Welcome Vaclav Hladky

50 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I did go on to fully explain myself, but you preferred to pick apart my original post even after I explained my reasons. 

Nevermind! 

Mainly because of the contradictions. Hence why I feel it was back peddling but that’s all fine. Done now 👍

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You see, he sucks you into a mindless exchange that only he knows, seemingly where he's going.

He does it with as many that are willing to make the mistake by trying to reason with him, 

He also has no ability to grasp the jist of a post, preferring to, as you say, pick on every word.

All in all, a lesson learned, best to ignore him. :thumbsdown

Lol the irony is I imagine you probably agree with me on the Hladky view. 

Your continued vendetta against me clouds your view & shifts it to be able to engage me in argument. Very clear. 

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

word

Further highlighting what I previously said. There’s a small number of people that will jump on almost anything I post as a way to antagonise, disagree or take the opposite view. I’m certainly not the only one but it’s very obvious behaviour on here. 

Today alone that’s happened with me defending a goalkeeper that’s considered by many to be the best we’ve had in a generation & accurately quoting SMISA vote numbers. Lol the mask has long since slipped 😂

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ Really doesn't understand the problem is staring him in the face..................if he was looking into one of these.

Antique French Style Gold Henrietta Wall Mirror | Wall Mirrors UK

Lol is it aye? I have made a comment similar to others on here, I seem to be the only one you’re targeting. 

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Your making yourself an easy target. :rolleyes:

Oh I know that, unfortunately the only option to stop that now is not to post. (Which won’t happen) because as I have evidenced, the content doesn’t matter, more often than not someone will jump on it. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Mainly because of the contradictions. Hence why I feel it was back peddling but that’s all fine. Done now 👍

And.... I am definitely not back peddling. 

I still feel the same way as I felt at the time of the first post. 

Longevity is key in football. If you only judge Hladky on his short time with Saints then yes he has performed to a VERY high standard. But if you judge him on his whole career as I have done, then it is bang average. 

A season and a half isn't what he will be judged on at the end of his career. 

8 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Longevity is key in football. If you only judge Hladky on his short time with Saints then yes he has performed to a VERY high standard. But if you judge him on his whole career as I have done, then it is bang average. 

If you are judging Hladky as bang average over his career, then he would still be head and shoulders above Samson, judged on his.

4 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

You really are something else!!! 

Where did I contradict myself??

4 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

I feel both points are linked. 
‘Hladky has been decent’ without any suggestion that was based on you watching him for a club sporadically, likely few SMFC fans have ever heard of over a 5 year period. To then you going on to agree he’s been fantastic for saints. 

From Legendary status only from a penalty shootout, to you then accepting he’s been fantastic in his full time here. That Also seemed contradictory to me & back peddling over your future posts. 

I also think it’s pretty crazy that a goalkeeper who has been consistently fantastic over an 18 month period should be considered easily replaceable because he was a back up player over 3 or 4 season before that. Surely a run of games over a significant period is far better basis to judge someone than sporadic appearances years earlier? 

How long does someone consistently have to play before we accept that he’s moved on from his previous level? I find it extremely harsh that you still only think he’s decent & is replaceable because of his situation years ago. 

7 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Faraway's right Prague Buddie ignore him. You have more chance of converting Al Qaeda to Christianity than winning a debate with oor Bazil 

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Another half decent thread completely ruined by Baz.

It really is pathetic. Seems everyone agrees with me that Hladky is a fantastic goalkeeper but because I’m the one that’s got into the argument over the opposing opinion I’ve ruined the thread 🤷‍♂️

I really pity people that can’t let go of past arguments. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It really is pathetic. Seems everyone agrees with me that Hladky is a fantastic goalkeeper but because I’m the one that’s got into the argument over the opposing opinion I’ve ruined the thread 🤷‍♂️

Opposing opinion? Where exactly did I say that Hladky is shite??? I SAID I THINK HE IS 'DECENT! What part of that don' t you understand?  

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Just let the guy have his own opinion, he's looking at Hladky from a different angle than the rest of us living in Czech Republic. He won't be the only one over there who's surprised how well he's done here.