Welcome Vaclav Hladky

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

Just let the guy have his own opinion, he's looking at Hladky from a different angle than the rest of us living in Czech Republic. He won't be the only one over there who's surprised how well he's done here.  

You just nailed it! 

Everyone I talk to here is stunned by how well he has done at Saints. They genuinely can't believe it. Especially Liberec fans. 

5 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Just let the guy have his own opinion, he's looking at Hladky from a different angle than the rest of us living in Czech Republic. He won't be the only one over there who's surprised how well he's done here.  

And I have explained that it has been clearer as he has subsequently went onto expand/ explain his posts. My issue was in the context of his original post which I feel was conflicting to what he’s subsequently said. I imagine few disagree with that & I was happy to put this to bed hours ago. 

Again it seems like my view is aligned to the majority on here yet a few still jump on my posts & attack. Go figure. 

Edited by bazil85

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I feel both points are linked. 
‘Hladky has been decent’ without any suggestion that was based on you watching him for a club sporadically, likely few SMFC fans have ever heard of over a 5 year period. To then you going on to agree he’s been fantastic for saints. 

From Legendary status only from a penalty shootout, to you then accepting he’s been fantastic in his full time here. That Also seemed contradictory to me & back peddling over your future posts. 

I also think it’s pretty crazy that a goalkeeper who has been consistently fantastic over an 18 month period should be considered easily replaceable because he was a back up player over 3 or 4 season before that. Surely a run of games over a significant period is far better basis to judge someone than sporadic appearances years earlier? 

How long does someone consistently have to play before we accept that he’s moved on from his previous level? I find it extremely harsh that you still only think he’s decent & is replaceable because of his situation years ago

You do realise that he was a Liberec player just 1 year & 4 months ago. 

Hardly years ago

17 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

You just nailed it! 

Everyone I talk to here is stunned by how well he has done at Saints. They genuinely can't believe it. Especially Liberec fans. 

Sometimes a club is just a good fit and brings out the best in you, would hate for him to leave and then play second fiddle somewhere, it happens, I hope he stays a wee while longer he's not only a great goalie, he's the best  { my opinion } we've had, only Campbell Money comes close for his service and bravery 

Edited by portmahomack saint

5 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

You do realise that he was a Liberec player just 1 year & 4 months ago. 

Hardly years ago

I thought he as there 2015 to 2019? But That’s even worse, you’re saying he’s average based on a shorter & more historic time period than his time at St Mirren then? Mental 

22 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I thought he as there 2015 to 2019? But That’s even worse, you’re saying he’s average based on a shorter & more historic time period than his time at St Mirren then? Mental 

You have completely lost me now. 

He was there from 2015 - Jan 2019. 

I said that he was still a Liberec player a year and 4 months ago

And... I never said he IS average. I said he WAS average at Liberec. 

You certainly have a way of taking people's words, twisting and using them to back your own agenda. 

Get a grip of yourself man! 

Over and out for me. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

21 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

You have completely lost me now. 

He was there from 2015 - Jan 2019. 

I said that he was still a Liberec player a year and 4 months ago

And... I never said he IS average. I said he WAS average at Liberec. 

You certainly have a way of taking people's words, twisting and using them to back your own agenda. 

Get a grip of yourself man! 

Over and out for me. 

Ah okay I thought you meant FOR one year and four months, get you now. I still feel playing consistently over the last season and a half in practically EVERY game is a much better basis for the kind of player he is that sporadic games for his previous club. But if you want to judge him on that, fine.

A quick check also shows he hadn’t played a first team game for them since September 2018, nearly 2 years ago. Harsh to still be hanging onto that timeframe to judge a player that’s played over 50 times for a club in the last 16 months & has been a revelation. 

you did not say that, I already quoted you to prove you didn’t say that. I’ll do it again. As I have said, you’ve made your view clearer since then.

your original post was misleading, & I feel it highlights you’ve back-peddled. I won’t change that view sorry... I would also wager a few of my critics agree with me but they’d never admit it. 6BE099FC-87D4-4A12-800C-28FA824365DC.thumb.png.2d6d0a1f34d8934ec2da47b4cb5c97ff.png

36 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Ah okay I thought you meant FOR one year and four months, get you now. I still feel playing consistently over the last season and a half in practically EVERY game is a much better basis for the kind of player he is that sporadic games for his previous club. But if you want to judge him on that, fine.

