Welcome Vaclav Hladky

League 2 clubs slary cap is 1.5 mill per season and covers the following (which came directly from EFL) website.                 

When calculating total salary spending, the ‘cap’ includes:

• Basic Wages;

• Taxes;

• Bonuses;

• Image rights;

• Agents’ fees and;

• Other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly to all registered players.

58 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I thought he would have got a club at a higher level, but maybe 1 reason it didn't happen was due to his height.

Most clubs tend to want tall keepers and he must have been 1 of the smallish in height in our league.

As for his wages, signing on fee, club car, club house, image right   :rolleyes:   i don't know what he will get and either does anybody else on here   :lol:

Eh? He’s 6ft 3. He’s hardly a short arse. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given the salary caps down South I doubt this will be the big payday many think. He might be on better money but if he is it won't be much bigger.

The 1.5m squad max covers wages, signing on fees, agents fees and image rights and most "experts " seem to think in will equate to about 1000-1200pw.

If he is on bigger money then good luck to him, if he isn't then it just proves my point even more that he isn't as highly rated as some/majority of our fans may have thought

6 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

If he is on bigger money then good luck to him, if he isn't then it just proves my point even more that he isn't as highly rated as some/majority of our fans may have thought

For someone who “doesn’t want to say I told you so” you seem to be bumping your gums a lot about what you told us. 
I wouldn’t mind, but the prospect of  Hladky signing for Salford doesn’t prove a single thing you said. 

20 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

For someone who “doesn’t want to say I told you so” you seem to be bumping your gums a lot about what you told us. 
I wouldn’t mind, but the prospect of  Hladky signing for Salford doesn’t prove a single thing you said. 

My point all along was that he was 'one' easily replaceable (Alnwick) and 'two' not as good or highly rated as most Buddies thought (Hence why he didn't get that BIG move). 

I said it before and I will say it again. I saw him play for years before he joined us and he was bang average. 

I would say my point has been proven. Unless you can give me some evidence to prove otherwise???? 

Edited by Prague Buddie

My point all along was that he was 'one' easily replaceable (Alnwick) and 'two' not as good or highly rated as most Buddies thought (Hence why he didn't get that BIG move). 
I said it before and I will say it again. I saw him play for years before he joined us and he was bang average. 
I would say my point has been proven. Unless you can give me some evidence to prove otherwise???? 
The "proof" is always going to be subjective.

I saw him in almost every home game he played and a number of away games.

I still say that on the strength of what I witnessed, he was one of the most talented keepers I've seen play for Saints.

Best distribution by a mile.

Reliable. Very few unforced errors.

I wish him well at his new club.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

The "proof" is always going to be subjective.

I saw him in almost every home game he played and a number of away games.

I still say that on the strength of what I witnessed, he was one of the most talented keepers I've seen play for Saints.

Best distribution by a mile.

Reliable. Very few unforced errors.

I wish him well at his new club.

Absolutely,  I agree with everything you say about playing for us.  He was phenomenal. 

But, the times I saw him play in the 5 or 6 years previous was nothing special. 

So based on that, the year and a bit great form for us didn't tempt a BIG club to make an offer,as I predicted. 

I do agree with you though, he was superb for us. 

19 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Yes all of that but you don’t want to say I told you so do you?

I’ll tell you when you can say I told you so. When Vaclav has hung up his gloves and hasn’t aspired to anything higher than us. 
Your opinion of him is based on his time as a bit part player for Slovan Liberec (I’m still unconvinced by how much of him you saw, but will have to take your word for that) and his time with us where you have just described him as “phenomenal”. 
So I’m still struggling to understand your view of him being nothing special. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’ll tell you when you can say I told you so. When Vaclav has hung up his gloves and hasn’t aspired to anything higher than us. 
Your opinion of him is based on his time as a bit part player for Slovan Liberec (I’m still unconvinced by how much of him you saw, but will have to take your word for that) and his time with us where you have just described him as “phenomenal”. 

I will happily give you my phone number and we can compare our knowledge of Czech football and Hladky's career before he joined us

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So I’m still struggling to understand your view of him being nothing special

It seems a few BIG clubs share that view

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In all seriousness and slanging matches aside, I just believe you and the majority of our fans are over-rating him based on only seeing him for just over a year. 

Yes, he had an outstanding time with us, but I just cannot forget him failing to hold on to the number one spot at every opportunity he was given at Liberec. 

In all seriousness and slanging matches aside, I just believe you and the majority of our fans are over-rating him based on only seeing him for just over a year. 
Yes, he had an outstanding time with us, but I just cannot forget him failing to hold on to the number one spot at every opportunity he was given at Liberec. 
My opinion is not based on how long I watched him play... Solely on how I saw him perform consistently during that time.

The only thing that should be bumped
Is his agent many old firm were surprised that he isn't at their club
They rated him best keeper outwith their own
Far better than Bain
For the ones ripping their heid off about Alnwick
I remember Kello being impressive at the start didn't last

Both the old firm signed goalkeepers this summer. Either could have taken Hladky. Neither did.

Maybe their scouts and managers are both wrong, or maybe he just ain’t that good.

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Confirmed. Wonder if he’ll get a game.

IMG_3145.jpg

Found his level I think.

Can't believe he's signed for a club at this level, I know they have a few celebs behind them but FFS 

Could there have been a big brown paper bag involved or maybe he is a big spice girls fan and will have a good chance of meeting his hero posh spice 

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

I also thought he would sign at a higher level - however if he performs like he did for us I don't think he will be in League 2 for long.

I think he will be on a decent wedge so that will soften the blow.

A minor backwards/sideways step that gets him on to a bigger ladder 🙂

6 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I also thought he would sign at a higher level - however if he performs like he did for us I don't think he will be in League 2 for long.

I think he will be on a decent wedge so that will soften the blow.

A minor backwards/sideways step that gets him on to a bigger ladder 🙂

Can't agree with that. It's a major backward/ sideways step, We were his window to go on to a better level.  It wasn't just Stmirren fans who thought he was a class player all the other clubs fans did too.. including the old firm fans.  Jim Goodwin said his only weakness was his height to play in England.. Jim knows his stuff 

11 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Can't agree with that. It's a major backward/ sideways step, We were his window to go on to a better level.  It wasn't just Stmirren fans who thought he was a class player all the other clubs fans did too.. including the old firm fans.  Jim Goodwin said his only weakness was his height to play in England.. Jim knows his stuff 

Fair enough - Its definitely a backward/sideways step - and I thought he would get a better move - I said both these things. My point is that he now has a chance to prove himself in the English leagues - might be too late for him or it might not be.