez.

Indians are perfectly capable of running their own country without people like you pontificating from on high. :lol:

Yep , you’re right . Indians ARE perfectly capable of running their own country . Just not very good at getting 30% of their population out of extreme poverty . But hey , it’s only the UN saying that. What the f**k  do they know ?

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It may already have enough money for sanitation and water supplies. Spending on these things would also be an investment.

The question for the Indian government is which is a better investment in the longer term.

The key point distinction I was making was that the space exploration is an investment whilst handing money to poor people is a cost. You cannot solve poverty without putting money into investments instead of costs.

Holy shit .

you are actually promoting space exploration as an investment idea to solve poverty ?!?  

You are a f**king space cadet mate. 

57 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Holy shit .

you are actually promoting space exploration as an investment idea to solve poverty ?!?  

You are a f**king space cadet mate. 

I do love the way people attempt to misrepresent what I have said and then follow that with a judgement. :lol:

As you well know, I said no such thing you cheeky rascal. :lol:

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep , you’re right . Indians ARE perfectly capable of running their own country . Just not very good at getting 30% of their population out of extreme poverty . But hey , it’s only the UN saying that. What the f**k  do they know ?

You brought up the UN, not me. I'm making no comment on that.

All I said was that we should leave Indians to solve their own problems unless they specifically ask for our help.

White people have been wrongly and arrogantly assuming that brown and black people need protecting from themselves and that only white people are educated enough to be able to do this for them, for generations. Look how that turned out.

After all the damage we have done over the centuries by dabbling in the affairs of others, I think it's time we shut the f**k up and left these people alone to work out what works for them.

Can you imagine how we would feel if the good people of Madras had a whipround for the apparently poverty stricken people of Castlemilk and/or started sending people here to walk around the estates handing out blankets that nobody had asked for simply because they ASSUMED we would need it?

There is a serious self-awareness problem when it comes to do-gooders in the western world.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I do love the way people attempt to misrepresent what I have said and then follow that with a judgement. :lol:

As you well know, I said no such thing you cheeky rascal. :lol:

I would suggest you either need to have a look at the last two sentences of your post either agree that is indeed what you were getting at or rewrite it in such a way that would not be interpreted as so. 

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

All I said was that we should leave Indians to solve their own problems unless they specifically ask for our help.

White people have been wrongly and arrogantly assuming that brown and black people need protecting from themselves and that only white people are educated enough to be able to do this for them, for generations. Look how that turned out.

After all the damage we have done over the centuries by dabbling in the affairs of others, I think it's time we shut the f**k up and left these people alone to work out what works for them.

Can you imagine how we would feel if the good people of Madras had a whipround for the apparently poverty stricken people of Castlemilk and/or started sending people here to walk around the estates handing out blankets that nobody had asked for simply because they ASSUMED we would need it?

There is a serious self-awareness problem when it comes to do-gooders in the western world.

OK , the next time my son and his mates fly Blankets, water and baby milk to war torn , disaster stricken or famine hit countries while under fire I’ll tell him he’s just plain rude and he should wait until asked. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Unless you are an Indian citizen I would suggest you need to take a nice warm cup of calm the f**k down.

Jeez.

Indians are perfectly capable of running their own country without people like you pontificating from on high. :lol:

WOW , the pontificator accuses another of pontificating . .nice . .

58 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I would suggest you either need to have a look at the last two sentences of your post either agree that is indeed what you were getting at or rewrite it in such a way that would not be interpreted as so. 

Nope. It's not my problem if you can't interpret a fairly simple set of sentences.

Don't turn your problem into my problem.

Cheeky bastard. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

56 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

OK , the next time my son and his mates fly Blankets, water and baby milk to war torn , disaster stricken or famine hit countries while under fire I’ll tell him he’s just plain rude and he should wait until asked. 

It's your son. You can say whatever you like to him. Not sure why you are telling me this though. :huh:

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep , you are right . I can’t understand why I’m talking to you either. 

And yet you continue to do so.

Just kindly f**k off and do us both a favour.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

And yet you continue to do so.

Just kindly f**k off and do us both a favour.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice as you continue to respond to my posts.

Please , if you insist on stalking me please try and make your posts interesting .

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think the British need to shut the feck up when its down to how to run a country. This is a stupid thread , some need to climb off their high horse. The Empire is dead, get over it

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Actually, the UK is to hand over £98m  to India in aid between this and next year. Despite the fact that it has has spent almost the same on a lunar probe - now it is actually giving out more foreign aid than it receives. As part of the UK's aid budget, the Department for International Development will give £52m this year and a further £46m in 2019/20

2 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

Actually, the UK is to hand over £98m  to India in aid between this and next year. Despite the fact that it has has spent almost the same on a lunar probe - now it is actually giving out more foreign aid than it receives. As part of the UK's aid budget, the Department for International Development will give £52m this year and a further £46m in 2019/20

Yes and I seem to remember the Indians sayinga few years ago they weren't asking for money from the UK and didn't require it.

The UK seemed awfully keen to keep donating. It's nothing to do with poverty and everything to do with politics and trade.

This isn't a cost to the UK. It's an investment. Massive difference.

Edited by oaksoft

Yes and I seem to remember the Indians sayinga few years ago they weren't asking for money from the UK and didn't require it.
The UK seemed awfully keen to keep donating. It's nothing to do with poverty and everything to do with politics and trade.
Could also be argued its a form of reparations.

I think the British need to shut the feck up when its down to how to run a country. This is a stupid thread , some need to climb off their high horse. The Empire is dead, get over it

Well, I like to consider my Scottish rather than British but I don’t think I will “shut the feck up “ if you don’t mind.
You know f**k all about about running a football club but you sure have a lot to say about it...... but hey , isn’t that what a public forum is all about .

P.s. I do not now , nor never have, owned a Horse , high or otherwise.

23 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Could also be argued its a form of reparations.

That's actually a pretty decent point.

23 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Worth remembering that whenever it became fashionable to only be interested in personal gain , oakstur was right at the front of that bandwagon . He also advocates the drugging of primary school weans (as long as they are not his obviously) , he clearly dusnae really give a flying f**k about anyone else on the planet. .

3 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Worth remembering that whenever it became fashionable to only be interested in personal gain , oakstur was right at the front of that bandwagon . He also advocates the drugging of primary school weans (as long as they are not his obviously) , he clearly dusnae really give a flying f**k about anyone else on the planet. .

You keep saying this and I keep wondering why you think all of this is a bad thing. :lol:

Caring deeply doesn't seem to have helped improve your life much, you miserable c**t.

Thinking only about myself and my family leaves me stress free and pretty happy with life.

Every other f**ker can take responsibility for their own lives. They don't need me to do it for them.

Edited by oaksoft

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You keep saying this and I keep wondering why you think all of this is a bad thing. :lol:

Caring deeply doesn't seem to have helped improve your life much, you miserable c**t.

Thinking only about myself and my family leaves me stress free and pretty happy with life.

Every other f**ker can take responsibility for their own lives. They don't need me to do it for them.

Language Timothy ! I think you better go and talk for a bit lest you get accused of stalking now. .you self-centred little man. .