Do Stmirren fans want to return to England

In a revived Anglo Scottish cup. As the only Scottish team to win this fine trophy, should we be trying to revive the cup?
Nah. Now that shite clubs like St J's, ICT and even Ross county have managed to win cups the importance of our cup wins is getting diluted.

Stay as the only scottish winners of the Barcelona Cup, The Anglo Scottish cup and the Singapore cup.

Helps with our superiority complex. [emoji12]

English clubs wouldn't entertain another Anglo Scottish Cup,  They mostly play twice a week as it is,  Can't see it getting off the ground, Even lower league teams like, AFC Fylde and Kidderminster Harriers as we wouldn't allow the likes of Josh Heaton to play against us.... :huh:  then again....  :rolleyes:  Ye maybe not a bad idea after all.. Lets start a campaign 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

In a revived Anglo Scottish cup. As the only Scottish team to win this fine trophy, should we be trying to revive the cup?

Reasonable point Albion.  Personally,  I enjoyed the games but perhaps football in England has moved on and this may not be attractive to them.  if it was to be revived then how would you select the teams which would participate on either side of the border? 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Reasonable point Albion.  Personally,  I enjoyed the games but perhaps football in England has moved on and this may not be attractive to them.  if it was to be revived then how would you select the teams which would participate on either side of the border? 

Maybe a UEFA nations league set up, with finals in the 2nd year. I would imagine it wouldn’t be to difficult to engage the Old firm, they are always banging on about playing in an English league. 

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Maybe a UEFA nations league set up, with finals in the 2nd year. I would imagine it wouldn’t be to difficult to engage the Old firm, they are always banging on about playing in an English league. 

The issues I see would be that teams involved in Europe would have too many other lucrative games already. So could the criteria be that the next x clubs were entrered other than clubs which had been relegated. 

5 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Why not get rid of the league cup in both countries and replace it with the Anglo cup? Or merge the League cups?

Same thing really but I always thought that could be a decent option.

Quite simply because no English clubs at a decent level even look at the Scottish game as anything other than diddy football. To think they would take this seriously is absolute pie in the sky. Money in English football, all the way down the league is way beyond our level. And money is what would drive this, or not, as the case may be.