St.Ricky

Welcome Vaclav Hladky

32 minutes ago, uhura said:

I’m watching Rochdale v Newcastle on Match of the Day just now and I noticed Craig Samson amongst the coaches on the Rochdale bench. 

Good goalie for us and I understand he is a decent guy, but if he hadn’t left us a year ago to join Sunderland I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have signed Hladky. 

Now bearing in mind that firstly, Hladky is better than Samson and secondly, we dodged the drop in May by the skin of our teeth, I think the only conclusion we can draw is: thank you Craig and well done Sunderland. 

It's a high risk business. The big guy was good when with us imo. He made the call. I'm sure he hasn't lost out financially and things worked out OK for us in brining in Hladky (so far). Best wishes to Craig and hope that Hladky either stays around or goes for a pretty penny. 

59 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I'm in Prague and saw this ad in a magazine.
Apparently 'hladky' is the Czech word for 'smooth'.

20200122_104250.jpeg

:blink: What a relief, I was fearing the worse.    

48 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 1/4/2020 at 10:43 PM, djchapsticks said:
Really? I was certain I read that Jack Ross had taken him and John Potter to Hibs. 

Alan Combe, another ex buddie, still goalkeeping coach with hibs.

Bostik Feet as Davie Hay called him. 

Very decent keeper in his day. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Hladky has been terrific for us since he came here. Up there with Campbell Money and Billy Thomson IMO.

A wee nod in the direction of Craig Hinchcliffe, one of our top 4 or 5 keepers in my long, long time supporting the buddies.

That's actually makes him out to be better than he was.  Not as bad as Scrimgour, though.
I recall both scrimmy and combe having decent starts to their career with us. Went rapidly downhill from there for both of them.

Surely our Goalkeeper must be close to beating Samson's shut out record. 

Hladky hasn't conceded for many weeks now. 

Where does he stand ? 

23 hours ago, shull said:

Surely our Goalkeeper must be close to beating Samson's shut out record. 

Hladky hasn't conceded for many weeks now. 

Where does he stand ? 

In the penalty box for most of the game. It's obvious you've stopped going to football.

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Lucy added to the list alongside BAZZZZZZZZZZZZIL and EK dude. 

All excruciatingly poor with the patter. 

Feck me. You'd do well to look in the mirror you boring ass.

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, shull said:

Lucy added to the list alongside BAZZZZZZZZZZZZIL and EK dude. 

All excruciatingly poor with the patter. 

Just trying to help, I imagine you didn't kick smoking all by yourself. You should be welcoming a support network to get you over this toxic habit that clearly fills you with rage and bitterness.

Control the controllables Shull, you'll never see Scottish football die or takeaway St Mirren fans pride and willingness to fund their football club. :P

I loved Smoking. 

Loved smoking first thing in the morning. 

Loved smoking after every meal. 

Loved smoking, sitting out the back door on a summer's night. 

Just enjoyed every cigarette I smoked. 

Chucked the habit very easily with no help whatsoever. 

Had my last cigarette, around half an hour before getting rushed to the Operating Theatre in the RAH 10 years ago. 

It was really very easy to chuck it. 

2 hours ago, shull said:

I loved Smoking. 

Loved smoking first thing in the morning. 

Loved smoking after every meal. 

Loved smoking, sitting out the back door on a summer's night. 

Just enjoyed every cigarette I smoked. 

Chucked the habit very easily with no help whatsoever. 

Had my last cigarette, around half an hour before getting rushed to the Operating Theatre in the RAH 10 years ago. 

It was really very easy to chuck it. 

Clear BAWA is your real Everest in chucking toxic habits. 

As it's likely he's played his last match for us then so long & thanks for all the fish bigman!

Is there a link to that penalty shoot-out somewhere on the thread, if not then someone technically minded should post a link...

PS - The small portion of the penalty spot I liberated that afternoon is in my back garden!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

As it's likely he's played his last match for us then so long & thanks for all the fish bigman!

Is there a link to that penalty shoot-out somewhere on the thread, if not then someone technically minded should post a link...

PS - The small portion of the penalty spot I liberated that afternoon is in my back garden!

Vaclav is indeed one of the top keepers Buddies have had, and we've had a few very good ones.

JG is right to do everything he can to keep him for another season, but if/when football returns to something like normal, I fear he will leave for a bigger club which he undoubtedly deserves. I just hope SMFC can get good money for him.

If/When he goes, he should go with our appreciation for the great service he's given to the club, especially the saves made in the season 2018-2019 play-offs when he almost single-handedly kept us in the Premiership. 

A very decent bloke. Good Luck to him!