St Mirren 1 Celtic 0 sept 1989

14 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Hi folks

does anyone have any footage or news clippings or indeed info about this match. There appears to be very little . I think Keith Walker scores our goal

thanks 

Wasn't on the telly suprise surprise Archie hated Love St

Walker scored Tommy Burns sent off and Paul Kinnaird got subbed then appeared from the tunnel watching the game

Just with a towel on

10 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Walker scored Tommy Burns sent off and Paul Kinnaird got subbed then appeared from the tunnel watching the game

Just with a towel on

But Celtic still finished with 11 men as Burns got sent off after being subbed along with Kinnaird, you are right Kinnaird then appeared at the tunnel in his towel watching the game. If I remember correctly the big talking point was Kinnaird being able to stand in the tunnel and watch the game and not how Celtic kept 11 players on the park after Burns was red carded whilst being subbed

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Just with a towel on

Was it wrapped around his heid.  :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

My hazy memory is this was an early ko for some reason but I could be wrong as can't think why as it's way before live tv.

There was a couple of time when we played Celtic at Love Street and Ranger where also at home we would alternate early kick offs. You could be right, think it might have been a 2pm kick off

Unlike the other games v Celtic that season, we took an absolute pummeling in that second half. It was an extraordinary feat to hold out for a 1-0 win.

I'm in the camp that says it wasn't on the telly. I'd  be willing to bet a right few quid on that, in fact. The other Love Street game with Celtic was televised that season. It was an unlucky 0-2 loss, and the feeling at the time was that it was a pisser that the shit one was televised while the good one wasn't, which happenend to us a lot in the 80s.

Campbell Money made a fantastic save right at the end from a Derek Whyte header.

Paul Kinnaird got sent off so Saints actually won with ten men. Why Celtic ended up with eleven still on the pitch despite Burns getting a red card is probably due to the fact the referee was clueless.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes