Give up your sovereignty. .

saintnextlifetime

2 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Any article full of quotes by  Gerald Warner, who was the policy adviser to Michael Forsyth and writes for the Scottish Daily Mail , can suitably derided.

Unless of course you're harking back to the days of the Raj.

Edited by FTOF

One line from that article:-

She’s known as “Mama Merkel,” yet she’s childless (which may help explain her urge to “mother” Muslim migrants: misdirected maternal instinct?).

f**king hell.  :blink:

I think we can safely deposit this article and it's author in the sea where it belongs with virtually everything else snakey seem to dredge up from the internet.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Any article full of quotes by  Gerald Warner, who was the policy adviser to Michael Forsyth and writes for the Scottish Daily Mail , can suitably derided.

Unless of course you're harking back to the days of the Raj.

Oh , sorry buddie , the thread isnae about Gerald Warner. .

https://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/31054-killing-nationalism-merkel-says-nations-should-give-up-sovereignty

https://www.wnd.com/2018/11/merkel-give-up-sovereignty-to-eu/

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201811221070048712-merkel-sovereignty-europe/

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/11/23/merkel-eu-hand-sovereignty-brussels/

Hope this helps. .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Sputnik News and Breitbart :lol:

One of those articles quote her as saying "Today, nation states should, I would say must – be prepared to give up their sovereignty" and another quotes her as saying "Today, nation states must, I would say should – be prepared to give up their sovereignty". Breitbart just leave out the inconvenient word "should" but run her quote as "must".

Do you read any of the guff you post about? :lol:

Just give up snakey.

Nobody is interested in this nonsense. We all have lives to lead.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:34 PM, oaksoft said:

Sputnik News and Breitbart :lol:

One of those articles quote her as saying "Today, nation states should, I would say must – be prepared to give up their sovereignty" and another quotes her as saying "Today, nation states must, I would say should – be prepared to give up their sovereignty". Breitbart just leave out the inconvenient word "should" but run her quote as "must".

Do you read any of the guff you post about? :lol:

Just give up snakey.

Nobody is interested in this nonsense. We all have lives to lead.

Snakey . .lol

A bit rich fae a guy that condones the drugging of young weans , ya creep. .

If you have a life to lead you seem to spend a lot of time on here , giving your tedious insights .No one is compelling you to be here(hopefully) . .

13 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Some want a United States of Europe rather than the EU made up of countries. Will never happen though Germany and France getting into the same bed is a possibility. 

13 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

This quote relates to those countries in the Eurozone. I. E.  Those who have adopted the Euro as their currency. 

It marries Political Control and Economic Control..

The same basic arguments are put forward by those who Support the UK. 

Political and Economic Control of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland in the Sterling equivalent. 

Some reject that argument and argue for independence.  Others see a Similar Federal solution for the UK. 

The meaning of Sovereignty may well be changing. 

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Some want a United States of Europe rather than the EU made up of countries. Will never happen though Germany and France getting into the same bed is a possibility. 

A union of states with central control , say in Brussells but with real control coming from more likely , Berlin , has been the idea since the begining. Ed Heath when he signed us up to the EEc apparently knew that . The Union has been insideously creeping up on us for the last 40 odd years . They reckoned , probably correctly , that the British would never agree outright to that kind of union , so instead it just creeps up on you quietly until , one day it is simply too late to do fuck all about it. .

16 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

A union of states with central control , say in Brussells but with real control coming from more likely , Berlin , has been the idea since the begining. Ed Heath when he signed us up to the EEc apparently knew that . The Union has been insideously creeping up on us for the last 40 odd years . They reckoned , probably correctly , that the British would never agree outright to that kind of union , so instead it just creeps up on you quietly until , one day it is simply too late to do fuck all about it. .

Paranoia creeps up on you too..........

34 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He sees conspiracy theories literally everywhere he looks.

I can't imagine what it must be like to live like that.

You really need to give it a rest. We all lead our lives differently. We can all look at each other and laugh maybe it's just modern social media where you can push bullshit behind the safety of a keyboard far away. Whatever, you are fast becoming the self confessed supriour intelligence above all else , self proclaimed I may add. Wise up ffs.  

52 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You really need to give it a rest. We all lead our lives differently. We can all look at each other and laugh maybe it's just modern social media where you can push bullshit behind the safety of a keyboard far away. Whatever, you are fast becoming the self confessed supriour intelligence above all else , self proclaimed I may add. Wise up ffs.  

As you say IOBS, we all live our lives differently and have different views. My guess too is that a number, not all, of posters adopt an on line persona that might be a version of themselves that people meeting them off line would find intriguing to say the least. I don't know Oaky so couldn't comment but I've met people who are quiet on here but tigers in real life and vice versa. And tigers on here who are quiet off line. It helps if we don't take things too seriously...but you know that.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

As you say IOBS, we all live our lives differently and have different views. My guess too is that a number, not all, of posters adopt an on line persona that might be a version of themselves that people meeting them off line would find intriguing to say the least. I don't know Oaky so couldn't comment but I've met people who are quiet on here but tigers in real life and vice versa. And tigers on here who are quiet off line. It helps if we don't take things too seriously...but you know that.

Agree, there could be respect of each other. I have met a quite a few forum posters all of which I consider brand knew a common bond of St Mirren. But hey hoo it's not going to happen. Free speech lives good or bad

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

:lol:

Seriously bud. You should look at your own posting history before you criticise others.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I am pretty sure we don't need you continually trying to shit stir when two other posters are having a go at each other.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am pretty sure we don't need you continually trying to shit stir when two other posters are having a go at each other.

I'm pretty sure that I was reacting to the post by IOBS by commenting on posters in general and in fact pointed our that I couldn't /wouldnt comment on yourself as I didn't know you. Argue away. IOBS is a big boy. By all means Go for it with whomsoever you please, when you please. 

21 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Paranoia creeps up on you too..........

Did somebody upset you. .

So let's see, it sounds like you are trying to say that the EEC didn't insidiously transform into the European Union is that right ? Bearing in mind that the first time the British people were asked if they wanted to be in a union with Germany Europe was only a couple of years ago , after being just sort of dropped into it in the 9ts . Sounds like you are either neurotic or in denial. .

20 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yeah being pompous is just one thing with him but him being sanctimonious happens all the time now .