A quick check also shows he hadn’t played a first team game for them since September 2018, nearly 2 years ago. Harsh to still be hanging onto that timeframe to judge a player that’s played over 50 times for a club in the last 16 months & has been a revelation. 

you did not say that, I already quoted you to prove you didn’t say that. I’ll do it again. As I have said, you’ve made your view clearer since then.

your original post was misleading, & I feel it highlights you’ve back-peddled. I won’t change that view sorry... I would also wager a few of my critics agree with me but they’d never admit it. 6BE099FC-87D4-4A12-800C-28FA824365DC.thumb.png.2d6d0a1f34d8934ec2da47b4cb5c97ff.png

Do you constantly have to be such a needy dick with a persecution complex who turns everything into a debate about you being right?

I actually agreed with you in this thread! You made good and reasoned points!

I even liked a post or two...

Then the needy argumentative f**k you poor me Baz kicked in!

Still... I probably misread the situation and will now be abused for talking to you despite some treaty of 1947 which you will quote verbatim till I lose the will to live!

My bad! Save you the trouble... tho it won't!

No Bazil... people are NOT out to get you! You DO invite arguments in the hope of a last word... and do enjoy it!

35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Do you constantly have to be such a needy dick with a persecution complex who turns everything into a debate about you being right?

I actually agreed with you in this thread! You made good and reasoned points!

I even liked a post or two...

Then the needy argumentative f**k you poor me Baz kicked in!

Still... I probably misread the situation and will now be abused for talking to you despite some treaty of 1947 which you will quote verbatim till I lose the will to live!

My bad! Save you the trouble... tho it won't!

No Bazil... people are NOT out to get you! You DO invite arguments in the hope of a last word... and do enjoy it!

No you’re pretty much validating a lot of my point just by posting this. Even in a subject where people agree with me this is how it goes. It all stemmed from FS getting upset that I posted on here (agreeing with earlier posters)  & having to react. 

A few others jumped on the bandwagon & here we are. It could easily have just been me disagreeing with Prague Buddie. I imagine that’s all it would have been if it wasn’t for my username 👍

Heres an idea, FS, Oak, you, Antrin & others. Why don’t we just put the past behind us & just let’s comment on subjects as & when they come up?

Can’t we all get along? 😅

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

No you’re pretty much validating a lot of my point just by posting this. Even in a subject where people agree with me this is how it goes. It all stemmed from FS getting upset that I posted on here (agreeing with earlier posters)  & having to react. 

A few others jumped on the bandwagon & here we are. It could easily have just been me disagreeing with Prague Buddie. I imagine that’s all it would have been if it wasn’t for my username 👍

Heres an idea, FS, Oak, you, Antrin & others. Why don’t we just put the past behind us & just let’s comment on subjects as & when they come up?

Can’t we all get along? 😅

We could. It just requires you to understand why you cause so many problems on here.

You erroneously think it's about your opinions.

I can assure that it very much isn't.

It's all about your attitude towards others. It wasn't enough for you to hold an opposing view to Prague Buddie. Once you finally started to understand his point, after several pages, you couldn't resist accusing him of backtracking. Then you made a second dig by saying "Well you should have said that the first time". This is not how two functioning adults talk to each other.

But you won't accept that.

So here we are.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:58 AM, Prague Buddie said:

Actually, I managed to attend 10 games last season(not bad for living 1500 miles away) and watched almost all of the remaining online. I think I only didn't manage to see maybe 2 or 3 games. .........and yes I do believe Samson was slightly better. 

Also, having lived over here for 10 years, I follow Czech football just as much as I do Scottish football, and I saw Hladky play at Liberec and Brno before that. long before anybody at St Mirren had ever heard of him. Let's just say, at no point did he ever 'set the heather on fire' over here. Hence why all the Slovan Liberec fans that I know are stunned that he is worshipped so much in Paisley.

I am not slating him, I think he is a decent keeper (since he has been at Saints) and definitely one of the better keepers we have had. But, I will be very surprised if he goes onto MUCH bigger than us. He has been able to speak to teams since January and if someone was really keen to get him, they would have him now on a PCA.

I think he will end up signing a new contract with us. I hope he does.

Aye, the guy from Prague posted this, check the time/date.

The forum pwick comes in over two and a half hours later shouting what others had said BEFORE he, Prague Buddy, clarified the amount of times he'd seen Hladky :1eye

He then, when the time gap was pointed out, STILL sticks to his view it was a reasonable response the SAME as others when it WASN'T the same, as people had suggested he'd not seen much of the goalie BEFORE he posted his point. :lol:

Then he starts his usual.................."people are picking on me" routine and he's right, everyone else is wrong. 🙈

Does anybody know him for real as I doubt he can be as much of a pwick in real life as he is on here. can he? :wink:

On 5/22/2020 at 2:37 PM, bazil85 said:

Like everyone else has said, I also can only conclude this poster hasn't seen much of Hladky. He is one of the best goalkeepers I've seen at St Mirren. Also find it strange another teams fans would be countering this by saying he was their second choice... Surely most of their fans didn't see much of him play then? 

