Welcome Vaclav Hladky

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Ffs give yourself & everyone else a rest. This is exactly my point (which you’ve admitted to in a post from yesterday) a small number of fans on here will target practically anything that I post in complete desperation to prove me wrong. Fortunately a few seem to have stopped this. (They stop, i’ll stop the back and forward by the way)

But some seem to have no interest in stopping my contribution on BAWA, they crave it. This person has even went as far as continuing to beg for my attention when I admit to interpretation a post wrongly. 

I even gave a caveat in the post you talk about with ‘kinda like’ and in no way accused you of anything but I decided to give you the win because of clearly how important it is to you. (I accidentally posted ‘kind like’ if you want to dig me up on that feel free)

Will you admit you were wrong in bringing back up the original post or will we now see some word spin defending? 

The rest of your post obviously shows I’ve got you rattled. If you want to continue to be ‘pedantic’ to deal with that fine. I will continue to respond, you’re not making a revelation to anyone regarding that. 

I do enjoy winning arguments yes, seems the only difference between us is an admittance of that though. Prove me wrong & do everyone else a favour by not responding. Brutal! 

You really do need to get over yourself... you do post utter shite.... more playground than forum... nobody cares if you win only if the team does...

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He is, but the bright side to selling him would surely be the end of this f***ing thread  :zipit

I'll point this out before Slarti sees it and then Bazil spawns another 10 pages telling him off.....😉

Edited by thomsons dropped it
FFS.... typo

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

So report him... and lets get back to the thread

People reporting nonsense like that makes no sense IMO. Probably a few trigger happy people on reporting issues that don’t really impact the website.

Beyond serious abuse, threats & hacks, no point. I’ve never used it. 

But I agree let’s get back on track. 11 hour countdown to keep our goalkeeper. All seems quiet so far. 

16 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
20 hours ago, stlucifer said:
Have you ever considered  that the problem of understanding clearly what he said is down to you and not his grammar? I'm asking because it was completely obvious to me what he was intimating. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Don't get me wrong, I knew what he was trying to say, just like I knew the previous time I pointed out his mistake which, in that case, others were taking a different way. My thanks for trying to help him was, well, you can look back and see yourself. He seems to have the inability to be able to say "oh aye, f**ked up there, silly me, it should have read ... blah, blah, blah". It wouldn't have been hard but he categorically refused to do it, even though it was blatantly wrong and even tried .. well, as I said, you can go see yourself.

I'm not denying he posts some amount of drivel. So much so that it surprises me that you concentrate on something he got right,...… In my opinion, of course.

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Glad to see he’s stayed, especially after some folk spent the entire summer telling us he’d definitely be away.

Ha, ha..

I think we owe Vaclav's continuing brilliance in a Saints top to the fact Qarabag didn't make the champions league! Glad he is here till at least January, but how will we feel if we did fall out this league, and he walks for nowt in June?

could a decent transfer fee for him have secured a brace of good players that would have helped keep us up? Or possibly will Vaclav's heroics, like last season be the difference for us staying up? 

Ayr didnt cash in on Shankland when they could and it possibly cost them promotion?

Guest TPAFKATS
Ha, ha..
I think we owe Vaclav's continuing brilliance in a Saints top to the fact Qarabag didn't make the champions league! Glad he is here till at least January, but how will we feel if we did fall out this league, and he walks for nowt in June?
could a decent transfer fee for him have secured a brace of good players that would have helped keep us up? Or possibly will Vaclav's heroics, like last season be the difference for us staying up? 
Ayr didnt cash in on Shankland when they could and it possibly cost them promotion?
[emoji57] were-all-doomed.jpeg

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

How do you pedantically chase someone?

Looking for others to dig me up? You trying to round up a posse?

Is that another pedantic point? 

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

First you start by directing comments at me (using "yourself", "you've") and then go on to refer to me in the third person (using "this person") as if you are talking to someone else. This may actually explain a lot about your posts.

But anyway ...

What is exactly your point?

What did I admit to?

"in complete desperation to prove me wrong" - did you ever seriously consider that you were wrong?

"They stop, i’ll stop the back and forward" - if you stop first, it also stops the back and forward.

I'm begging for your attention now? As I previously said, stop being patronising, you haven't, on here at least, shown the level of intelligence required for that to work.

You didn't admit it originally, you tried to use waffle to make me think you admitted it, without actually doing so. A bit like the difference between "I'm sorry you were offended" and "I'm sorry I offended you".

You accused me of saying something that I didn't. It's there in black and white, yet you still deny it.

I don't recall you saying "kinda like", you may have, what's your point?

Why would I be wrong in bringing up my original post? I said that I wasn't going to "explain it" to you again, not that I wasn't going to mention it. No "word spin" required as, again, it's all there in black and white for you and others to see.

I made my original post and then explained why in at least FIVE other posts to you, yet still you think I was attacking you. FIVE ... FECKIN ... TIMES, FFS. How many times do you need to be told something before you understand it?.

You've got me rattled? Really? I've already commented on your patronising patter, no need for me to go into it again, but trust me, you really haven't got me rattled. You should try reading my posts as if I am talking to a five year old (yes, even the sweary words), as that's how I am trying to convey them.

Making a revelation? What the f**k are you going on about now?

The only arguments I want to "win" are the ones where I am right. If someone can prove to me that I'm wrong then I'll hold my hands up, admit it and take it as a learning experience. There are even examples of me doing that on this very forum. You see, I like learning things and I constantly challenge my own beliefs. I deliberately read and watch lots of things that disagree with what I believe because it either strengthens my beliefs or it corrects them. Both are good things. You, on the other hand, seem to want to "win" whether you are right or wrong, and don't even care whether you are right or wrong, as long as you get the "last word".

"Prove me wrong ...by not responding" - FFS, has that feeble attempt at mind games worked for anybody, ever, in the history of mankind? Desperation appears to be creeping into your tactics now. emoji38.png

You are right though, your post was "brutal".

Practically everything you've responded with backs up the initial points I was making. You've continued to be pedantic, continued to bring up the original apparent error (it wasn't), spin words on your previous comment on said error and seem completely rattled. 

I mean the only saving grace in that whole essay is you're admittance to also wanting the last word & to win arguments where you think you're right. (no doubt more spin coming because it wasn't the exact words you used) I respect that, most on here that get into these fun debates with me will not admit as much and think somehow they're different from me. 

I would also say my point on 'prove me wrong' is you were previously having a go at me saying 'you're the one that likes to "win" silly arguments' Seems like that is something we both share. I thought that was the case & asked you to prove me wrong, something you have done the opposite of. 

As with another person on here that has to have the last word, I'm willing to take one for the team. Respond with what you like to this and I'll let you have the last word. This conversation will be done

Anyway great news we kept Hladky. I tried to get back on track yesterday, I hope people note that and it wasn't me that continued this sidestep. 

9 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

It's OK, that should be the end of it as he said "Respond with what you like to this and I'll let you have the last word. This conversation will be done" and, after pulling up others for saying that they'll stop and then don't, it would be a bit hypocritical of him to reply - but let's see. :lol:

Anyway, good to see that Hladky is here to at least January. :thumbs2

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...