Welcome Vaclav Hladky

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m going to break ranks with the usual Bazil bashers here and say that on this occasion he was bang on to keep at this one.

Prague Buddie made a complete arse of it with his initial post. A really really dumb post in my opinion for all the reasons Baz pointed out. 
He then started doing some half arsed back peddling as a smoke screen to his initial nonsense. If he had just come out straight away and said he’d made an arse of it, there would have been a lot less posts on this thread. We all know Baz won’t let something go until someone categorically admits they were wrong. He’s not always right but on this occasion he was. 
An utterly ridiculous notion to suggest that Hladky is only a decent keeper because he was once a bit rubbish in a handful of games in the Czech Rep. 

Prague Buddie is a good poster on here, but this time he made an arse of it. Pure and simple. 

I stand by that point. He played in CZ until he was 28 and did next to zero. He was bang average. 

I stand by my initial post too. 

He was VERY AVERAGE in CZ. (That is why we were able to sign him).  He played enough games to make an impact, but ultimately wasn't good enough to hold down a place in the Liberec team. In his last year there he had his chances. I think at one point he was given around 9 or 10 games on the bounce, but ultimately lost his place and was moved on to us.  I knew of him myself because I got to a game almost every week over here. I follow the CZ game closely, but my wife's family are all Liberec fans who attend week in week out and they told me that he wasn't a bad keeper, just absolutely average and definitely not the best keeper at the club at any point over his 4 years there. 

Based on all of this, when he moved to us, I wasn't very excited. 

He moved onto us and has somehow managed to seriously improve his performances. To the point, he has been superb. But a year and a bit isn't long enough to be classed as one of our best ever keepers. If he did it over 3, 4 or 5 years then I would say yes. 

I am sorry, but only stepping up to the plate for a year and a half of your career when you are almost 30 isn't good enough. 

If I hadn't been living over here in CZ and like everyone else had only known him the past year and a half, I would be raving about him too. 

In my opinion, to be regard as one of a club's greatest players you need to tick a number of boxes. Longevity, great performances, win trophies. Hladky only ticks one of those boxes, so there are a few keepers ahead of him in my greatest Saints goalkeeper list. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

I stand by that point. 
He played in CZ until he was 28 and did next to zero. He was bang average. 
Was...
Fair enough...
That's how we managed to get him.

Now tho, I rate him much better than that... I genuinely think he could go to the very top.

A superb modern keeper with safe hands and great distribution.

33 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Was...
Fair enough...
That's how we managed to get him.

Now tho, I rate him much better than that... I genuinely think he could go to the very top.

A superb modern keeper with safe hands and great distribution.

Real, Barca or Bayern perhaps? 

I am showing some of these posts to Czech fans over here and they are choking on their beer. 

Come on man, calm down. 

At best he will get a move to RFC or some English Championship team, but even then I am not so sure about that. We are perhaps his level. We will see what happens to his career over the next year or two. 

Also, he is almost 30. If he was 22 or 23, then I would say, that there could be a chance. 

I predict he might get a decent move like the one's mentioned above and then his career will gradually fade out. He is just too old to say that he will go much further. 

I can tell you one thing for sure, he has had his chance in CZ, and none of the bigger clubs over here would touch him

Edited by Prague Buddie

51 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I stand by that point. He played in CZ until he was 28 and did next to zero. He was bang average. 

He was VERY AVERAGE in CZ. (That is why we were able to sign him).  He played enough games to make an impact, but ultimately wasn't good enough to hold down a place in the Liberec team. In his last year there he had his chances. I think at one point he was given around 9 or 10 games on the bounce, but ultimately lost his place and was moved on to us.  I knew of him myself because I got to a game almost every week over here. I follow the CZ game closely, but my wife's family are all Liberec fans who attend week in week out and they told me that he wasn't a bad keeper, just absolutely average and definitely not the best keeper at the club at any point over his 4 years there. 

He moved onto us and has somehow managed to seriously improve his performances. To the point, he has been superb. But a year and a bit isn't long enough to be classed as one of our best ever keepers. If he did it over 3, 4 or 5 years then I would say yes. 

