Welcome Vaclav Hladky

4 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Honestly someone just get basil to f**k

I've been proven right on that individuals obsession but you're right, the thread shouldn't suffer for that.

I'll happily bow back out now I've had my fun... He'll no doubt follow me elsewhere anyway, can't help himself. 

8 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Mate..guy is a pathological liar and a fecking idiot..feels need to reply to every fecking post on here trying to make himself out to be clever or something...boring twat..get him on ignore like i did...

Never stops you responding to me even when you claim you would... liar. 

On 8/31/2019 at 9:43 AM, Slartibartfast said:

It wasn't much effort at all, you are obviously easily impressed.

You can stand by your grammatical claim all you want, doesn't mean it's right. Sweep stands by his claim that it's acceptable for someone (who has the power to prevent it) to allow a child to be molested. Does standing by that claim make it right?

I'm not, and never was, trying to prove you wrong. I was pointing out a grammatical error that you made that others were picking up on and using to accuse you of saying something that you weren't intending to say. If anything, I was trying to help you by giving you the chance to not get into even more pointless "debate".

All you had to do was say "oh, aye, it should have a question mark, I'll correct it" and you could have avoided most of the last few pages of nonsense.

Why you feel the need to defend your mistake is beyond me, especially when it was only a slight grammatical error, something that anybody can do. If you're that insecure about someone pointing out that you missed a question mark, f**k knows what you're like if someone points out that you forgot to put salt on your chips - would you claim that it's a perfectly acceptable culinary practice to put the salt on after eating the chips?

Don't put salt on my chips. 

Hladky is a top class keeper. 

His distribution of the ball is first class. 

24 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
Never stops you responding to me even when you claim you would... liar. 

48 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
And I suppose that's right, too? emoji38.png

35 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
It is yeah, he actually said he wasn’t going to respond then did. Kind like you sort of said you were done with this as well... default_rolleyes.gif

Now read what you actually wrote, divot.

I said I wasn't going to explain that other thing to you again, I never said that I wasn't going to say anything at all. Stop trying to twist what I said.

What did he write that was wrong?  He said that Gstretch WOULD STOP replying. Not that difficult to understand surely?

Baz you would honestly give paracetamol a sore head.

if your plan is to kill this forum you’re doing a grand job bud 🙈🤣

Your absolutely everywhere like Ricky, but at least Ricky has the odd bit of discussion to contribute, you just are on a one man crusade to disagree with everything and anyone even though you are always wrong 🤣 I’d say it’s trolling but it’s not, just clear stupidity 😂

17 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, stlucifer said:
What did he write that was wrong?  He said that Gstretch WOULD STOP replying. Not that difficult to understand surely?

I'm probably being a bit pedantic but, when he can't admit the blatant obvious stuff that he f**ks up on, I'm going to pick him up on every single little error. At least for a while, then he'll bore me again. I'll wait and see if he can figure it out himself. Let's just say that if it was the spoken word then, because you can use vocal expression, what he said could have been correct (and that's probably how you've read it), in the written word, you have to be a lot more precise if you want to convey your message accurately. Yes, I know, it's a daft footy forum but, when he turns on someone who is only trying to be helpful then, he deserves all he gets.

Not at all. It's very clear what he said. Written or spoken, he's expressed it correctly. The written word has never been required to be precise. It would be different if he hadn't not used a double negative.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Now read what you actually wrote, divot.

I said I wasn't going to explain that other thing to you again, I never said that I wasn't going to say anything at all. Stop trying to twist what I said.

I took it as you were done with me on this particular thread. Unfortunately I wasn’t that fortunate. 

14 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Why not take what I actually said I'm going to do, as what I'm going to do, instead of what you think I've said I'm going to do, as what I'm going to do?

At least you've now implied that you got something wrong - a huge step forward. Just need to try for an outright admission of getting something wrong, next.

No you’re right, as you’ve seen from my post I admitted to taking it differently, I was wrong (always admit when I am which is more than many do on here) in the way I took it. Hence why I said unfortunately.

I thought that was pretty clear but i’ll give you the win given how much it means to you. 

Is this the best day of your life ever? 

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There are quite a few but there's no doubt there's plenty that have been ruined.

The thing is he's quite oblivious and proud of his input.

Div will sort him out soon. 

What some people continually fail to notice is the conversations role on because people willingly respond to me. They also often drag me back in, like right now for example. Are any of these comments really necessary if you don’t want a response from me? 

Admit it, some of you love the fix. 😁

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It is required if you want to get your message across without ambiguity, that's why I said "if you want to convey your message accurately".

The problem with double negatives is that they have only become a problem since mathematics came to the fore of science, then people started applying mathematical rules to language. The fact that language had developed outside mathematical rules causes problems when your try to apply those rules retrospectively. Basically, it used to be acceptable to use double negatives (in some situations, it still is) and they were easily understood. Anyway, enough of the history lessons.

Have you ever considered  that the problem of understanding clearly what he said is down to you and not his grammar? I'm asking because it was completely obvious to me what he was intimating. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

But you didn't just "take it differently", you accused me of saying something that I demonstrably didn't say.

You obviously don't always admit when you're wrong, as you still deny my original point.

Win??? What the f**k are you on about? I think it's obvious to most on here that you are the one who likes to "win" silly arguments on a silly football forum, whether you are correct or not.

"Is this the best day of your life ever?" - First of all, there should be a comma after "life". Secondly, stop being a patronising twat, you have absolutely no reason to feel superior.

Ffs give yourself & everyone else a rest. This is exactly my point (which you’ve admitted to in a post from yesterday) a small number of fans on here will target practically anything that I post in complete desperation to prove me wrong. Fortunately a few seem to have stopped this. (They stop, i’ll stop the back and forward by the way)

But some seem to have no interest in stopping my contribution on BAWA, they crave it. This person has even went as far as continuing to beg for my attention when I admit to interpretation a post wrongly. 

I even gave a caveat in the post you talk about with ‘kinda like’ and in no way accused you of anything but I decided to give you the win because of clearly how important it is to you. (I accidentally posted ‘kind like’ if you want to dig me up on that feel free)

Will you admit you were wrong in bringing back up the original post or will we now see some word spin defending? 

The rest of your post obviously shows I’ve got you rattled. If you want to continue to be ‘pedantic’ to deal with that fine. I will continue to respond, you’re not making a revelation to anyone regarding that. 

I do enjoy winning arguments yes, seems the only difference between us is an admittance of that though. Prove me wrong & do everyone else a favour by not responding. Brutal! 

Edited by bazil85