Welcome Vaclav Hladky

16 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Not without agreement from the players current club. emoji6.png

Not that I'm saying the club has given such permission.

Come! Come!

You are implying that there may be clandestine, behind the scenes manouevring!  

Hark back to the Kearney saga!  There was never any sense of underhand duplicity at that time...    : unsure:

On 11/7/2019 at 1:17 PM, Magic Monkey said:

So, Tony says he's staying all season. Hladky says he's staying all season. 

And this leads people to conclude he's off in January? 🤨

It is not what people say... there are still two possible outcomes, and at this stage both are still a possibility, even if one is being shouted from the rooftops! :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I assume I must have been wrong, but I thought you couldn’t enter any sort of pre-contract discussion until January itself?

Does this mean a player's agent cannot have a chance meeting for a coffee with a club who might be interested in signing a player he represents?

Do you think agents sit about waiting rather than pro-actively seek to manipulate the best deal or exhaust various possibilities on the way to the time when things can be done legally…?

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Does this mean a player's agent cannot have a chance meeting for a coffee with a club who might be interested in signing a player he represents?

Do you think agents sit about waiting rather than pro-actively seek to manipulate the best deal or exhaust various possibilities on the way to the time when things can be done legally…?

I would understand these meetings taking place when looking for an actual transfer in January.

I thought the rules were different regarding pre-contracts, I was under the belief that these discussions couldn’t take place until then. The fact it’s public knowledge is making me think I must have been wrong.

There’s no need to have a dig at me, the point of my post was looking for clarity on the answer as I believed I was assuming wrong. I was looking for a definite answer, not an obnoxious one.

36 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

that Hopefully we are also working behind the scenes on a possible replacement. 

We are.

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/18023731.jim-goodwin-lines-hladky-replacement-amid-rangers-interest/

Blue bigot manager says (in his latest press conference) that he knows nothing about alleged interest in Hladky. Says that it's his agent generating interest.

18 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I would understand these meetings taking place when looking for an actual transfer in January.

I thought the rules were different regarding pre-contracts, I was under the belief that these discussions couldn’t take place until then. The fact it’s public knowledge is making me think I must have been wrong.

There’s no need to have a dig at me, the point of my post was looking for clarity on the answer as I believed I was assuming wrong. I was looking for a definite answer, not an obnoxious one.

Apologies for giving you the impression I was having a dig at you - it was not my intension. I was simply making the point that agents meet folk to tout their players whether it is legally above board or not. They are out for themselves plus their players only.

It is my experience that contracts and pre contract agreements have been drawn up and fully agreed before transfer windows open - then signed and dated when it was right to do so.  So that it what I was attempting to express.   

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, munoz said:

The situation sounding positive regarding Hladky staying. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/massive-boost-st-mirren-goalkeeper-21150962

As much as I'd like to cash on him in January, Saturday showed how important he is to us.

His save from O'Halloran when he was clean through was exceptional.

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As much as I'd like to cash on him in January, Saturday showed how important he is to us.

His save from O'Halloran when he was clean through was exceptional.

It’s win win either way. Keep a quality keeper for another 6 months, or make some decent money.

We are probably better off with the player as the club seem to have no real idea how to use the money properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m watching Rochdale v Newcastle on Match of the Day just now and I noticed Craig Samson amongst the coaches on the Rochdale bench. 

Good goalie for us and I understand he is a decent guy, but if he hadn’t left us a year ago to join Sunderland I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have signed Hladky. 

Now bearing in mind that firstly, Hladky is better than Samson and secondly, we dodged the drop in May by the skin of our teeth, I think the only conclusion we can draw is: thank you Craig and well done Sunderland. 

5 minutes ago, uhura said:

I’m watching Rochdale v Newcastle on Match of the Day just now and I noticed Craig Samson amongst the coaches on the Rochdale bench. 

Good goalie for us and I understand he is a decent guy, but if he hadn’t left us a year ago to join Sunderland I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have signed Hladky. 

Now bearing in mind that firstly, Hladky is better than Samson and secondly, we dodged the drop in May by the skin of our teeth, I think the only conclusion we can draw is: thank you Craig and well done Sunderland. 

Really? I was certain I read that Jack Ross had taken him and John Potter to Hibs. 

32 minutes ago, uhura said:

It's a high risk business. The big guy was good when with us imo. He made the call. I'm sure he hasn't lost out financially and things worked out OK for us in brining in Hladky (so far). Best wishes to Craig and hope that Hladky either stays around or goes for a pretty penny. 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 1/4/2020 at 10:43 PM, djchapsticks said:
Really? I was certain I read that Jack Ross had taken him and John Potter to Hibs. 

Alan Combe, another ex buddie, still goalkeeping coach with hibs.

Bostik Feet as Davie Hay called him. 

Very decent keeper in his day. 

Edited by St.Ricky