Welcome Vaclav Hladky

20 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hladky’s agent is posting videos online of saves he has made. Never a good sign, usually means they want to get them a transfer 

I suspect there are already a few clubs showing interest , as he,s been quite decent and there's quite a bit of footage of him playing the or Saints that scouts can check out .He has also showed he can settle in and play in the UK which helps . Hope we get a decent price , and his agent had another decent keeper he can punt in our direction . Nothing like a wee success story .

• 3 months later...

Vaclav in today's PDE stating that he is staying and is very happy to be here and that all the people at the club are good guys.. He says that although he is aware of the offer from Qarabag, he's happy here with his family and that they love the style and culture and want to stay here.

Of course matters can change, but these are words from the man himself.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Vaclav in today's PDE stating that he is staying and is very happy to be here and that all the people at the club are good guys.. He says that although he is aware of the offer from Qarabag, he's happy here with his family and that they love the style and culture and want to stay here.

Great - then get him to sign a contract extension before he changes his mind!  :ninja

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Thats superb news - like you say things can change quickly but at least they're starting from a good place!

Arguably the best signing we have made in recent years

On 4/9/2019 at 2:43 PM, Ethan said:

Money was the best we had but also liked Hinchcliffe. Thomson was good buy fell apart in semi finals. Hladcky looks the best in a long while. 

Yes Thompson was good but Dennis Connaghan was the best keep I ever saw play for the Buddies

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would not surprise me if we sell clearly we need funds to get Goodwin's targets over the line. For me it would be the right decision.  

IF.... we can get the right personnel in and quickly!

if Qarabag, or whoever may be in for him have along drawn out process to try and get the best deal we might be scampering around at the close of the window trying to make the right signings?

Would not surprise me if we sell clearly we need funds to get Goodwin's targets over the line. For me it would be the right decision.  

Unfortunately agree with this, but only for the right price. He’s only been here half a season, so hard to compare him with great Saints keepers from the past, especially with the change in the back pass rule, but I think he’s the best I’ve seen, including Thompson and Money, who were my heroes when I was a wee lad.

Vaclav is a great 'keeper but if selling him can fund 3 or 4 outfield players then it is worth it.

eta; so we are talking at least 500,000 transfer fee. This mob have the money so tell them to cough up.

Edited by Kemp

As I said elsewhere I got the worries when Dean Lyness re-signed. Remember he declined an offer from us to sign for League 1 Raith Rovers last year because he wanted first team football Yet he's back. So he must think he's going to be number 1 very soon

VH has nothing to lose if he was to sign a better and extended contract - he'll be quids in and if the right offer comes in, he'll be bound to be on better terms if he moved and we would get some money. Win win.
Always hoped he'd sign an extension, with a release clause that both club and player (and agent) are happy with (can live with).

If we need money to find 5 new players then there is major problems. Surely we have cash to get players considering we have hardly anyone signed and the ones we do have are clearly very poor . I would have thought that if he is happy then let’s build our team around him let’s show some ambition and hope that we can have a good season. This is our chance to be better than a relegation candidate and keeping our best player is crucial. If we sell him then it speaks volumes about the situation we are in. 

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Vaclav is a great 'keeper but if selling him can fund 3 or 4 outfield players then it is worth it.

eta; so we are talking at least 500,000 transfer fee. This mob have the money so tell them to cough up.

Indeed.

Try and screw as much money as we can out of them. Give them an overinflated figure and tell them to match it.

Would settle for £400K , but £500K would be lovely.😊

Although, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Vaclav could bide his time, have a stormer of a season, and pick up a gig nearer to home.

However, Qarabag seem to be able to offer massive wages.

Anyway, the sooner this is sorted the better.

Would love him to stay though.

Edited by FTOF

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

As I said elsewhere I got the worries when Dean Lyness re-signed. Remember he declined an offer from us to sign for League 1 Raith Rovers last year because he wanted first team football Yet he's back. So he must think he's going to be number 1 very soon

Lyness didn't decline an offer, he was released.

13 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
21 minutes ago, melmac said:
VH has nothing to lose if he was to sign a better and extended contract - he'll be quids in and if the right offer comes in, he'll be bound to be on better terms if he moved and we would get some money. Win win.

Always hoped he'd sign an extension, with a release clause that both club and player (and agent) are happy with (can live with).

His ultimate aim is to play in Egland so you never know. Ultimately it his decision if an offer comes in.