I am sorry, but only stepping up to the plate for a year and a half of your career when you are almost 30 isn't good enough. 

If I hadn't been living over here in CZ and like everyone else had only known him the past year and a half, I would be raving about him too. 

In my opinion, to be regard as one of a club's greatest players you need to tick a number of boxes. Longevity, great performances, win trophies. Hladky only ticks one of those boxes, so there are a few keepers ahead of him in my greatest Saints goalkeeper list. 

Absolutely not going to get into a Bazil style tit for tat on this but I think you’re avoiding some of the nonsense you posted earlier. I’ll just pick the most obvious one. You suggested that peoples’ high opinion of him was based on a penalty shoot out. By any stretch of the imagination that is utter bollocks and it does you a disservice if you can’t admit that.

That’s all I’m saying on the matter. Each to their own opinion. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Absolutely not going to get into a Bazil style tit for tat on this but I think you’re avoiding some of the nonsense you posted earlier. I’ll just pick the most obvious one. You suggested that peoples’ high opinion of him was based on a penalty shoot out. By any stretch of the imagination that is utter bollocks and it does you a disservice if you can’t admit that.

That’s all I’m saying on the matter. Each to their own opinion. 

Yes I did, and I do believe that had a MASSIVE impact on creating his 'hero' status

It is a fact, that when you think of a player, you often think of specific moments that create their legendary status. That was Hladky's

Edited by Prague Buddie

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

But that is not the accusation being aimed at you. Show me where I said that.

It was a summary of the way I approach this thread. You’re accusing it of al being my fault, I’ve accurately shown why it’s not. 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Aye like you :lol:  Brilliant Baz 

You got the reaction you wanted for your needless criticism, that’s for sure 😂

3 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

If he goes to Sevco you will find alot of people agreeing with Prague Buddie

According to the Scotsman, Celtic,Sunderland and Houston Dynamo are also interested. 

2 hours ago, munoz said:

According to the SUN....  

ABC Braník 8th
ČAFC Prague 7th
FC Háje Jižní Město 14th
Zličín 9th
FK Admira Prague B 10th
FK Dukla Jižní Město 1st in Class 1.A (group B)
FK Újezd nad Lesy 1st in Class 1.A (group A)
SK Ďáblice 2nd in Class 1.A (group A)
SK Horní Měcholupy 10th in Divize B
SK Motorlet Prague B 12th
SK Třeboradice 4th
SK Uhelné sklady Prague 11th
SK Union Vršovice 13th
SK Zbraslav 5th
Sokol Cholupice 6th
Sokol Královice

...are also interested.    :)

17 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

You could do the club a favour and e mail Gus the names of some more bang average Czech keepers, seeing as we are about to lose ours.

Who do you rate as better keepers for us then?

On 5/24/2020 at 10:18 PM, Prague Buddie said:

If your still over in the Czech Republic mate keep a eye out for any other duds that are kicking about over there,  Stick there name and football club on a postcard and send it to Tony and Gus at...  

The Simple Digital Arena

St Mirren Park,

Greenhill Road,

Paisley,

Renfrewshire,

PA3 1RU

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes I did, and I do believe that had a MASSIVE impact on creating his 'hero' status
It is a fact, that when you think of a player, you often think of specific moments that create their legendary status. That was Hladky's
Who was he no 2 to at liberec?
Apologies if it's been posted already, I'm not going back through almost 600 posts [emoji1]

On 5/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, bazil85 said:

The messages were coming so thick and fast I just passed over that one. That was an honest mistake... I'm sure it's happened to you in the past. 

Tuesday 26th -Baz day- finally admitted he was wrong.

To be fair he is wrong nearly everyday but never admits it!

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Who was he no 2 to at liberec?
Apologies if it's been posted already, I'm not going back through almost 600 posts emoji1.png

Over the 4 years...... Four that I remember. 

Tomas Koubek, Martin Dubravka. Ondrej Kolar and Filip Nguyen

Edited by Prague Buddie