Will be very sorry to see him go but wish him all the best, he can go far in the game. 

On 5/22/2020 at 2:58 PM, bazil85 said:

Yes I did, my post was a perfectly reasonable response, same as others. You need to curb this obsession bud :P 

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We could. It just requires you to understand why you cause so many problems on here.

You erroneously think it's about your opinions.

I can assure that it very much isn't.

It's all about your attitude towards others. It wasn't enough for you to hold an opposing view to Prague Buddie. Once you finally started to understand his point, after several pages, you couldn't resist accusing him of backtracking. Then you made a second dig by saying "Well you should have said that the first time". This is not how two functioning adults talk to each other.

But you won't accept that.

So here we are.

This all stemmed from me making a similar point to other posters yet FS (as he’s highlighted above) felt the need to single me out. 

This was ready to be put to bed yesterday afternoon between Prague & me when I said he had made it clearer in future posts. I would be massively surprised if I’m the only one that thinks he went onto contradict himself from his first post, it was my opinion based on how the thread had played out. Never the less it was winding down. 

Yet others just couldn’t let it rest, it happens all the time when I post. Previously held vendettas spoil threads, not me. 👍

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the guy from Prague posted this, check the time/date.

The forum pwick comes in over two and a half hours later shouting what others had said BEFORE he, Prague Buddy, clarified the amount of times he'd seen Hladky :1eye

He then, when the time gap was pointed out, STILL sticks to his view it was a reasonable response the SAME as others when it WASN'T the same, as people had suggested he'd not seen much of the goalie BEFORE he posted his point. :lol:

Then he starts his usual.................."people are picking on me" routine and he's right, everyone else is wrong. 🙈

Does anybody know him for real as I doubt he can be as much of a pwick in real life as he is on here. can he? :wink:

My conclusion is anyone that had seen Hladky regularly wouldn’t say he was ‘average’ what he had said or not. 

Turns out that was a correct view with Prague clarifying his view (him being decent ) is based on the last circa 5 years NOT what he seen from Hladky just at St Mirren. Hence why I feel he was contradictory, why I doubted he’d seen him play (because at this point I thought he was basing it off his time at St Mirren) and something that’s since been resolved. 

I genuinely don’t think many of you actually disagree with me when we look at clear contradictions and back peddling like 

‘I think he is a decent keeper (since he has been at Saints)’
‘He has certainly upped his game since he went to Paisley and over the last year and a half he has performed at an exceptional level. ‘
‘This
 is why I only rate him as 'decent'. Performing exceptionally for a year and a half 

But like I say it’s done, it’s over, you’re just stirring something you had no need to be involved in  

you accuse me of impacting threads, you’re one of the main culprits in active attempts to antagonise & get a reaction. If you don’t want my interactions to go this way, drop your rule from 3 interactions to 0. If not, you’ll just have to accept I’m going nowhere. Very simple 🤷‍♂️

The dearly departed (from the forum, he's not deid!) Stuart Dickson had the odd moment of clarity and decent idea formation, he simply couldn't accept that despite coming across with decent points now and again, people would never take to them as the actual person delivering them was really insufferable in general, especially when making their point and really not worth the hassle of working with or against. Good idea formation (now and then) but a nightmare of a person to try and co-operate with.

Baz seems to fall firmly into the same category. Any agreeable or valid points are completely lost in the delivery of his response. The need to not just make his own point for someone to agree or disagree with but to make the person he's debating with seem foolish, confused or clouded.

Despite this, I've no real issue with him at all, I glance at the points he's making but then know I don't have to really read anything else he posts on a subject as it will typically contain no real new content aside from him going into a back and forth with whoever he's arguing with to point out where in their previous statements he's going to try and show them up. And then a general couple of 'Why Always Me?' style posts when he gets pulled up for it.

Bit of self reflection though, Baz. I don't think anyone is telling you not to post but sometimes you can look at a post, accept you've made your point well enough the first time and move on. Countering a response with another response if required is fair enough but the constant need to come back and try and reassert yourself every single time by picking through the bones of points already argued isn't a good look.

Edited by djchapsticks

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The dearly departed (from the forum, he's not deid!) Stuart Dickson had the odd moment of clarity and decent idea formation, he simply couldn't accept that despite coming across with decent points now and again, people would never take to them as the actual person delivering them was really insufferable in general, especially when making their point and really not worth the hassle of working with or against. Good idea formation (now and then) but a nightmare of a person to try and co-operate with.

Baz seems to fall firmly into the same category. Any agreeable or valid points are completely lost in the delivery of his response. The need to not just make his own point for someone to agree or disagree with but to make the person he's debating with seem foolish, confused or clouded.

