Welcome Vaclav Hladky

Our new keeper did not appear to have excited many on here so far - 2 posts before this one.

He stood up well on Saturday and gave us some confidence that he will be solid for the rest of the season if he keeps fit.

Good Signing ! Welcome to the best team in Paisley !  :boxing

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Our new keeper did not appear to have excited many on here so far - 2 posts before this one.

I think most people were sticking to the Arrivals thread tbf.

Good to hear he had a good game. He had absolutely no chance with the goals, both well placed finishes.

He made a couple of good saves in the first half and generally comfortable all around. He also looked strong at corners. 

Couldn't understand why the Alloa fans were giving it the big, 'wooooooaaaahhhh' every time he had the ball as if he was dodgy. He never done thing wrong.

Suppose it was justice for all their pish that it was their own goalie who later made the biggest balls up in the match. :lol:

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

He stood up well on Saturday and gave us some confidence that he will be solid for the rest of the season if he keeps fit.

Good Signing ! Welcome to the best team in Paisley !  :boxing

Undoubtedly. 

I liked him. Not had a keeper for ages that inspires confidence from corners and that punch nearly reached the half way line! Thought he was quick and sharp. Time will tell but certainly looks a useful upgrade. Every chance he'll get a stiff workout on Wednesday.

• 1 month later...

I’ve now said several times that, I really like our big goalie,

two caveats, though...

1.  I am unsure if I qualify as being “older”.

2.  I’ll reserve comparative judgement till I see how Hladky behaves in the final minutes of a European match when Saints are leading with no chance of cocking it up...

I’ve now said several times that, I really like our big goalie,
two caveats, though...
1.  I am unsure if I qualify as being “older”.
2.  I’ll reserve comparative judgement till I see how Hladky behaves in the final minutes of a European match when Saints are leading with no chance of cocking it up...

Point 2 contradicts point 1 above resulting in automatic qualification for the older category.

(Anyone who was there that fateful evening qualifies )

Billy Thomson was a better keeper than Money. I think his reputation was damaged by the odd well publicised cock up in the odd cup semi final.

Hladky bears more than a passing resemblance to BT, both in looks and ability.

Thomson is still goalie coach at Killie. He must be in his 60's now and still only looks about 35.