Welcome Vaclav Hladky

7 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Fair enough - Its definitely a backward/sideways step - and I thought he would get a better move - I said both these things. My point is that he now has a chance to prove himself in the English leagues - might be too late for him or it might not be.  

Might get a step back up, when he returns to us. :whistle

Salford are a club on an upward projectory having been promoted 4 times in the last six years. Plenty of cash swirling about as well in having Adam Rooney play for them in the National League and earning a lot more than Aberdeen were paying him. Slavia Prague and Legia Warsaw both allegedly wanted Vaclav however I am sure Salford can pay him more.

Vaclav was an excellent keeper for us and I am surprised at those that are dismissing him. Best of luck Vaclav, you were great for us.

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Both the old firm signed goalkeepers this summer. Either could have taken Hladky. Neither did.

Maybe their scouts and managers are both wrong, or maybe he just ain’t that good.

More like snobbery

Can't be signing players from Pishy St Mirren

Adam and Wank Broadfoot excellent players but slated by the orcs

Morgan just was never accepted by Sellic and changed his game to please them

Just became a workhorse , a headless chicken

I'm genuinely trying to think of any bad games and I can't recall many if any. His stats in comparison to the rest of the league were also excellent. What are you basing your rather underwhelming opinion on specifically or is it simply that he wasn't signed by Goodwin ???

Both the old firm signed goalkeepers this summer. Either could have taken Hladky. Neither did.

Maybe their scouts and managers are both wrong, or maybe he just ain’t that good.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Salford are a club on an upward projectory having been promoted 4 times in the last six years. Plenty of cash swirling about as well in having Adam Rooney play for them in the National League and earning a lot more than Aberdeen were paying him. Slavia Prague and Legia Warsaw both allegedly wanted Vaclav however I am sure Salford can pay him more.

Vaclav was an excellent keeper for us and I am surprised at those that are dismissing him. Best of luck Vaclav, you were great for us.

Totally agree. Plus it's Vaclav's dream to play in England. Good luck to him. Hope he goes on to great success.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

If Slavia really wanted him he would be there now. 

Slavia generated 25m Euro from the Champions league last season. They played Barca, Inter Milan and Dortmund along the way. The season before they got to the Europa league quarter finals losing to Chelsea. In the past year they have sold two players for 15m and 11m (Soucek to West Ham and Kral to S Moscow. 

I don't think Salford can compete with that. 

ETA... Their owners Sinobo are the biggest property development firm in China. Absolutely loaded!!!! 

Edited by Prague Buddie

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'm genuinely trying to think of any bad games and I can't recall many if any. His stats in comparison to the rest of the league were also excellent. What are you basing your rather underwhelming opinion on specifically or is it simply that he wasn't signed by Goodwin ???

Some people have very short memories. Just because he didn't get a 'big' move, doesn't mean he wasn't that good after all.

36 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He still thinks Mallan is better than McGinn.:lol:

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Attention.

Good luck Vaclav - and thank you for your service. Most would agree you are the best goalkeeper to wear the stripes (or bright pink) in the modern era.

I hope no players or agents read this forum...

1 hour ago, Prague Buddie said:

Slavia generated 25m Euro from the Champions league last season. They played Barca, Inter Milan and Dortmund along the way. The season before they got to the Europa league quarter finals losing to Chelsea. In the past year they have sold two players for 15m and 11m (Soucek to West Ham and Kral to S Moscow. 

ETA... Their owners Sinobo are the biggest property development firm in China. Absolutely loaded!!!! 

Fair enough. However there was a lot of speculation here that Slavia were monitoring him.

53 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Fair enough. However there was a lot of speculation here that Slavia were monitoring him.

Yeah, I read online the speculation linking him to Slavia. If they were interested in him, I believe it would have been as a no2. Their current keeper (Ondrej Kolar) is firmly number one, only 25 and Slavia only last month turned down a 15m Euro bid from Valencia for him. 

Ironically he is also the same Ondrej Kolar who kept Hladky out of the Liberec team

How much of that have they spent? :)

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Very sad to see Hladky playing at such a low level. I assumed as he had left saints, it was to either return home or at least sign for a bigger team. Can’t work that one out.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££  

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££  

Or, one decent season down there and he'll progress. 

Always wanted to play in England and is now doing that.

On 9/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, Saint@Johnstone said:

Very sad to see Hladky playing at such a low level. I assumed as he had left saints, it was to either return home or at least sign for a bigger team. Can’t work that one out.

My opinion is that Hladky was convinced by his agent or others that he was going to get a much bigger gig if he could negotiate as a free agent. The press had him already signed for the likes of the rangers and others were supposedly courting him. That never materialised and may never have been on the cards. He has, however, ended up in a league where wages are higher than many in our league can afford. It may well turn out to be a backward step though as at least our games are regularly shown on UK wide telly.