Welcome Vaclav Hladky

26 minutes ago, Danny said:

As I said elsewhere I got the worries when Dean Lyness re-signed. Remember he declined an offer from us to sign for League 1 Raith Rovers last year because he wanted first team football Yet he's back. So he must think he's going to be number 1 very soon

He never declined an offer from what i believe. We had Rodgers and Hladky on our books. Due to the terms of Rodgers loan deal, we couldnt send him back even when he was injured. I have a feeling there was a word in his ear saying if you keep yourself fit at Raith, the doors open end of season when we get a couple of players off the books.

21 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

If we need money to find 5 new players then there is major problems. Surely we have cash to get players considering we have hardly anyone signed and the ones we do have are clearly very poor . I would have thought that if he is happy then let’s build our team around him let’s show some ambition and hope that we can have a good season. This is our chance to be better than a relegation candidate and keeping our best player is crucial. If we sell him then it speaks volumes about the situation we are in. 

I dont think that is the issue. To me it seems we are going for a better quality of player rather than squad fillers. These ones arent as easy to get over the line compared to non-league players we brought in last season.

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Try and screw as much money as we can out of them. Give them an overinflated figure and tell them to match it.

Would settle for £400K , but £500K would be lovely.😊

Although, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Vaclav could bide his time, have a stormer of a season, and pick up a gig nearer to home.

However, Qarabag seem to be able to offer massive wages.

Anyway, the sooner this is sorted the better.

Would love him to stay though.

Goggs would burn through £500k in less than a season if the past 3 years are anything to go by... almost £2m received in transfer fees and compensation in 3 seasons (after years of having almost no income from this source), 'record season ticket sales', and our highest share of prizemoney in 4 or 5 years, we'll be loaded and unveiling the quality signings any year now.

20 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

He never declinewindow adding another wagen an offer from what i believe. t We had Rodgers and Hladky on our books. Due to the terms of Rodgers loan deal, we couldnt send him back even when he was injured. I have a feeling there was a word in his ear saying if you keep yourself fit at Raith, the doors open end of season when we get a couple of players off the books.

Doesn't add up mate

We signed another keeper on loan IN the same window so wage bill isn't the reason why he didn't sign

We needed a keeper obviously and we could afford to pay one

So why tell him to wait till the wage bill went down and then sign someone else? And I'm sure there was a statement somewhere that he moved for first team football

Edited by Danny

Guest TPAFKATS
Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but Hladky posted a picture of him and his wife at parkhead presumably at the Celtic festival. Why is he there? Not sure I’m entirely comfortable with our players hanging around other premier league clubs
Think the festival was at sec/hydro. Not sure why Hladky was at Celtic Park. His post was relating to spending time with his wife though.

Ill judged at worst from the romantic soppy git or 500k and a sell on clause?

On 7/23/2019 at 11:53 PM, Danny said:

We signed another keeper on loan IN the same window so wage bill isn't the reason why he didn't sign

The potential to sign Hladky was possible on the horizon and at that point Lyness had only played four times for us. Rogers was fit at this point so it made sense to bring in Hladky and have Rogers as backup. Rogers got injured a couple of weeks later so then we had to bring in Holmes too. I’m glad we brought in Hladky over Lyness, we only landed ourselves with an outstanding keeper.

8 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but Hladky posted a picture of him and his wife at parkhead presumably at the Celtic festival. Why is he there? Not sure I’m entirely comfortable with our players hanging around other premier league clubs

Not an issue 

not sure why you are bothered 

9 hours ago, Big Yards said:

McGowan used to hang around the East End often.

11 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The potential to sign Hladky was possible on the horizon and at that point Lyness had only played four times for us. Rogers was fit at this point so it made sense to bring in Hladky and have Rogers as backup. Rogers got injured a couple of weeks later so then we had to bring in Holmes too. I’m glad we brought in Hladky over Lyness, we only landed ourselves with an outstanding keeper.

We also had the option of not having to mutually consent the Scotland U19 goalkeeper we had on our bench when we drew 0-0 with Celtic in Oran Kearney's first game. But I suppose it was very important that the head of the youth academy was allowed to ban him from playing for any St Mirren team (and lose his Scotland place) for sending info on an app in late. (Alfred Morelos spent less time suspended for his sendings off -usually for kicking opponents off the ball during competitive matches last season - than our reserve goalkeeper for his misdemeanor).