Despite this, I've no real issue with him at all, I glance at the points he's making but then know I don't have to really read anything else he posts on a subject as it will typically contain no real new content aside from him going into a back and forth with whoever he's arguing with to point out where in their previous statements he's going to try and show them up. And then a general couple of 'Why Always Me?' style posts when he gets pulled up for it.

Bit of self reflection though, Baz. I don't think anyone is telling you not to post but sometimes you can look at a post, accept you've made your point well enough the first time and move on. Countering a response with another response if required is fair enough but the constant need to come back and try and reassert yourself every single time by picking through the bones of points already argued isn't a good look.

Decent summary. 

Highlighted bit not required, you know he's unwilling and incapable of taking any advice or self reflection.

You could have saved a decent amount of time by just describing him as a pwick. 

I await his long winded, dreary, equally as long response. 

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I have accepted many time’s that I will get into an argument on here when certain people go out their way to cause it. (See FS in this one & the comments on the recent SMISA one) 

This all started with me making a point of agreement with several other posters. What did I do wrong to warrant the backlash? If someone would like to point it out I will work on it. 👍

Its clear to me people will now go out their way to try & antagonise me. If others don’t think that’s true, fine. 

Edited by bazil85

I’m going to break ranks with the usual Bazil bashers here and say that on this occasion he was bang on to keep at this one.

Prague Buddie made a complete arse of it with his initial post. A really really dumb post in my opinion for all the reasons Baz pointed out. 
He then started doing some half arsed back peddling as a smoke screen to his initial nonsense. If he had just come out straight away and said he’d made an arse of it, there would have been a lot less posts on this thread. We all know Baz won’t let something go until someone categorically admits they were wrong. He’s not always right but on this occasion he was. 
An utterly ridiculous notion to suggest that Hladky is only a decent keeper because he was once a bit rubbish in a handful of games in the Czech Rep. 

Prague Buddie is a good poster on here, but this time he made an arse of it. Pure and simple. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

This all stemmed from me making a similar point to other posters yet FS (as he’s highlighted above) felt the need to single me out. 

This was ready to be put to bed yesterday afternoon between Prague & me when I said he had made it clearer in future posts. I would be massively surprised if I’m the only one that thinks he went onto contradict himself from his first post, it was my opinion based on how the thread had played out. Never the less it was winding down. 

Yet others just couldn’t let it rest, it happens all the time when I post. Previously held vendettas spoil threads, not me. 👍

Like I said. You just won't accept, apparently under any circumstances, that the problem is you.

In your eyes you are always the innocent party and for some unfathomable reason you get ruffle the feathers of seemingly everyone.

And so here we are.

47 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This all started with me making a point of agreement with several other posters. What did I do wrong to warrant the backlash? If someone would like to point it out I will work on it. 👍

Nope. What you'll do is continually argue the toss on finer and finer details of our feedback over 10 to 20 pages - why it's everyone else who is the problem and not you.

Two of us have tried it again on this very thread (me and djchapsticks) and on both posts you've ignored our points and blamed others.

This is your modus operandi and at the heart of why there is a wall of ill-will against you.

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Like I said. You just won't accept, apparently under any circumstances, that the problem is you.

In your eyes you are always the innocent party and for some unfathomable reason you get ruffle the feathers of seemingly everyone.

And so here we are.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nope. What you'll do is continually argue the toss on finer and finer details of our feedback over 10 to 20 pages - why it's everyone else who is the problem and not you.

Two of us have tried it again on this very thread (me and djchapsticks) and on both posts you've ignored our points and blamed others.

This is your modus operandi and at the heart of why there is a wall of ill-will against you.

Self admitted that I will argue my side, people go out their way to get that reaction out of me. The biggest lie on here is that some don’t purposely go out their way for this to happen and they don’t have a similar position themselves. 

As I have said this would have been done yesterday afternoon between Prague & me, if it wasn’t for the usual suspects arguing with me. The irony is, it’s over a view we very likely agree on. You have to ask yourself how does an argument start when two or more people agree? In this scenario... username. 

Edited by bazil85

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Self admitted that I will argue my side, people go out their way to get that reaction out of me. The biggest lie on here is that some don’t purposely go out their way for this to happen and they don’t have a similar position themselves. 

As I have said this would have been done yesterday afternoon between Prague & me, if it wasn’t for the usual suspects arguing with me. The irony is, it’s over a view we very likely agree on. You have to ask yourself how does an argument start when two or more people agree? In this scenario... username. 

But that is not the accusation being aimed at you. Show me where I said that.

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I have accepted many time’s that I will get into an argument on here when certain people go out their way to cause it. (See FS in this one & the comments on the recent SMISA one) 

Its clear to me people will now go out their way to try & antagonise me. If others don’t think that’s true, fine. 

Aye like you :lol:  Brilliant Baz