Welcome Vaclav Hladky

10 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Still think he’ll be away? You were pretty adamant that it would happen this window, but can’t really see it now.

Over a week to go, and the books need balancing after paying transfer and sign on fees! Squeaky bum time.

hope he stays as it's unlikely we would get someone as good, or even have the time to try.

17 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

He is staying and will have a blinder on Sunday.

Hope he does and he will certainly be busy on Sunday. 

He, and the whole team, will need to be on top form from the first few minutes, don't let them get an early lead, the longer it's Rangers nil the better..................

An 89th minute goal for us would do. :lol:

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hope he does and he will certainly be busy on Sunday. 

He, and the whole team, will need to be on top form from the first few minutes, don't let them get an early lead, the longer it's Rangers nil the better..................

An 89th minute goal for us would do. :lol:

Yeah, this. Get in to half time at 0-0 and anything can happen.

We've got more than enough pace in the team to worry them on the break if they have to push for a goal.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Over a week to go, and the books need balancing after paying transfer and sign on fees! Squeaky bum time.

hope he stays as it's unlikely we would get someone as good, or even have the time to try.

I can’t comment on balancing the books, not seen the accounts. I’ll take your word for it.

Over a week to go, and the books need the balancing after paying transfer and sign on fees! Squeaky bum time.

You know this HOW?   Oh that's right YOU DON'T - YOU JUST MAKE IT UP... :hammer

The Squeaky bum time is all about YOU !    :moony2    

So are the BOD squandering even more money (Once again YOU have NO CLUE  :fire2)  

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

FFS the go to negativity that somehow our books won't be balanced without having to sell a player. 

Mind that time you speculated there hadn't been a bid on him at all?  :hammer

On 8/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, beyond our ken said:

you are right!

the books don't need balancing.

Where did I say the above - Oh right I did not...  Siding with "Lord know nothing, make up every negative scenario"  - fine if YOU want too...

So you think like him we are racked in debt and the BOD will be cast out having run up unsurmountable debts - like he claimed?

He never once took into account all the positives last season too - like higher than budgeted income from last season's crowds. Money in for Smith, Samson, Stewart, Rice,  etc.

So paying money for Morias, signing MacAllister on a 3 year deal, Obika on a 2 year deal etc is doing what exactly - running up more debt or living within our budget?

I have never claimed we don't need to balance the books - simply that LPM is a twat who makes up negatives with no evidence and is pretty much always is wrong...

Funny if he is your bud - ha ha . . .

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Where did I say the above - Oh right I did not...  Siding with "Lord know nothing, make up every negative scenario"  - fine if YOU want too...

So you think like him we are racked in debt and the BOD will be cast out having run up unsurmountable debts - like he claimed?

He never once took into account all the positives last season too - like higher than budgeted income from last season's crowds. Money in for Smith, Samson, Stewart, Rice,  etc.

So paying money for Morias, signing MacAllister on a 3 year deal, Obika on a 2 year deal etc is doing what exactly - running up more debt or living within our budget?

I have never claimed we don't need to balance the books - simply that LPM is a twat who makes up negatives with no evidence and is pretty much always is wrong...

Funny if he is your bud - ha ha . . .

So in answering my 2 short lines, you managed to cram in one line of conjecture and 5 lines about LPM.   You even managed to fling in a "ha ha" for the cringe effect.

Just think about what that says regarding the state of your life

34 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

So in answering my 2 short lines, you managed to cram in one line of conjecture and 5 lines about LPM.   You even managed to fling in a "ha ha" for the cringe effect.

Just think about what that says regarding the state of your life

Naw you ain't getting away with this pi*h after making up that I said the books don't need balancing when I clearly did not . . . funny how hatred manifests itself in falsehood...

The state of my life is actually pretty sweet - so I suspect yours ain't so great !  😎

Edited by Sweeper07

Goodwin at the Q&A said that Fitzy is attempting to extend his contract. What a result that would be. I do think that he will be away in the summer though.

If he extends his contract, I believe he’d leave with the “blessing of the club”
If he has another good season with us and avoids injury, then it’s a win win situation for the club and the player if he extends.

PCA in January then goes for nowt?

Probably. Tbf, having a keeper of Hladky’s calibre for 18 months is good going for us.

Best bet is worth checking the difference in prize money between a couple of league places. From a financial point of view, a transfer fee has to be better than any prize money his efforts could accumulate to. Also keeping in mind how much of said transfer fee is used in replacing him or improving the team.

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Can’t really blame him. The club though are trying to encourage him to stay by offering him an improved contract. 

If we accept that the club knocked back £200k for him, and that they might value him at £400-500k???

it would be calcuLated risk for the club to make him an offer with the type of wages he would get if he moved, to secure his services and get a decent payday when he gets the big job! He is only going to sign a new contract if it REALLY pays.

come January we might well be looking back rueing the decision not to take £200-250k for him.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If we accept that the club knocked back £200k for him, and that they might value him at £400-500k???

it would be calcuLated risk for the club to make him an offer with the type of wages he would get if he moved, to secure his services and get a decent payday when he gets the big job! He is only going to sign a new contract if it REALLY pays.

come January we might well be looking back rueing the decision not to take £200-250k for him.

But remember the club need to sell a player to balance the books after the Mccalister signing & that no one actually made a bid for him...