Jump to content

St.Ricky

Welcome Vaclav Hladky

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

So that agrees with my earlier arguments then - correct ?  :cheers

Probably... if you completely discount the real point I made - being that he could get double or triple whatever the several million £ deficit club might scrape up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Today's BBC website

Screenshot_20191108-071825_Chrome.jpeg

According to that (if factually correct) , we are looking at the Czech market again for a replacement. With any luck we'll find another gem like Vaclac. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munoz said:

According to that (if factually correct) , we are looking at the Czech market again for a replacement. With any luck we'll find another gem like Vaclac. 

Wonder if any of his pals can play at left back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Not without agreement from the players current club. emoji6.png

Not that I'm saying the club has given such permission.

Come! Come!

You are implying that there may be clandestine, behind the scenes manouevring!  

 

Hark back to the Kearney saga!  There was never any sense of underhand duplicity at that time...    : unsure:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 1:17 PM, Magic Monkey said:

So, Tony says he's staying all season. Hladky says he's staying all season. 

And this leads people to conclude he's off in January? 🤨

It is not what people say... there are still two possible outcomes, and at this stage both are still a possibility, even if one is being shouted from the rooftops! :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I assume I must have been wrong, but I thought you couldn’t enter any sort of pre-contract discussion until January itself?

Does this mean a player's agent cannot have a chance meeting for a coffee with a club who might be interested in signing a player he represents?

Do you think agents sit about waiting rather than pro-actively seek to manipulate the best deal or exhaust various possibilities on the way to the time when things can be done legally…?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Does this mean a player's agent cannot have a chance meeting for a coffee with a club who might be interested in signing a player he represents?

Do you think agents sit about waiting rather than pro-actively seek to manipulate the best deal or exhaust various possibilities on the way to the time when things can be done legally…?

I would understand these meetings taking place when looking for an actual transfer in January.

I thought the rules were different regarding pre-contracts, I was under the belief that these discussions couldn’t take place until then. The fact it’s public knowledge is making me think I must have been wrong.

There’s no need to have a dig at me, the point of my post was looking for clarity on the answer as I believed I was assuming wrong. I was looking for a definite answer, not an obnoxious one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

that Hopefully we are also working behind the scenes on a possible replacement. 

We are.

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/18023731.jim-goodwin-lines-hladky-replacement-amid-rangers-interest/

Blue bigot manager says (in his latest press conference) that he knows nothing about alleged interest in Hladky. Says that it's his agent generating interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I would understand these meetings taking place when looking for an actual transfer in January.

I thought the rules were different regarding pre-contracts, I was under the belief that these discussions couldn’t take place until then. The fact it’s public knowledge is making me think I must have been wrong.

There’s no need to have a dig at me, the point of my post was looking for clarity on the answer as I believed I was assuming wrong. I was looking for a definite answer, not an obnoxious one.

Apologies for giving you the impression I was having a dig at you - it was not my intension. I was simply making the point that agents meet folk to tout their players whether it is legally above board or not. They are out for themselves plus their players only.

It is my experience that contracts and pre contract agreements have been drawn up and fully agreed before transfer windows open - then signed and dated when it was right to do so.  So that it what I was attempting to express.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, munoz said:

The situation sounding positive regarding Hladky staying. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/massive-boost-st-mirren-goalkeeper-21150962

As much as I'd like to cash on him in January, Saturday showed how important he is to us.

His save from O'Halloran when he was clean through was exceptional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As much as I'd like to cash on him in January, Saturday showed how important he is to us.

His save from O'Halloran when he was clean through was exceptional.

It’s win win either way. Keep a quality keeper for another 6 months, or make some decent money.

We are probably better off with the player as the club seem to have no real idea how to use the money properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that with Hladky in goals, we will stay up. Whilst I’m not saying without him we will definitely go down, I believe the likelihood will increase considerably.

Therefore it’s a simple calculation for me. If the cost of going down is more than the sum we’re offered, then it’s a no from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m watching Rochdale v Newcastle on Match of the Day just now and I noticed Craig Samson amongst the coaches on the Rochdale bench. 
 

Good goalie for us and I understand he is a decent guy, but if he hadn’t left us a year ago to join Sunderland I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have signed Hladky. 
 

Now bearing in mind that firstly, Hladky is better than Samson and secondly, we dodged the drop in May by the skin of our teeth, I think the only conclusion we can draw is: thank you Craig and well done Sunderland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, uhura said:

I’m watching Rochdale v Newcastle on Match of the Day just now and I noticed Craig Samson amongst the coaches on the Rochdale bench. 
 

Good goalie for us and I understand he is a decent guy, but if he hadn’t left us a year ago to join Sunderland I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have signed Hladky. 
 

Now bearing in mind that firstly, Hladky is better than Samson and secondly, we dodged the drop in May by the skin of our teeth, I think the only conclusion we can draw is: thank you Craig and well done Sunderland. 

Really? I was certain I read that Jack Ross had taken him and John Potter to Hibs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...