Welcome Vaclav Hladky

8 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Having never seen Muir play I take a neutral view on whether he could have become our No.1 or would have succeeded at our level in the long run. I've mentioned him as an example of our wastefulness, we don't have many reserve players at Scotland youth level, and had circumstances been different in our youth academy we could well have gone through the season without signing a few goalkeepers less than we had to last season and saved ourselves some cash and maybe helped a young player on our own books developed into the bargain (surely the point of having a youth academy).

Has he been signed up elsewhere yet?

Guest TPAFKATS
Ask Allan McManus or Andy Webster.
This is poor DOP.
Youve hinted, alluded etc to an issue but won't elaborate on it. No one can really ask either of the two coaches you have mentioned and even if we could I wouldn't expect either to divulge.
So we've got your rumour and innuendo with no clarity.

16 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Having never seen Muir play I take a neutral view on whether he could have become our No.1 or would have succeeded at our level in the long run. I've mentioned him as an example of our wastefulness, we don't have many reserve players at Scotland youth level, and had circumstances been different in our youth academy we could well have gone through the season without signing a few goalkeepers less than we had to last season and saved ourselves some cash and maybe helped a young player on our own books developed into the bargain (surely the point of having a youth academy).

The lad not managing to pick up a new club at any professional level is telling enough on his ability. Getting a Scotland Under 19 cap is completely irrelevant. If you don't think so go back and look at Scotland under 19 squads over the last 10-15 years and see how many players actually made it as professionals/ our level. 

Muir was a former Rangers youth player, one of two teams who's youngsters generally get favoured, The cap potentially could just have been a hangover from that before we realised he wasn't going to make the grade. 

Still I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Hladky. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Anyhow, no news is good news on our goalie.

IMO the best player we have and worth a whole bag of points throughout the season.

God help us if we lost him, especially as time creeps ever closer to the start of the league campaign. 

If we lose him, do we play with ten players and no goalkeeper ? 

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

This is poor DOP.
Youve hinted, alluded etc to an issue but won't elaborate on it. No one can really ask either of the two coaches you have mentioned and even if we could I wouldn't expect either to divulge.
So we've got your rumour and innuendo with no clarity.

I'm not the one who has acted poorly in this episode at all.  I have two reasons for not elaborating about it on the forum but I would suggest that fans who would like to see us maintain our good reputation for bringing through young players under David Longwell might want to take more of  an interest in the academy set up after David Longwell.

Longwell brought through Stephen and John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Sean Kelly, Jason Naismith, Kyle McAllister, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan,  either from an early age or by picking them up as teenagers when Rangers academy deemed them surplus to requirements. In the three years since Alex Rae appointed him who has our current youth academy director brought through into first team football who wasn't already on our books before he arrived?

Many of the players I've listed from Longwell's era at the academy represented us at Scotland youth international levels and the club celebrated their achievements, and we got varying amounts of transfer fees for all those players bar Sean Kelly I think.  All of which is a stark contrast to what happened last season.

36 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm not the one who has acted poorly in this episode at all.  I have two reasons for not elaborating about it on the forum but I would suggest that fans who would like to see us maintain our good reputation for bringing through young players under David Longwell might want to take more of  an interest in the academy set up after David Longwell.

Longwell brought through Stephen and John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Sean Kelly, Jason Naismith, Kyle McAllister, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan,  either from an early age or by picking them up as teenagers when Rangers academy deemed them surplus to requirements. In the three years since Alex Rae appointed him who has our current youth academy director brought through into first team football who wasn't already on our books before he arrived?

Many of the players I've listed from Longwell's era at the academy represented us at Scotland youth international levels and the club celebrated their achievements, and we got varying amounts of transfer fees for all those players bar Sean Kelly I think.  All of which is a stark contrast to what happened last season.

Don't crucify me if I am wrong, but Erhahon, MacPherson, Breadner, Glover , McAllister for starters - they all have some room for improving, but they have all had some first team games - this either helps or hinders, but it has to be done to produce the level that is required...

40 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

That makes no sense. In three years you’re expecting players to not only join the academy but have progressed through the academy & feature in the first team squad? :lol:

We have several young players that have started playing/ on the cusp of breaking through in the last three/ four seasons. Not least of all Cammy, Kyle & Ethan. Of course they were there before DL left, that’s how youth progression works. 

We wont know the success of AM recruitment of young players for a good few seasons yet. All we can ask is a continuation of 1 or 2 youth graduates a season making the grade. 

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

IRONY … from a forum twat qualified taxi-driver !

It was you that made an arse of reading the post. go back and try again.

Not a Taxi Driver anyway. 

Never worked in the Paisley area either.

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

liar liar pants on fire .. .. great you can be all that you want on a forum … brightens up your dull life . . .

Probably private hire, he has admitted to picking up passengers in other posts, but then he makes up all sorts of sh*t constantly anyway.

Wait for the abuse........................... here it comes!!!    :D

Edited by jaybee
abuse follow up

Taxi driver - doesn't matter who you are dropping off . . . that intense training, how to open a door and all the technical stuff like fares please . . . Difference is a chauffeur doesent even get to handle the fares . . .             HA HA HA HA

And more lies . . . YOU are the most boring twat uon the forum . . .  :bounce2

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Taxi driver - doesn't matter who you are dropping off . . . that intense training, how to open a door and all the technical stuff like fares please . . . Difference is a chauffeur doesent even get to handle the fares . . .             HA HA HA HA

Zzzzzzzsweeper07

35 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

f**k, you are the lowest of the low slating how a man makes his money with a good honest job, you are scum, what do u profess to work as?