Welcome Vaclav Hladky

Not surprised he’s not got a contract yet.

One of those that our fans thought he was much better than he actually was.

Best keeper in Scotland? Spare me.

Will end up in a second choice gig at some Eastern European or English lower league club.

Ho-hum 🤣

Even I thought he’d do better than mid table English league two ffs.

The reason bigger and better clubs wouldn’t touch him is simple.

He’s just not that good.

Second favourites to win League 2. 
Given the owners, won’t be short of a bob or two. 
I accept that I thought he’d get a bigger gig than that, but anyone deluding themselves that it’s a step down from us is.......well........deluded.

Also love the the way TC has decided thatAlnwick is much better after 3 games.

I too have been impressed with him so far, but it’ll be a good few more games before I’ll be claiming he’s better than Vaclav. 

Second favourites to win League 2. 
Given the owners, won’t be short of a bob or two. 
I accept that I thought he’d get a bigger gig than that, but anyone deluding themselves that it’s a step down from us is.......well........deluded.
Also love the the way TC has decided thatAlnwick is much better after 3 games.
I too have been impressed with him so far, but it’ll be a good few more games before I’ll be claiming he’s better than Vaclav. 

Not just what he’s done for us - although he ya been brilliant in all of those three games.

Jak is younger and played at a higher level than Vaclav.

There’s a reason for that.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'd argue that now that the situation with wages being offered down south has been well and truly redressed with the introduction of a salary cap, the only thing that made League 2 a step up in any way - the money - is now not there and it's undoubtedly a marked step down.

There is absolutely no chance that League 2 is a step up in overall quality from our level, not even close.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd argue that now that the situation with wages being offered down south has been well and truly redressed with the introduction of a salary cap, the only thing that made League 2 a step up in any way - the money - is now not there and it's undoubtedly a marked step down.

There is absolutely no chance that League 2 is a step up in overall quality from our level, not even close.

In fairness DJ, I didn’t say League 2 was a step up in quality compared to our level. I said the move was a step up for Vaclav. 
Your point is noted, but unless you can prove to me what a capped salary in League 2 looks like in comparison to a salary with us, then I’ll continue to hold that view. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness DJ, I didn’t say League 2 was a step up in quality compared to our level. I said the move was a step up for Vaclav. 
Your point is noted, but unless you can prove to me what a capped salary in League 2 looks like in comparison to a salary with us, then I’ll continue to hold that view. 

In L2 - the salary cap is going to be £1.5m per year between the playing squad. For a 23 man squad this will be an average of about £1,250 p/w. 

In L1 - it will be £2.5m per year. So just under £2,100 p/w on average.

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In L2 - the salary cap is going to be £1.5m per year between the playing squad. For a 23 man squad this will be an average of about £1,250 p/w. 

In L1 - it will be £2.5m per year. So just under £2,100 p/w on average.

And what was Vaclav earning with us?

Also those are average amounts and clearly some players will probably be earning a lot more than that and some a lot less. Just pure speculation on my part, but I’d have thought Vaclav would be one of the higher paid players.

In any case the point I am making (and only speculation as I say) is that Vaclav will be earning a tidy sum more there than he was here. If that is the case, then clearly a step up for him. 

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And what was Vaclav earning with us?

Also those are average amounts and clearly some players will probably be earning a lot more than that and some a lot less. Just pure speculation on my part, but I’d have thought Vaclav would be one of the higher paid players.

In any case the point I am making (and only speculation as I say) is that Vaclav will be earning a tidy sum more there than he was here. If that is the case, then clearly a step up for him. 

Stepping stone to Inter Miami AFC. Good luck Vaclav. You did great for us 🇺🇸👏🏁

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Stepping stone to Inter Miami AFC. Good luck Vaclav. You did great for us 🇺🇸👏🏁

Definitely could be a stepping stone.  Does well there (if he signs) , he will get the gig he's been looking for. Still only 29, so time yet. 

I am not here to say 'I told you so', but I knew from the start that Vaclav would not get the BIG move that many on here thought he would. 

He did fantastically well in his time with us and fully deserves his (no doubt) bigger salary. 

As for a much bigger club coming in for him......... I said from the beginning that was never going to happen. 

Good luck though Vaclav, you deserve the financial security this move will likely bring. You certainly done us a turn. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

I am not here to say 'I told you so', but I knew from the start that Vaclav would not get the BIG move that many on here thought he would. 

He did fantastically well in his time with us and fully deserves his (no doubt) bigger salary. 

As for a much bigger club coming in for him......... I said from the beginning that was never going to happen. 

Good luck though Vaclav, you deserve the financial security this move will likely bring. You certainly done us a turn. 

Given the salary caps down South I doubt this will be the big payday many think. He might be on better money but if he is it won't be much bigger.

The 1.5m squad max covers wages, signing on fees, agents fees and image rights and most "experts " seem to think in will equate to about 1000-1200pw.

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given the salary caps down South I doubt this will be the big payday many think. He might be on better money but if he is it won't be much bigger.

The 1.5m squad max covers wages, signing on fees, agents fees and image rights and most "experts " seem to think in will equate to about 1000-1200pw.

It doesn't cover image rights. That's an independent issue. Though I doubt it will generate a lot of cash unless he sets the heather on fire. He'll be on around the 2 grand a week mark. Far more than he was likely to be getting with us.

I thought he would have got a club at a higher level, but maybe 1 reason it didn't happen was due to his height.

Most clubs tend to want tall keepers and he must have been 1 of the smallish in height in our league.

As for his wages, signing on fee, club car, club house, image right   :rolleyes:   i don't know what he will get and either does anybody else on here   :lol:

Edited by Tommy