Alias Use on The Forum

St.Ricky

A lot of space on the forum is currently being devoted to the use of more than one Alias on the Forum. Personally, I only use my Screen Name. 

Some posters seem to be hung up on "likes" for some reason that escapes me. I like posts that either challenge or inform (whether I agree with them or not). Looks as though some look at "likes" as some form of self validation.  

Needy perhaps? 

The suggestion seems to be that Posters use another Alias to "like" or promote their own posts.

Strange!

Surely not!?

Edited by St.Ricky

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A lot of space on the forum is currently being devoted to the use of more than one Alias on the Forum. Personally, I only use my Screen Name. 

Some posters seem to be hung up on "likes" for some reason that escapes me. I like posts that either challenge or inform (whether I agree with them or not). Looks as though some look at "likes" as some form of self validation.  

Needy perhaps? 

The suggestion seems to be that Posters use another Alias to "like" or promote their own posts.

Strange!

Surely not!?

Can you refresh my memory Ricky to when your posts either challenge or inform :P

2 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Can you refresh my memory Ricky to when your posts either challenge or inform :P

I know a lot of people on here take the mikey out of Ricky, but may I suggest you go back to school (pay attention next time and listen to what the teacher tells you)   If he talks rubbish then challenge him by all means., but this simply shows that you sir are a dummy.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I know a lot of people on here take the mikey out of Ricky, but may I suggest you go back to school (pay attention next time and listen to what the teacher tells you)   If he talks rubbish then challenge him by all means., but this simply shows that you sir are a dummy.  :lol:

Little do you know that I have challenged Ricky with his posts on many occasion, but hey if you want to start with the insults that fine with me :D

1 minute ago, chalky1 said:

Little do you know that I have challenged Ricky with his posts on many occasion, but hey if you want to start with the insults that fine with me :D

How is what I said an insult?  Irrespective of 'any other occasions' what Ricky asked in this post was legitimate.  You my friend; intimated that it was not (if you are not sure what intimated means , look it up). You are therefore behaving like a dummy (someone who doesn't quite comprehend what was said).  I am not looking to insult you specifically, unless of course your behaviour is such that I feel it is warranted..  Ricky is a big boy and certainly does not need my support but, you know what ; I get pissed off with plonkers on here debasing other posters simply because they don't have the intellect to comprehend certain issues.  Perhaps when the Adults are speaking they should simply GO TO BED.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Needy perhaps? 

Strange!

Surely not!?

Name names. 

Name the people who are using 2 or more aliases at the same time. 

Name those obsessed with getting likes. 

Only you is talking about the above. 

Gies your proof. 

25 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Never mind .............     Gies your proof, gies a break and fur chrisakes gies peace.  never known somebody  who talks so much and says sod all.

I direct you to the target of chalky1's first post on this very thread. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

direct you to the target of chalky1's first post on this very thread. :lol:

Edited 8 minutes ago by oaksoft

Not entirely sure I get the point, (It is possible I am a DUMMY too), I challenged Chalky's post because Ricky (who originated the post) was challenging those who use alternate screen names to build up 'likes' .  like Ricky, I don't see the point, but then i don't consider myself as 'needy'.  Maybee I am just missing something , it's been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng day.  B)

3 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Please keep me out of this :P

What! how dare you, I'll have you know that people have been defending your point of view while you no doubt have been sat on you bum having your dinner and generally having a good time while qwe here on the Forum have been seriously debating erm erm all sorts of prwetty important things yes  remember that erm I think  .... Bye

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

What! how dare you, I'll have you know that people have been defending your point of view while you no doubt have been sat on you bum having your dinner and generally having a good time while qwe here on the Forum have been seriously debating erm erm all sorts of prwetty important things yes  remember that erm I think  .... Bye

Think you need to go back to school and listen to what the teacher tells you about finishing, emm, what did he say again? Anyway I had a great dinner :P

1 hour ago, shull said:

Name names. 

Name the people who are using 2 or more aliases at the same time. 

Name those obsessed with getting likes. 

Only you is talking about the above. 

Gies your proof. 

Shull. Read the opening post. I haven't suggested anything of the sort. Others have been doing so on other threads.  Putting this forward for debate enables anyone who wishes to express any views they might have on the topic.

Let me repeat. I have one screen name.  Let me repeat that I happily like contributions to discussions where they add to the debates but this doesn't confer agreement. 

Others appear to view the system differently  and I therefore asked (note didn't state) if anybody doing what has been suggested by some , are needy and seeking validation.

Over to anyone who wishes to discuss or ignore as you wish.

But guys..just being obnoxious doesn't constitute an argument.

Edited by St.Ricky

33 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Not entirely sure I get the point, (It is possible I am a DUMMY too), I challenged Chalky's post because Ricky (who originated the post) was challenging those who use alternate screen names to build up 'likes' .  like Ricky, I don't see the point, but then i don't consider myself as 'needy'.  Maybee I am just missing something , it's been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng day.  B)

It must be. On the Brexit thread you appear to have blasted me for things antrim said. :lol:

17 hours ago, jaybee said:

not at all , if you check I have clarified that, but yes long day and soooooooooooo many short people, :lol:

Jeez oh Jaybee, you call me a dummy, tell me to go back to school and now you are having a go about my height, lol :D