Welcome Vaclav Hladky

Guest TPAFKATS
That's actually makes him out to be better than he was.  Not as bad as Scrimgour, though.
I recall both scrimmy and combe having decent starts to their career with us. Went rapidly downhill from there for both of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, shull said:

Surely our Goalkeeper must be close to beating Samson's shut out record. 

Hladky hasn't conceded for many weeks now. 

Where does he stand ? 

In the penalty box for most of the game. It's obvious you've stopped going to football.

23 minutes ago, shull said:

Lucy added to the list alongside BAZZZZZZZZZZZZIL and EK dude. 

All excruciatingly poor with the patter. 

Just trying to help, I imagine you didn't kick smoking all by yourself. You should be welcoming a support network to get you over this toxic habit that clearly fills you with rage and bitterness.

Control the controllables Shull, you'll never see Scottish football die or takeaway St Mirren fans pride and willingness to fund their football club. :P

I loved Smoking. 

Loved smoking first thing in the morning. 

Loved smoking after every meal. 

Loved smoking, sitting out the back door on a summer's night. 

Just enjoyed every cigarette I smoked. 

Chucked the habit very easily with no help whatsoever. 

Had my last cigarette, around half an hour before getting rushed to the Operating Theatre in the RAH 10 years ago. 

It was really very easy to chuck it. 

2 hours ago, shull said:

I loved Smoking. 

Loved smoking first thing in the morning. 

Loved smoking after every meal. 

Loved smoking, sitting out the back door on a summer's night. 

Just enjoyed every cigarette I smoked. 

Chucked the habit very easily with no help whatsoever. 

Had my last cigarette, around half an hour before getting rushed to the Operating Theatre in the RAH 10 years ago. 

It was really very easy to chuck it. 

Clear BAWA is your real Everest in chucking toxic habits. 

As it's likely he's played his last match for us then so long & thanks for all the fish bigman!

Is there a link to that penalty shoot-out somewhere on the thread, if not then someone technically minded should post a link...

PS - The small portion of the penalty spot I liberated that afternoon is in my back garden!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

As it's likely he's played his last match for us then so long & thanks for all the fish bigman!

Is there a link to that penalty shoot-out somewhere on the thread, if not then someone technically minded should post a link...

PS - The small portion of the penalty spot I liberated that afternoon is in my back garden!

• 2 weeks later...

Vaclav is indeed one of the top keepers Buddies have had, and we've had a few very good ones.

JG is right to do everything he can to keep him for another season, but if/when football returns to something like normal, I fear he will leave for a bigger club which he undoubtedly deserves. I just hope SMFC can get good money for him.

If/When he goes, he should go with our appreciation for the great service he's given to the club, especially the saves made in the season 2018-2019 play-offs when he almost single-handedly kept us in the Premiership. 

A very decent bloke. Good Luck to him! 

11 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Vaclav is indeed one of the top keepers Buddies have had, and we've had a few very good ones.

JG is right to do everything he can to keep him for another season, but if/when football returns to something like normal, I fear he will leave for a bigger club which he undoubtedly deserves. I just hope SMFC can get good money for him.

If/When he goes, he should go with our appreciation for the great service he's given to the club, especially the saves made in the season 2018-2019 play-offs when he almost single-handedly kept us in the Premiership. 

A very decent bloke. Good Luck to him! 

He's out of contract, so we'll not be getting any money for him.

I know I am going to get shot to pieces for this, but I think Craig Samson was better. 

Yes, Hladky has been decent, but nothing special. He seems to have acquired legendary status based on the penalty shootout in the playoff. 

I live in Czech Rep and when I speak to people here who support his former club Liberec, they are genuinely stunned when I tell them how much Saints fans love him.  He spent most of his time in CZ as a number two. 

My opinion is that he is definitely decent, but not somebody who cannot be replaced easily.