Phils No Claims Discount F'kd

HSS

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Is this a serious question?

You might as well ask why an 18-25 year old is allowed to drive on public roads given they are responsible for most of the accidents.

2 out of 10 accidents are caused by drunk drivers.That means 8 out of 10 accidents are caused by sober drivers.Yet it's the drunk drivers who get a hard time.Something wrong there somewhere.:boo2:

President of the AA Edmund King said high profile car crashes involving elderly drivers often spark calls for bans or restrictions on older drivers.

But he added: "If driving restrictions based on age and safety were introduced we would be more likely to restrict young drivers rather than older drivers.

"Young, predominantly male, drivers are much more likely to crash within six months of passing their test than older drivers within six months of hanging up their keys.  

"Older drivers often self restrict their driving by not driving at night and only driving on familiar roads."

8 minutes ago, pod said:

President of the AA Edmund King said high profile car crashes involving elderly drivers often spark calls for bans or restrictions on older drivers.

But he added: "If driving restrictions based on age and safety were introduced we would be more likely to restrict young drivers rather than older drivers.

"Young, predominantly male, drivers are much more likely to crash within six months of passing their test than older drivers within six months of hanging up their keys.  

"Older drivers often self restrict their driving by not driving at night and only driving on familiar roads."

Edmund King OBE chips in to get Phil The Greek's back. Whoodathunkit?

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You might as well ask why an 18-25 year old is allowed to drive on public roads given they are responsible for most of the accidents.

As a scientist you must be aware that there are more 18-25 year old drivers than 97 year olds.

2 hours ago, smcc said:

As a scientist you must be aware that there are more 18-25 year old drivers than 97 year olds.

I made the mistake of assuming you would understand I was talking about relative numbers for both groups. Any other metric would be as pointless as you.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

Theresa May has sent him her best wishes. He's 97, just ended up upside doon in a car crash and he's been getting frailer everytime he makes an appearance for a few years now.

He'll be deid before Easter with that jonah wishing him well.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:41 PM, HSS said:

Why are 18-25 year olds allowed to drive on public roads?

Driving into Braehead car park I stopped as a parked car was pulling out. After a few moments BANG a car runs into the back of me. Get out the car expecting the worst nothing on my bumper except a faint scratch. The young lad car had bits of his bumper and number plate fallen off his new car. It happened the night before I flew out on holiday so I let it go. How he could run into a stationery car baffles me. 

On 1/17/2019 at 8:49 PM, oaksoft said:

17 hours ago, smcc said:

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I made the mistake of assuming you would understand I was talking about relative numbers for both groups. Any other metric would be as pointless as you.

If your use of English were as superior as your professed scientific knowledge I might have have been able to understand that. I wonder why you think that abuse contributes anything to your posts.