Goalkeepers who played for us last season or when on the bench: Samson, Rogers, Muir, Lyness, Hladky, Holmes. 6 goalkeepers in 1 season where we had 43 players in the first team in 2018.

And some people reckon we still have lots of cash in the bank after transfer fees received for John McGinn, Kyle McAllister, Jason Naismith, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We also had the option of not having to mutually consent the Scotland U19 goalkeeper we had on our bench when we drew 0-0 with Celtic in Oran Kearney's first game. But I suppose it was very important that the head of the youth academy was allowed to ban him from playing for any St Mirren team (and lose his Scotland place) for sending info on an app in late. (Alfred Morelos spent less time suspended for his sendings off -usually for kicking opponents off the ball during competitive matches last season - than our reserve goalkeeper for his misdemeanor).

Goalkeepers who played for us last season or when on the bench: Samson, Rogers, Muir, Lyness, Hladky, Holmes. 6 goalkeepers in 1 season where we had 43 players in the first team in 2018.

And some people reckon we still have lots of cash in the bank after transfer fees received for John McGinn, Kyle McAllister, Jason Naismith, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan.

Time will tell if Muir was a loss or not. We didn’t have much choice at the time to have him as backup against the filth with Rogers being injured first time round.

In fairness that goalkeeper number isn’t bad when broken down. No one is complaining about acquiring Hladky. Sammy got his big coaching move. Rogers was the other of the original two but spent half his time injured and was gash for us. Muir had to fill the bench, Lyness was signed to Jan - basically as backup to Sammy and cover for Rogers until he returned from injury. We thought Lyness might stay after Sammy went but again, signing Hladky and letting Lyness go was a no brainer, we haven’t had a keeper like Vaclav in a long time (certainly best of my time supporting Saints). Then it’s steady, then Rogers gets injured again and we were forced into bringing in Holmes. Had Lyness’ contract run for another 2-3 weeks we’d have probably kept him for the season.

Unfortunately we have lots of deluded fans on that point. Might as well add in the fees for Kenny McLean and Ross Stewart (ST).

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Time will tell if Muir was a loss or not. We didn’t have much choice at the time to have him as backup against the filth with Rogers being injured first time round.

In fairness that goalkeeper number isn’t bad when broken down. No one is complaining about acquiring Hladky. Sammy got his big coaching move. Rogers was the other of the original two but spent half his time injured and was gash for us. Muir had to fill the bench, Lyness was signed to Jan - basically as backup to Sammy and cover for Rogers until he returned from injury. We thought Lyness might stay after Sammy went but again, signing Hladky and letting Lyness go was a no brainer, we haven’t had a keeper like Vaclav in a long time (certainly best of my time supporting Saints). Then it’s steady, then Rogers gets injured again and we were forced into bringing in Holmes. Had Lyness’ contract run for another 2-3 weeks we’d have probably kept him for the season.

Unfortunately we have lots of deluded fans on that point. Might as well add in the fees for Kenny McLean and Ross Stewart (ST).

And the compensation for Jack Ross to Sunderland...🤐

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

My cut off point for transfer income was when GLS became chairman. We've also brought in compensation for Jack Ross and James Fowler on top of player transfers... and then mutually consented oodles of player / manager / coach contracts in those same 3 years.

21 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Having never seen Muir play I take a neutral view on whether he could have become our No.1 or would have succeeded at our level in the long run. I've mentioned him as an example of our wastefulness, we don't have many reserve players at Scotland youth level, and had circumstances been different in our youth academy we could well have gone through the season without signing a few goalkeepers less than we had to last season and saved ourselves some cash and maybe helped a young player on our own books developed into the bargain (surely the point of having a youth academy).

What's the story with Muir and late info on an app?

Having never seen Muir play I take a neutral view on whether he could have become our No.1 or would have succeeded at our level in the long run. I've mentioned him as an example of our wastefulness, we don't have many reserve players at Scotland youth level, and had circumstances been different in our youth academy we could well have gone through the season without signing a few goalkeepers less than we had to last season and saved ourselves some cash and maybe helped a young player on our own books developed into the bargain (surely the point of having a youth academy).